Elgin v Cowden

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played really well today and some superb finishing.

Jordyn Allan was exceptional, best player on the park.

Team was missing Marsh and Talbot and a decent bench aswell.

played with a fair bit of pace and intensity, working hard from the front to close down then dangerous and fairly direct on the ball, which is working better now as we have some more pace and mobility in the team.

well done to everyone 

4 minutes ago, big al said:

Happy with a replay to be honest mate

I was more meaning that you should always be hoping for a win even though the odds are well against you. As the old saying goes if you accept 2nd best you will be 2nd best.

3 minutes ago, big al said:

Played really well today and some superb finishing.

Jordyn Allan was exceptional, best player on the park.

Team was missing Marsh and Talbot and a decent bench aswell.

played with a fair bit of pace and intensity, working hard from the front to close down then dangerous and fairly direct on the ball, which is working better now as we have some more pace and mobility in the team.

well done to everyone 

Allan does look a player can understand why Wolves took a punt on him when he was young.

Jordan Allan could really be the difference for us in the second half of the season - some work from Bollan (I assume) to identify and get him. 4th place has to the target now. 

Definitely a good piece of business. He could play at a higher level. Hopefully with us in the not too distant future.

Comfortable win for Cowdenbeath who are much improved with Jordan Allan outstanding. The less said about Elgin the better. Cowdenbeath were so more proactive, quicker and had  far more desire. Elgin were completely lacking in leadership on and off the park. I said some time ago we may finish near the bottom. Elgin under Price have been steadily declining since Jim Weir left. The board must seriously consider his position. If he is on a 2 year contract this could be expensive. While we are safe for this season if Price continues for next season we are heading back to the Highland league. Price continues to play the same system and players every week and it is so predictable. He moans about defensive mistakes but it seems the once a week training together is not working and the failure to organise the team properly lies entirely with the manager. Heaven help us at Hibs next week! I imagine the Elgin support there will be minimal given the present situation.

Archived