LL Relegation

Baxter's Nutmeg

13 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

I did hear last summer that the Colts had failed on many of their promises and that NLL weren’t willing to extend their lease beyond this summer. I’m sure I’ve also heard whispers that the setup will move out to Guys Meadow?? No sure. 

Once the Colts are out then I’ll be hiring a cherry picker and putting my IPAF certificate to good use and pull that Colts crest down from the building and rip that “home of the Colts” sign off at the scoreboard. It can then be an auction prize at their next fundraising event, maybe they’ll get a few quid for it. 

5 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Just reading elsewhere that Cumbernauld Colts might be leaving Broadwood, with the poster suggesting Guy's Meadow as a destination. No matter where they go, surely it needs to be LL compliant in terms of their Licence?

Interesting to note that it was brought up at the Clyde agm.  

Have they actually informed the LL about their intentions  ? 

Is Guys Meadow up to licensing standard  ? 

26 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Interesting to note that it was brought up at the Clyde agm.  

Have they actually informed the LL about their intentions  ? 

Is Guys Meadow up to licensing standard  ? 

No idea / no (in that it does not have lights iirc). Decent enough place to watch a game though, plenty of cover.

Edited by cmontheloknow

No idea / no (in that it does not have lights iirc). Decent enough place to watch a game though, plenty of cover.
To add to this Kirkintilloch Rob Roy will be groundsharing there again next season so even if it was licensed a three way groundshare would be a nightmare to sort.

27 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

...Is Guys Meadow up to licensing standard  ? 

No lights and both Cumbernauld United and Kirkintilloch Rob Roy already play there, but they could also do something like BSC Glasgow and Edusport do by arranging a groundshare with an SPFL club with an artificial surface for their first team and keep their licence that way.

2 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:
3 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

To add to this Kirkintilloch Rob Roy will be groundsharing there again next season so even if it was licensed a three way groundshare would be a nightmare to sort.

Clearly a three-way groundshare at a venue without floodlights is impossible, unless someone played Sundays afternoons.

Not to mention the tremendous wear on a grass park. Even with 2 clubs and a mild winter 7 games were off this season.