Elgin v Cowden

No positives at all from that! We've endured some pish at home this season and every time I say we can't possibly play worse than that - yet again I've been proved wrong! The defence is an absolute shambles with no organisation at all. The slightest hint of pressure and it's like watching a playground after someone has just kicked a wasps nest - running around in blind panic! No viable options on the bench to change things either - how did this squad get so paper thin? Seriously worry where the next points may come from.

Cowdenbeath looked a bit stronger than earlier in the season but it is quite hard to tell how much as we've made some bang average teams look like world beaters this year. Right, where's that whisky? 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

I’d get him signed up for next season.! Superb today. Tbh the whole team played well.

Elgin were hopeless and their keeper had a nightmare.

I would imagine it would be a case of him putting himself back in the shop window and eventually wanting to get back full time glad we got him sorted out until then end of this season.

Due a result against them tbh after that loss at CP.

1 hour ago, elginer said:

Comfortable win for Cowdenbeath who are much improved with Jordan Allan outstanding. The less said about Elgin the better. Cowdenbeath were so more proactive, quicker and had  far more desire. Elgin were completely lacking in leadership on and off the park. I said some time ago we may finish near the bottom. Elgin under Price have been steadily declining since Jim Weir left. The board must seriously consider his position. If he is on a 2 year contract this could be expensive. While we are safe for this season if Price continues for next season we are heading back to the Highland league. Price continues to play the same system and players every week and it is so predictable. He moans about defensive mistakes but it seems the once a week training together is not working and the failure to organise the team properly lies entirely with the manager. Heaven help us at Hibs next week! I imagine the Elgin support there will be minimal given the present situation.

Said after 10 minutes that Elgin looked devoid of confidence. Gave the ball away cheaply too often.

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Jordan Allan could really be the difference for us in the second half of the season - some work from Bollan (I assume) to identify and get him. 4th place has to the target now. 

Have to admit I’m surprised how much we are improving throughout the season. Team is evolving and we are better than I thought we could be this season. Fair play to Bollan for this. 

For the first time this season I think we should be looking at 4 th as a target so you are spot on. 

Sure I was shot down by some on here for saying we were underachieving earlier in the season. Indeed since then we've added Deas and Allan, but the target should definitely be finishing 4th.

In saying that, according to the Berwick supporters, we'll be lucky to finish above them.

Edit - I'd still take 5th tbh.

3 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Sure I was shot down by some on here for saying we were underachieving earlier in the season. Indeed since then we've added Deas and Allan, but the target should definitely be finishing 4th.

In saying that, according to the Berwick supporters, we'll be lucky to finish above them.

Your sort of answered your own question by mentioning Deas and Allan. I would say we are a lot stronger now with them and Fraser so you could say the squad has got better as the season has gone on.

7 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Your sort of answered your own question by mentioning Deas and Allan. I would say we are a lot stronger now with them and Fraser so you could say the squad has got better as the season has gone on.

There hasn’t been a performance this season like that one today. Every time we attacked it looked like we could score, especially the second half playing against the wind/rain. Even after Elgin scored, we went straight up the park and scored again.

1 minute ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

There hasn’t been a performance this season like that one today. Every time we attacked it looked like we could score, especially the second half playing against the wind/rain. Even after Elgin scored, we went straight up the park and scored again.

Good to hear AC.

32 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

As Andy says the squad has evolved throughout the season and has been constantly improving and we are clearly now in better shape. There also a lot more positivity about the club with a financially decent cup draw for once along with some good signings.

i still don’t think we will get 4th (the last few seasons has drained the belief!) but it’s now something we have to at least aim for. 

Today was the best I’ve seen us, although if we don’t finally beat Albion in the next game it doesn’t count for much.

Great team performance today with no failures, the centre half pairing of Deas & Pyper is what I've been asking  for some over the past months & didn't disappoint. Gary Fraser in the middle getting better game bay game and great performance today as with Miller who did well as stand in skipper. Renton & Cox  worked hard throughout  taking their goals well but Jordan Allan simply sublime. We attacked with real pace and intensity & times and a real step forward, if we can maintain & build on that top 4 is a realistic goal, considering we were missing Talbot, & with Malcolm & Muirhead the bench too.

Great day thank to @Cowden_T.I.D for driving and gret company fron Greig & @big al

Now a quiet wee beer beckons

4 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

Great team performance today with no failures, the centre half pairing of Deas & Pyper is what I've been asking  for some over the past months & didn't disappoint. Gary Fraser in the middle getting better game bay game and great performance today as with Miller who did well as stand in skipper. Renton & Cox  worked hard throughout  taking their goals well but Jordan Allan simply sublime. We attacked with real pace and intensity & times and a real step forward, if we can maintain & build on that top 4 is a realistic goal, considering we were missing Talbot, & with Malcolm & Muirhead the bench too.

Great day thank to @Cowden_T.I.D for driving and gret company fron Greig & @big al

Now a quiet wee beer beckons

Great company from Greg? He was snoring in the back!

Archived