St Roch's v Shotts Bon Accord

The real Dembele

Went to the St Roch's v Shotts game today as a neutral, good cup tie with plenty of goals, incidents and controversy.  St Roch's were the better team for the early part of the game but Shotts took a hold of it half an hour in and domiated the rest of the half and most of the second half.

There were penalty calls both ways, the St Roch's first looked a bit soft to say the least and soon after Shotts were denied what would also have been a soft penalty but looked a foul nonetheless.

The tie hinged on a moment of extreme controversy, at 3-2 with Shotts pressing hard for an equaliser their striker broke clear and was in on goal and was clearly hauled back. The referee's view was probably obstructed as he was running in a direct line behind them but the away side linesman was right in line and refused to flag or give a decision. St Roch's broke up the park in the ensuing melee and scored.

Much different atmosphere to when I've been watching Larkhall, notable absence of any flags or banners that I had just assumed were a permanent fixture at St Roch's games and no tension or the feeling that things could kick off.  Maybe the early two goal lead had a part to play in that, I don't know.

Well done to both teams though in producing a very enjoyable game in difficult playing conditions, never pretty but full commitment from all involved.

Went to the St Roch's v Shotts game today as a neutral, good cup tie with plenty of goals, incidents and controversy.  St Roch's were the better team for the early part of the game but Shotts took a hold of it half an hour in and domiated the rest of the half and most of the second half.
There were penalty calls both ways, the St Roch's first looked a bit soft to say the least and soon after Shotts were denied what would also have been a soft penalty but looked a foul nonetheless.
The tie hinged on a moment of extreme controversy, at 3-2 with Shotts pressing hard for an equaliser their striker broke clear and was in on goal and was clearly hauled back. The referee's view was probably obstructed as he was running in a direct line behind them but the away side linesman was right in line and refused to flag or give a decision. St Roch's broke up the park in the ensuing melee and scored.
Much different atmosphere to when I've been watching Larkhall, notable absence of any flags or banners that I had just assumed were a permanent fixture at St Roch's games and no tension or the feeling that things could kick off.  Maybe the early two goal lead had a part to play in that, I don't know.
Well done to both teams though in producing a very enjoyable game in difficult playing conditions, never pretty but full commitment from all involved.
Fair assessment I thought they claimed for the keeper handling outside the box but I was in the shed behind the goal so I never saw the pull.
Shotts played well and never gave up the fight and can consider themselves unlucky but we happily go into the last 16 and await whoever we get in the next round .

Had to take the missus to Glasgow Airport so dropped in on this. Entertaining cup tie with both teams trying to pass the ball and a decent setup.  The incident mentioned above was at the far end but looked a bit dodgy to me. thought the Candy would pull away in the second half, my feeling at ht was 5-1. Credit to Shotts for staying in it. The sounds were terrific. What was that live thing they played at ht?

Had to take the missus to Glasgow Airport so dropped in on this. Entertaining cup tie with both teams trying to pass the ball and a decent setup.  The incident mentioned above was at the far end but looked a bit dodgy to me. thought the Candy would pull away in the second half, my feeling at ht was 5-1. Credit to Shotts for staying in it. The sounds were terrific. What was that live thing they played at ht?

Mon the candy recorded by the wakes [emoji106]

Or Joxer goes to stuttgart by Christy Moore

Fair assessment of the game from the neutral The Real Dembele . St Rochs fully deserved the win as they took the chances they had but you are 100% correct the game hinges on the decision made at 3 2 to St Rochs when the Shotts striker was clearly pulled back when going through on goal . Maybe the referee had his view blocked but the assistant clearly didn’t and bottled it big time . His attitude after the incident and his clear smirking and laughing to our manager when asked about it was a complete disgrace to his fellow colleagues. Well done to all at St Rochs for their hospitality and good luck for the rest of the season and the future. 

Fair assessment of the game from the neutral The Real Dembele . St Rochs fully deserved the win as they took the chances they had but you are 100% correct the game hinges on the decision made at 3 2 to St Rochs when the Shotts striker was clearly pulled back when going through on goal . Maybe the referee had his view blocked but the assistant clearly didn’t and bottled it big time . His attitude after the incident and his clear smirking and laughing to our manager when asked about it was a complete disgrace to his fellow colleagues. Well done to all at St Rochs for their hospitality and good luck for the rest of the season and the future. 

Tbh even if the linesman had flagged it he still would not have gave it .
In the first half the linesman signalled a candy corner which he saw better than the ref but ref completely ignored him .
What's the point of being an assistant to the ref if the ref is going to ignore him .
We would have been better not having linesman and saving ourselves a couple of Bob
You played well today and was a great advert for the game

TJ McCluskey was 88 in between Sweeney and McManus, i think McManus was 19 last season, i dont know why they are all changing squad numbers, i see Rab McGuire wearing 14 which was his brothers last season too 🤷🏼‍♂️
I'm wrong m8 big b wore 88 John Sweeney wore the infamous 67 but your correct as I'm sure TJ also wore 88 at one stage

TJ McCluskey was 88 in between Sweeney and McManus, i think McManus was 19 last season, i dont know why they are all changing squad numbers, i see Rab McGuire wearing 14 which was his brothers last season too 🤷🏼‍♂️
TJ had the 1st 88 as it was his kids day and month of birth. Rab was 14 during his 1st stint at the club. Darren got it went Rab went to Rob Roy but got it back when he returned.

Good game today and very good win for us asShotts are very good.

On the squad numbers 

Sweeney was 67 

TJ is 88 and still is - Anton is 3 but 88 fits him better - if TJ comes back it will alwaysbehis

Similarly Rab is number 14 - when he went to Rob Roy young Darren (his brother) wore it but gave him it back on his return

The players pick their own squad numbers -

I think 92 Is the year one of the boys girlfriends were born 

88 was cause TJ's boy was born on 8th of the 8th 

And Eddie wears 77 cause number 7 was taken when he signed 

Not sure many teams have squad numbers. It it works for us 

Archived