The SPARTANS on the slide?

Tenkay

What’s happening at the Spartans ? Previously they would have turned over teams like Whitehill Welfare without any trouble.

Are things in decline for last seasons champs,  because by recent standards there must be questions asked.

Too many mediocre results this season.

3 hours ago, gogsy said:

What are the chances of Civil Service Strollers  finishing above them and being top side from Edinburgh in league?:)

Could very well happen Gary Jardine has won this league twice so knows it inside and out. Done well so far.

Don’t think Spartans have beaten any of the top teams in the league for a few seasons. Last year they had no wins against the other top four teams, this year the same.

Last year they succeeded by not dropping points v the rest of the league, it’s actually this area where they’ve struggled compared to last year.

1 hour ago, surely not! said:

Don’t think Spartans have beaten any of the top teams in the league for a few seasons. Last year they had no wins against the other top four teams, this year the same.

Last year they succeeded by not dropping points v the rest of the league, it’s actually this area where they’ve struggled compared to last year.

Still a team of champions ffs folk keep on degrading the LL. .in case folk don't realise it's a hard league t be in

What do i Ken my teams heading doon,let's see the floodlights everywhere in the  LL or round aboot develop , a lot o teams will be fecked up by the new rules ??  

Our main  rivals in the LL to stay up  had 16 bulbs to watch them nae disrespect tae them but looks like they could be fecked tae  ???

Mon the LL  hope them in charge realise what they're taking on !!

By way I've said for ages it's no ww looking over shoulders it's the other  teams  like yer Spartans even yer EK or bsc that life may no be as easy in the LL in the future,certainly if yer average LL team like ww go doon.

Unless the SPFL2 open up  its gonnae be near impossible for the LL champions to get there  ??

# Saturday night pissed but even yer top 4 or 5 LL teams might miss the golden ticket that is up for grabs yet the HFL remains as it is regarding bottom club    ??

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Still a team of champions ffs folk keep on degrading the LL. .in case folk don't realise it's a hard league t be in

What do i Ken my teams heading doon,let's see the floodlights everywhere in the  LL or round aboot develop , a lot o teams will be fecked up by the new rules ??  

Our main  rivals in the LL to stay up  had 16 bulbs to watch them nae disrespect tae them but looks like they could be fecked tae  ???

By way I've said for ages it's no ww looking over shoulders it's the other  teams  like yer Spartans even yer EK or bsc that life may no be as easy in the LL in the future,certainly if yer average LL team like ww go doon.

Unless the SPFL2 open up  its gonnae be near impossible for the LL champions to get there  ??

# Saturday night pissed but even yer top 4 or 5 LL teams might miss the golden ticket that is up for grabs yet the HFL remains as it is regarding bottom club    ??

Go on yoursel Newky !

Hic ...  :) 

1 minute ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Go on yoursel Newky !

Hic ...  :) 

Tell me I'm wrong though rab  hic :lol:  the LL will be an incredible league to be in  yet  to get to in or oot  will only have the odd team getting promoted, wi a massive relegation yet the HFL will stay as it is for years  ?? 

Am I missing something here :lol:

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

Tell me I'm wrong though rab  hic :lol:  the LL will be an incredible league to be in  yet  to get to in or oot  will only have the odd team getting promoted, wi a massive relegation yet the HFL will stay as it is for years  ?? 

Am I missing something here :lol:

:lol: ... there’s a lot to consider but I’m not disagreeing with you Newky :)

2 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

:lol: ... there’s a lot to consider but I’m not disagreeing with you Newky :)

It's meant to be a pyramid, seriously and no just because my team are probably in free fall but how the feck are the HFL getting away wi it ??

there's a lot of teams in yon East of Scotland League now have  THE DEVIL'S ILLUMINATION so you may be dazzled yet if Welfare go down Newky!

It's only mid January, there's a lot of points to be played for and it's not over 'til the fat b*****d scores as I always say...! 

It's meant to be a pyramid, seriously and no just because my team are probably in free fall but how the feck are the HFL getting away wi it ??

What league could there be under the Highland League?

9 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Get ti bed

38 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

You up yet Newky ? 

8 hours ago, PELE said:

What league could there be under the Highland League?

That's my point the team that's bottom of the HFL year in year out stay at the same level as the LL which  has aboot 2 or 3 tiers below it for teams to go into.

How is that a pyramid  ?

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

That's my point the team that's bottom of the HFL year in year out stay at the same level as the LL which  has aboot 2 or 3 tiers below it for teams to go into.

How is that a pyramid  ?

4 months without a win ... it looks like the Fort William envy has set in Newky. 

5 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

How is that a pyramid  ?

That's the problem we have in  Scotland. The pyramid has to stop somewhere. I believe Highland League teams can be voted out if anyone was serious about replacing them.

There simply isn't the money or support at those levels to have a true pyramid. No point having an endless tier of leagues when teams further down don't want to move up or cannot afford to.

I can see the Lowland League becoming bigger and stronger, but with few or no teams underneath it able to compete. We could end up with just the Highland League and an expanded Lowland League.

1 hour ago, The_Judge said:

I just got a DM from Midge explaining that Spartans slide is the fault of two parties. 

1. Barry Ferguson

2. The Spartans committee for not employing Tam Courts.

I thought we agreed this would remain cone fidential?

Archived