Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Baxter's Nutmeg

LL Relegation

Recommended Posts

To get back on topic, is anyone party to any further information on this? Has there actually been a rule change called for by any clubs to the league?

Edited by Baxter's Nutmeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

To get back on topic, is anyone party to any further information on this? Has there actually been a rule changed called for by any clubs to the league?

No sure where they get their info,seen this on the eos thread and found it interesting  ?

20190123_130213.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

No sure where they get their info,seen this on the eos thread and found it interesting  ?

20190123_130213.jpg

Cheers Newky, so basically no new news?

Edited by Baxter's Nutmeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

Cheers Newky, so basically no new news?

Aye all heresay I think as is wi a lot o them threads.  I'm sure we'll hear one way or another when they're ready,preferably sooner than later though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

No sure where they get their info,seen this on the eos thread and found it interesting  ?

20190123_130213.jpg

Can confirm that Civil Service were the club that put the idea forward for LL2 with many clubs in favour. 

However, they'll likely be a restructure outwith the leagues control at the end of the season. 

My only expectation is they'll be a new West of Scotland league (West Juniors) that will become a part of the pyramid. 

Hows it all going to work? Nothings been decided, as far as I'm aware. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, RampantFM said:

Can confirm that Civil Service were the club that put the idea forward for LL2 with many clubs in favour. 

However, they'll likely be a restructure outwith the leagues control at the end of the season. 

My only expectation is they'll be a new West of Scotland league (West Juniors) that will become a part of the pyramid. 

Hows it all going to work? Nothings been decided, as far as I'm aware. 

There may or may not be a restructure at the end of the saeason.

The LL could move fairly quickly on this and get it in place, assuming they know what they want to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RampantFM said:

 

Can confirm that Civil Service were the club that put the idea forward for LL2 with many clubs in favour. 

However, they'll likely be a restructure outwith the leagues control at the end of the season. 

My only expectation is they'll be a new West of Scotland league (West Juniors) that will become a part of the pyramid. 

Hows it all going to work? Nothings been decided, as far as I'm aware. 

Thanks for that I hope the conspiracy theorists that thought it was all ww pushing for it to avoid relegation  are eating humble pie  :thumsup2

Who knows what the future holds :rolleyes:

Edited by newcastle broon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

There may or may not be a restructure at the end of the saeason.

The LL could move fairly quickly on this and get it in place, assuming they know what they want to do.

Agreed, bud. 

Seems to be a lot of East v West stuff from the old juniors, but in reality I think a lot of West teams would be happy to stay in their bubble of playing each other every week, but if others have the ambition and want to go senior then I think they will all jump, like East juniors start of this season. 

The possibly of a West of Scotland is certainly high from what I've heard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Presumably the original idea of the lowland league was to produce a league of the best non league clubs in Scotland south of the Tay.
If that is still the ethos and the eos is finally really up and running, the juniors in theory onboard.
Then any dross that exists in said league should entirely in line with the ethos make it's way to it's appropriate level.
A closed shop jobs for the boys policy makes a mockery of this.

The league has went from 12 teams from Sputh of Scotland, EoS and East juniors, to 14 teams and to 16 teams since it was founded in 2013. 

That doesn't sound like a closed shop to me. 

I mentioned the West juniors in an earlier post, if they don't want to be involved then I don't think the SFA or Lowland league can do much about it, and if that has changed. why accommodate them of the bat fpr the likes of an EoS or SoS team that has won the right to be in the league via promotion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

No sure where they get their info,seen this on the eos thread and found it interesting  ?

20190123_130213.jpg

Civil Service Strollers announced the formation of the Working Group back in October

Then this follow up happened, don't know if it is lifted from Lowland or EoS minutes:

On 13/01/2019 at 14:11, Burnie_man said:

From the LL board meeting last week

"Lowland League 2:  The Board agreed to form a SLFL Planning Working Group of three to consider a plan for the Lowland League which will include the proposal to create a second division. This working group will be chaired by a Board member and contain one person elected by member clubs and an independent person appointed by the Board. This working group will be discussed at next month’s General Meeting."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Civil Service Strollers announced the formation of the Working Group back in October

Then this follow up happened, don't know if it is lifted from Lowland or EoS minutes:

 

That's great thanks,it's just  wi the hundreds of activity and speculation  on the various pyramid threads on the go and the amount of guessing going on,Im presuming Baxter was as as bemused as myself :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So LL have changed the rules midway through the season, Selkirk now considered the bottom club so the only way WW or Dalbeattie are relegated is if Albion Rovers are beaten by a HL club in the play-off.

A lesson in self-preservation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

So LL have changed the rules midway through the season, Selkirk now considered the bottom club so the only way WW or Dalbeattie are relegated is if Albion Rovers are beaten by a HL club in the play-off.

A lesson in self-preservation.

Where did you find this out? It's the decision I felt that should have happened at the time looking at the rule, but its a farce to have done this now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Where did you find this out? It's the decision I felt that should have happened at the time looking at the rule, but its a farce to have done this now.
Told it was mentioned at the EoS meeting during the week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbf - alters nothing, practically-speaking, unless you think they wouldn't have re-elected WW or Dalbeattie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HibeeJibee said:

Tbf - alters nothing, practically-speaking, unless you think they wouldn't have re-elected WW or Dalbeattie.

I felt that if there was a decent gap between 14th and 15th they may opt for an applicant from elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

So LL have changed the rules midway through the season, Selkirk now considered the bottom club so the only way WW or Dalbeattie are relegated is if Albion Rovers are beaten by a HL club in the play-off.

A lesson in self-preservation.

Hiya pal it's been a while :bairn

Bet yer screaming for the HFL club now  eh :ass

Still got to get past those pesky floodlights  though :whistle

 

20190209_190921.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Hiya pal it's been a while :bairn

Bet yer screaming for the HFL club now  eh :ass

Still got to get past those pesky floodlights  though :whistle

 

20190209_190921.jpg

Mon the Cove :jerry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Tbf - alters nothing, practically-speaking, unless you think they wouldn't have re-elected WW or Dalbeattie.

I would have liked to think that they would have maybe done the right thing if the likes of Linlithgow or Bonnyrigg had been the ones applying, rather than do what they criticise the SPFL for doing and not opening up enough.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really just meaning that if the sentiment of clubs has been to adjust/correct the rule now, they'd most likely have voted to re-elect in May had it not been adjusted/corrected, so it's largely academic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...