• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

22 minutes ago, jaggywaggy said:

Has it - which part of the minutes?

16 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
44 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:
It's changed since if you go wi Burnieman s minutes on the EOS thread. 

It's not in those minutes?

Screenshot_20190215-141724_Samsung Internet.jpg

3 hours ago, honestman54 said:

Why dont they just use the existing/developing  Pyramid for teams to enter and not invite applications?

I suspect that in the end vote wise that’s pretty much what will happen. 

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Aye that was me commenting on a screenshot somebody shared!

So it's more speculation then. Apols I've picked you up wrong. You ve got yer finger in that many pies on that many threads I canny keep up :lol:

So it's more speculation then. Apols I've picked you up wrong. You ve got yer finger in that many pies on that many threads I canny keep up 
Lol it may come as a shock but I don't know everything

2 hours ago, jaggywaggy said:

I might have picked this up wrong from a recent EOS meeting - but Whitehill are effectively safe from relegation as Selkirk are considered to be the bottom club.

There is still a scenario where Whitehill could get relegated, however, and that is where say Albion Rover played Cove Rangers in the Playoff - and Cove won. Albion Rovers would be relegated to LL and Whitehill to EOS.  In the event that none of the playoff winners from EOS were licensed then applications would be needed to fill the space.  Hence the advert now.

I think.

That may well be the case. The Lowland League still need applications in case there is no licensed Tier 6 champion or if the SPFL Playoff involves a second relegation.

At this particular moment in time the only club with a license before March 31st that is contending for a Tier 6 championship is Linlithgow Rose.

So starting to ask for applications now will save them scrambling around in May.

Clearly you couldn't wait until all scenarios were clear as that may not be until Saturday 18th May when the playoff final 2nd legs happen. Not enough time to organise an application process.

An argument could be made that gaps should be filled with the next highest placed licensed club rather than by application.

However you've got 2 immediate problems: what if the next 2 both finished (say) 3rd in EOSL & SOSL respectively - or even if its clear-cut, what if they objected to being unexpectedly promoted from mid-table?

EDIT:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/lowland-league-membership-application-update/?rid=13929

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 13:31, jaggywaggy said:

I might have picked this up wrong from a recent EOS meeting - but Whitehill are effectively safe from relegation as Selkirk are considered to be the bottom club.

There is still a scenario where Whitehill could get relegated, however, and that is where say Albion Rover played Cove Rangers in the Playoff - and Cove won. Albion Rovers would be relegated to LL and Whitehill to EOS.  In the event that none of the playoff winners from EOS were licensed then applications would be needed to fill the space.  Hence the advert now.

I think.

From what I heard this afternoon - SFA wouldn't endorse such a rule change at this stage of the season, as it would materially effect what people thought they were playing for.

As outlined it may be academic, but as you were afoot LL, or alternatively:

this-is-not-a-drill-fire-alarm-emergency

Edited by HibeeJibee

On 15/02/2019 at 15:51, FairWeatherFan said:

That may well be the case. The Lowland League still need applications in case there is no licensed Tier 6 champion or if the SPFL Playoff involves a second relegation.

At this particular moment in time the only club with a license before March 31st that is contending for a Tier 6 championship is Linlithgow Rose.

So starting to ask for applications now will save them scrambling around in May.

At last, somebody talking sense! 

The Sunday Mail last week reported that Vale of Leithen were just happy that their LL status was secure for another year.

Does this mean that 14th is now definitely safe? What if Cove went up and Albion went down?

Apologies, I’m not quite up to speed, I thought 14th as things stood could still go down? 

Ps - I fully accept that Dalbeattie are almost certain to finish below VOL but just for sake of absolutely certainty re relegation spots I wanted to know the definitive position.

Edited by Bundesliga Boy

10 minutes ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

The Sunday Mail last week reported that Vale of Leithen were just happy that their LL status was secure for another year.

Does this mean that 14th is now definitely safe? What if Cove went up and Albion went down?

Apologies, I’m not quite up to speed, I thought 14th as things stood could still go down? 

VOL could technically still finish 15th/bottom so I wouldn't read too much into that report, though a win at the weekend would mean they are safe from automatic relegation/15th.

Edited by Ginaro

5 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

VOL could technically still finish 15th/bottom so I wouldn't read too much into that report, though a win at the weekend would mean they are safe from automatic relegation/15th.

Excellent point, hadn’t even considered that VOL could actually still finish bottom (15th) 

Edited by Bundesliga Boy