LL Relegation

Baxter's Nutmeg

The Sunday Mail last week reported that Vale of Leithen were just happy that their LL status was secure for another year.

Does this mean that 14th is now definitely safe? What if Cove went up and Albion went down?

Apologies, I’m not quite up to speed, I thought 14th as things stood could still go down? 

Ps - I fully accept that Dalbeattie are almost certain to finish below VOL but just for sake of absolutely certainty re relegation spots I wanted to know the definitive position.

Edited by Bundesliga Boy

10 minutes ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

The Sunday Mail last week reported that Vale of Leithen were just happy that their LL status was secure for another year.

Does this mean that 14th is now definitely safe? What if Cove went up and Albion went down?

Apologies, I’m not quite up to speed, I thought 14th as things stood could still go down? 

VOL could technically still finish 15th/bottom so I wouldn't read too much into that report, though a win at the weekend would mean they are safe from automatic relegation/15th.

Edited by Ginaro

5 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

VOL could technically still finish 15th/bottom so I wouldn't read too much into that report, though a win at the weekend would mean they are safe from automatic relegation/15th.

Excellent point, hadn’t even considered that VOL could actually still finish bottom (15th) 

Edited by Bundesliga Boy

• 1 month later...
On 16/02/2019 at 13:30, HibeeJibee said:

Clearly you couldn't wait until all scenarios were clear as that may not be until Saturday 18th May when the playoff final 2nd legs happen. Not enough time to organise an application process.

An argument could be made that gaps should be filled with the next highest placed licensed club rather than by application.

However you've got 2 immediate problems: what if the next 2 both finished (say) 3rd in EOSL & SOSL respectively - or even if its clear-cut, what if they objected to being unexpectedly promoted from mid-table?

EDIT:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/lowland-league-membership-application-update/?rid=13929

From what I heard this afternoon - SFA wouldn't endorse such a rule change at this stage of the season, as it would materially effect what people thought they were playing for.

As outlined it may be academic, but as you were afoot LL, or alternatively:

this-is-not-a-drill-fire-alarm-emergency

I read on the link above that "Please note, in the event a club is relegated from the SLFL that club will be allowed to apply for any vacant position provided it submits an application within 48 hours of its position being confirmed. Any such application will be evaluated competitively against other applicants."  Does this mean that if say Berwick or Albion Rovers were relegated from League 2 then they are not automatically guaranteed a place in the Lowland League as their application will be evaluated competitively against the rest?

24 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

I read on the link above that "Please note, in the event a club is relegated from the SLFL that club will be allowed to apply for any vacant position provided it submits an application within 48 hours of its position being confirmed. Any such application will be evaluated competitively against other applicants."  Does this mean that if say Berwick or Albion Rovers were relegated from League 2 then they are not automatically guaranteed a place in the Lowland League as their application will be evaluated competitively against the rest?

I'm sure this has been answered before, but the bit in bold makes it clear this applies to clubs in the SLFL...

10 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

I'm sure this has been answered before, but the bit in bold makes it clear this applies to clubs in the SLFL...

Of course it applies to SPFL clubs as they are the only ones who would be relegated to the Lowland League.    But Ginaro my question is that this quote is  from the Lowland League membership application update so its clear to me  thats its about SPFL clubs who are relegated and are looking to enter the Lowland league.  Thgis seems to suggest that there is no automatic right for them to come into the Lowland League.  

4 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

Of course it applies to SPFL clubs as they are the only ones who would be relegated to the Lowland League.    But Ginaro my question is that this quote is  from the Lowland League membership application update so its clear to me  thats its about SPFL clubs who are relegated and are looking to enter the Lowland league.  Thgis seems to suggest that there is no automatic right for them to come into the Lowland League.  

It only applies to those clubs that finish either bottom or second bottom of the SLFL as those are the only clubs that can be relegated FROM the SLFL.

The membership application has nothing to do with SPFL42 as they are covered by the Pyramid Play-off Rules which guarantees them a spot in either the Highland League or Lowland League.

5 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It only applies to those clubs that finish either bottom or second bottom of the SLFL as those are the only clubs that can be relegated FROM the SLFL.

The membership application has nothing to do with SPFL42 as they are covered by the Pyramid Play-off Rules which guarantees them a spot in either the Highland League or Lowland League.

Thank you.  It just reads badly then imo

4 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

It says "in the event a club is relegated from the SLFL" - Berwick or Albion Rovers are not currently in the Lowland League (SLFL), so none of the rest of the text applies to them.

The Deadline has now elapsed for membership meaning only Linlithgow ( licensed) could come up 

As the board seem so entrenched in abiding by rules and wording that means probably no promotion ?

thoughts ?

The Deadline has now elapsed for membership meaning only Linlithgow ( licensed) could come up 
As the board seem so entrenched in abiding by rules and wording that means probably no promotion ?

thoughts ?
Linlithgow will be in the LL next season, via promotion or application for selkirk's position.

Thank you.  It just reads badly then imo
It doesn't "read badly" at all. It clearly states that it refers to clubs relegated from the Lowland League, and makes absolutely no mention of the SPFL.

It's hard to see how anyone could possibly read that and think that it has anything to do with relegation from the SPFL.

25 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:
42 minutes ago, Golum said:

thoughts ?

Linlithgow will be in the LL next season, via promotion or application for selkirk's position.

Not necessarily, if Cove Rangers win promotion and either Albion Rovers or Berwick Rangers need to be accomodated in the LL next season.

19 hours ago, Ginaro said:

That part applies to clubs who are relegated from the LL. That could be both 14th and 15th places this season, if a club gets relegated from the SPFL and is replaced by the Highland League champion, because Selkirk's games were expunged and are no longer part of the table.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

This is where the SFA/Maxwell don’t understand the non-league game, word is that Maxwell was not aware of the 31st March LL deadline.  I’d like to think the LL will amend the deadline based on whenever the SFA make a decision on Licence applications.