Dundee man donates pasta to locals

ICTChris

A Dundee man has revealed that he has been leaving packets of dried pasta outside the doors of residents to help them out. Ian Bell, 57, has been leaving pasta in the high rise flats of Hilltown and Lockheed but recipients have noted that some of the pasta is years out of date.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-man-shocks-multis-folk-by-delivering-some-of-his-5500-bags-of-stockpiled-pasta/

Have any P&Bers been lucky enough to receive some pasta from Ian?

Have any P&Bers stockpiled more than 5,000 packets of pasta and then distributed them to the needy?

I feel a wee bit sorry for him. That article is basically ripping the piss out of him whilst he's trying to do a good thing.

As an aside, I didn't even know pasta went out of date.

I can also confirm I have not received any pasta.

David Martin, 26, a plumber from Tulloch Court, said: “I saw the funny side of it and let out a giggle.

“But then I started to think more into things and thought: ‘What if this is a gang-related scheme and they have used the pasta to see if someone will take it inside their house?’

“If they come back and the pasta is not there, then that house has someone staying there just now.

“If the pasta is still outside the door then the house has been empty and can be robbed.”

I think David is giving the innovative thinking of the young lads running the Lochee Fleet far too much credit.

I feel a wee bit sorry for him. That article is basically ripping the piss out of him whilst he's trying to do a good thing.
As an aside, I didn't even know pasta went out of date.
I can also confirm I have not received any pasta.

The Telegraph have denied that their article “Everyone laugh at this pasta hoarding spastic!!!” poked fun at Mr Bell.

34 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

David Martin, 26, a plumber from Tulloch Court, said: “I saw the funny side of it and let out a giggle.

“But then I started to think more into things and thought: ‘What if this is a gang-related scheme and they have used the pasta to see if someone will take it inside their house?’

“If they come back and the pasta is not there, then that house has someone staying there just now.

“If the pasta is still outside the door then the house has been empty and can be robbed.”

I think David is giving the innovative thinking of the young lads running the Lochee Fleet far too much credit.

Expect to see it posted on Facebook with a BE AWEAR pretty soon.

58 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

I didn't think this might be a viable plan.

I do now.

That article is a gold mine of comedy quotes:

Ian, pictured, said: “I have so much of the stuff and I wanted to help others and put myself on the world stage.

“My aim is to help thousands of people in the Dundee area and create work for people.

“I have given it to people who can handle it.

“I’ve tried taking it to foodbanks before but you don’t know where the pasta is going and I can’t leave it outside because pasta doesn’t mix well with rain."

Ian says he is hoping to branch out into different products by building up a collection of garlic and pasta sauces too.

One of the recipients of the pasta pack was Casey Bell, 19, who stays in Elders Court.

She said: “I saw everyone in the landing had it, plus the downstairs landing – someone left a note in the lift warning people about it. I’ve brought it in for now.”

Another Elders Court resident, Michael Mcpherson, 21 said “I refused to even bring it inside my house.”

The maker of Ian’s preferred brand of pasta, Napolina, was approached for comment but hadn’t responded at the time of going to press.

:lol::lol:

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Given the revelations of the "minkmap" in another thread surely the pasta would be better served feeding the Weegies and letting them know its Christmas time? 

Spaghetti Western?

Archived