Kelty Hearts on the slide ?

Pampabay

41 minutes ago, naebor said:

I wouldn’t say Kelty hearts are on the slide, they are in a much stronger league than the EOS last year. I feel that the fans have underestimated the opponents rather than the management being . A lot of lowland league players like juniors super league players (pre exodus) have experience of playing professional / pro youth football but couldn’t commit to full time football for one reason or another. So the quality of players is very good.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Kelheart said:
45 minutes ago, naebor said:

I wouldn’t say Kelty hearts are on the slide, they are in a much stronger league than the EOS last year. I feel that the fans have underestimated the opponents rather than the management being . A lot of lowland league players like juniors super league players (pre exodus) have experience of playing professional / pro youth football but couldn’t commit to full time football for one reason or another. So the quality of players is very good.

Agree with this but don’t think we underestimated league just taking time to find feet and readjust with new management,always knew it wouldn’t be like old EOS , god I could’ve put a team todether to beat some of they teams being 3rd at this stage of season I’m sure most fans would’ve jumped at it and it is a well drilled organised league 

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

Agree with this but don’t think we underestimated league just taking time to find feet and readjust with new management,always knew it wouldn’t be like old EOS , god I could’ve put a team todether to beat some of they teams being 3rd at this stage of season I’m sure most fans would’ve jumped at it and it is a well drilled organised league 

The question probably been answered but just to clarify why did courts leave? I know it's a bit of a crystal ball question. Would you have been still up their had tam courts still been their

Not on the slide?

1st Sep - 6Oct  P8 W8 D0 L0 GS 32 GC 2

and top of the league on goal difference

Last 8 games played (90mins) W3 D4 L1

GS 10 GC 9  and trailing EK by 11 pts

The only thing that’s changed is the manager.

On 13/01/2019 at 20:51, Midge said:

Gogsy I’ve absolutely nothing against Kelty Hearts. Know many players past and present and most are top notch guys but I will say it as I see it. It’s a football forum not a popularity contest. You on the other hand are a complete tool, spending you’re entire life here jumping from forum to forum noising up all and sundry and I suspect the sole reason many posters are revelling in your clubs current plight.

Midge, I have no idea why Tam Courts left, he was a great player and manager and I for one was sorry to see him go. The management of Kelty worked quickly, got a new manager in and I for one was delighted. However, on reflection is it right to expect someone from Ferguson’s background to know the best players available in the Lowland league down through East of Scotland and into the juniors. Tam knew these leagues well and was well connected and as a result he built his team with a number of players from these sources. I just wonder how Barry will source such players or who is going to scout to find them.  This(at least to my mind) will be the route to success if he can firstly find then attract the best players available within the budget Kelty have bearing in mind that no club has an elastic chequebook.

2 hours ago, Midge said:

Not on the slide?

1st Sep - 6Oct  P8 W8 D0 L0 GS 32 GC 2

and top of the league on goal difference

Last 8 games played (90mins) W3 D4 L1

GS 10 GC 9  and trailing EK by 11 pts

The only thing that’s changed is the manager.

I enjoy reading all the posts on all threads & I feel there is one thing else that could explain the change in fortunes at Kelty.

Kelty stepped up into the LL as a bit of an unknown quantity, with a good reputation for sure.

I reckon that unknown quantity was to their advantage against the teams they played at the start of the season.

As the season has gone on, the other teams  have had time to better organise themself as to how to play again Kelty.

The LLis definitely has a greater number of better quality of teams who quickly learn and adapt as the season goes on.

That to me is as much a factor in the downturn in results for them as is any change in the manager.

2 hours ago, VodkaTap said:

I reckon that unknown quantity was to their advantage against the teams they played at the start of the season.

2x 2-2 draws at the start of the season against Dalbeattie and Edinburgh Uni both at home followed by 3-2 defeat at Cumbernauld ?

As the season has gone on, the other teams  have had time to better organise themself as to how to play again Kelty.

Results as the season went on are proof that it was Tam who worked out how better to set up against the opposition

That to me is as much a factor in the downturn in results for them as is any change in the manager.

Changing something that wasn’t broke and destroying team moral is the biggest factor in the downturn of results and only one person is to blame.

2 hours ago, Hertz1874 said:

They are signing or have signed a boy from Peterhead, a goalie I believe plenty money avaipable if more bodies needed? They had a 2 year plan, and at the moment that was to win EOS and then win the Lowland with a large budget.

Could be right but I’d heard interest was being shown in a young keeper from Dumfries who’d played recently in the Lowland League.

Do you just change YOUR facts to suit your argument ??
YOU were the one who quoted the stats of P8 W 8 !! Now they summat quite different !!
From the comments made by others, Tam left by his choice so of course they needed someone else !!

6 minutes ago, VodkaTap said:

Do you just change YOUR facts to suit your argument ??
YOU were the one who quoted the stats of P8 W 8 !! Now they summat quite different !!
From the comments made by others, Tam left by his choice so of course they needed someone else !!

Haven’t changed any facts. Nor am I arguing , merely putting forward my opinion and backing it up with some  more facts. Think you’ll find the 8 games I quoted were from the 1st September  to the 6th October, Tams last 8 games in charge not Keltys first games of the season. Comments made by others are their opinion and they are very much entitled to them, I have formed my own from what I’ve been told and at no time have I revealed such on this forum.

Haven’t changed any facts. Nor am I arguing , merely putting forward my opinion and backing it up with some  more facts. Think you’ll find the 8 games I quoted were from the 1st September  to the 6th October, Tams last 8 games in charge not Keltys first games of the season. Comments made by others are their opinion and they are very much entitled to them, I have formed my own from what I’ve been told and at no time have I revealed such on this forum.
Ahhhh so the records you so selectively quoted were simply designed to put the best spin on comparative managers !!
That's a typical politicians trick.
You should be heading to parliament

2 hours ago, AlansHotBath said:

Going to jump in and say Kelty are still having a good season overall for their first time up, and this thread wouldn't exist if they'd appointed someone other than Barry Ferguson when Courts left

Nailed it!

4 hours ago, VodkaTap said:

Ahhhh so the records you so selectively quoted were simply designed to put the best spin on comparative managers !!
That's a typical politicians trick.
You should be heading to parliament

Trying to work out now if you’re actually looking for an argument. The thread is titled “Kelty on the slide”.  I quoted Courts last 8 games in charge v Ferguson’s last 8 games. If I’d wanted to compare managers  it would have been a far lot easier. Courts saved them from relegation in the juniors then won 2 titles. Won the EoS league at first time of asking and left them top of the lowland division. He hasn’t 

• Been thumped 8-1 in a challenge cup match by a new company.

• Lost to lower league opposition in the Scottish cup.

• Been sent to the stands for cursing and swearing at his own fans.

• Left an ice cream man to put out cones while he played 6 a side with his mates.

If you’re not looking for an argument then assuming it’s in your vodkabulary  you should be heading to sobriety. 

4 minutes ago, Midge said:

Only because he jumped in, unaware of Wullie Newbiggings record ;)

Not sure that makes any sense?

I like your patter midge and your cone references have been good value, but you do seem to have a loathing for Mr Ferguson specifically.

Archived