Statement FC 2.0 v Airdrieonians

Diamond8

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/01/2019 at 21:06, Flybhoy said:

No thread just four days before the game...?

Probably in the minority here but give me a 5.15 kick off over a lunchtime one anyday, time for a few pre match scoops without having to set your fucking alarm and home in perfect time for the pubs getting busy.

Should see at least one of the new arrivals feature on Saturday in what you would think will be a straightforward home win....but stranger things have happened in football. 

Should be a decent away support too seeing as Rangers aren't playing on Saturday and there are no orange walks scheduled in the area..

3-0 Celtic. 

Some patter mate. 

Your knuckles get sore dragging along like that?

FTOF

Around half the Airdrie support are RC  but all we get from the Celtic fannies is casual sectarianism from the off.  
Classy as ever from TSPGFITW

No offence but where do you get this shite from did you go round every airdrie fan and ask their religion football ain’t about religion it’s about two football teams 22 players giving 100%

35 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Always knew Airdrie where the crash test dummy guinea pigs  for the main event down govan way.
Minty got away with it once the second time was a breeze. 

Being a fan of one of the OF I have my doubts you know anything.

Keep dragging your knuckles pal.

This was my secret Santa present from work last month (excuse the background untidiness); someone who I work with is clearly astute as i'd lost my original from the game but can't remember telling anyone at work!

IMG-0689-1.jpg

What an amazing day that was (apart from the result, obvs), and an even more amazing season; I think I managed to get to every home and away match that season including most reserve games too. The 4-1 away to Raith in the QF was a particular highlight. As a 12 year old away at the match with yer pals on the supporters bus, the adventure was magic enough, but to see us dismantle a very good Raith team that day in the manner we did made it even sweeter!

Then Hearts at Hampden in the semi; just when I thought days out at the football couldn't be any better, up steps Stevie Cooper to put us into the final!

I had a wee tear in my eye reading back through the program at Christmas, not just for the nostalgia but seeing pictures of the great footballers who's lives have since come to an end.  Stevie Cooper, Phil O'Donnell, Tommy Burns; it really was quite upsetting. But life goes on and the memories of being a Junior Diamond at that time will never leave me. We'll give it a go on Saturday and any sort of positive result will hopefully give the players and management a massive boost going into the second half of the season. I hope everyone has a cracking day out regardless!!

1 hour ago, jofis said:

Then Hearts at Hampden in the semi; just when I thought days out at the football couldn't be any better, up steps Stevie Cooper to put us into the final!

I had a wee tear in my eye reading back through the program at Christmas, not just for the nostalgia but seeing pictures of the great footballers who's lives have since come to an end.  Stevie Cooper, Phil O'Donnell, Tommy Burns; it really was quite upsetting. But life goes on and the memories of being a Junior Diamond at that time will never leave me. We'll give it a go on Saturday and any sort of positive result will hopefully give the players and management a massive boost going into the second half of the season. I hope everyone has a cracking day out regardless!!

Indeed, these players were taken from us far too soon.

On the 1995 final itself, I know John Davies wasn't exactly the most popular player at Airdrie but I felt we really missed his presence in midfield that day. Pretty sure his absence was due to being sent off in rather dubious circumstances at EEP in the league.

1 minute ago, Caro-Kann said:

Indeed, these players were taken from us far too soon.

On the 1995 final itself, I know John Davies wasn't exactly the most popular player at Airdrie but I felt we really missed his presence in midfield that day. Pretty sure his absence was due to being sent off in rather dubious circumstances at EEP in the league.

Jackie MacNamara feigning injury.   Spoke to Davies in the car park...  "Did you hit him John".  "I wish I had now"

21 hours ago, jofis said:

This was my secret Santa present from work last month (excuse the background untidiness); someone who I work with is clearly astute as i'd lost my original from the game but can't remember telling anyone at work!

IMG-0689-1.jpg

What an amazing day that was (apart from the result, obvs), and an even more amazing season; I think I managed to get to every home and away match that season including most reserve games too. The 4-1 away to Raith in the QF was a particular highlight. As a 12 year old away at the match with yer pals on the supporters bus, the adventure was magic enough, but to see us dismantle a very good Raith team that day in the manner we did made it even sweeter!

Great post mate. I’d forgotten all about Stevie Cooper. Tragic.

Archived