LL Relegation

Baxter's Nutmeg

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Not aware of a mid-season going bust scenario happening in the spfl/spl/sfl.

Gretna and livi(demotion for 2nd admin) it resulted in both play-off finalists staying/going up. 10th were still relegated

When rangers went 2nd placed Dundee got promoted, pars were still relegated.

Teams completed the season, in those cases and Dunfermline finished bottom of a full league. Not as if they were 2nd bottom and relegated, as the Whitehill situation would be if we had all 16 teams we started with. 

32 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Still does nae make it right though,as the lads stated the SPFL would nae have that. Are we no all under the same governing body  ? I'm only accepting relegation if Cove go up Maybe a court case is the direction to go :thumsup2

Just accept the inevitable Broony, you're coming to Blackburn next season afterall  :thumsup2

31 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Aye I'm sure Dalbeattie Star are pissing themselves laughing at this point. No many fans o theirs come on here to defend themselves though!!

At least they aren't constantly complaining about the Highland League and now the the SPFL. Blame Selkirk for starting the season know they were financially screwed, blame the LL clubs for wating until the new year to challenge the LL Board's interpretation of the relegation rules.

Teams completed the season, in those cases and Dunfermline finished bottom of a full league. Not as if they were 2nd bottom and relegated, as the Whitehill situation would be if we had all 16 teams we started with. 

It does change things. Just pointing out the national leagues hasn't always given reprieves, they have in the past on occasion gone with promoting more sides(which in effect is what will happen if say Linlithgow come up with EoS champions)

Mid-season(and especially early season) withdrawals are a total nightmare, which is why the spfl have fought like f**k to avoid when these scenarios have come up.

At this level however it's virtually impossible to get teams to fulfil their fixtures when the shit hits the fan. The spl lost hundreds of thousands keeping Gretna alive long enough. No way could the LL have done anything of the sort.

27 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

At least they aren't constantly complaining about the Highland League and now the the SPFL. Blame Selkirk for starting the season know they were financially screwed, blame the LL clubs for wating until the new year to challenge the LL Board's interpretation of the relegation rules.

And you know all this because.........

Hmm a member of the board :rolleyes:

20 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

And you know all this because.........

Hmm a member of the board :rolleyes:

I'm basing it on the statement by the Lowland League from September:

http://slfl.co.uk/selkirks-resignation-what-happens-next/#more-11526

Which says it was the LL Board that made the decision to intrerpret the rules one way rather than a league wide vote on how to handle the Selkirk situation.

Followed up in the new year around all the gossip on here around a rule change in the new year. With I believe HibeeJibee saying that the SFA wouldn't allow it because it was too late in the season.

58 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Aye I'm sure Dalbeattie Star are pissing themselves laughing at this point. No many fans o theirs come on here to defend themselves though!!

Pissing themselves with that much laughter that next week's game will be called off due to a flooded pitch!!!!!!!

What's to defend?  Can The Star still not get voted out of the LL if the play-off results go the wrong way??????

In my slightly outsider opinion, only watch The Star if I can't get to the QOS game, the whole Selkirk situation has been badly handled, were the LL clubs opinion asked for or was it the suits and blazers that made the decision?  If Star can still be voted out what's the chances?  Well established club that meet all the critearia. Staying down here its a bit remote and out of the way, Dalbeattie in terms of budget, potential and player attraction will never be the best, do clubs really want to come down here on a Wednesday night or a cold winters day?  Personally I fear  a vote to keep the Star in the LL?????

20 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

...Followed up in the new year around all the gossip on here around a rule change in the new year. With I believe HibeeJibee saying that the SFA wouldn't allow it because it was too late in the season.

There was a poster on the Tony Kempster forum who claimed that the SFA ruled against the rule change after an appeal from an unknown party.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I'm basing it on the statement by the Lowland League from September:

http://slfl.co.uk/selkirks-resignation-what-happens-next/#more-11526

Which says it was the LL Board that made the decision to intrerpret the rules one way rather than a league wide vote on how to handle the Selkirk situation.

Followed up in the new year around all the gossip on here around a rule change in the new year. With I believe HibeeJibee saying that the SFA wouldn't allow it because it was too late in the season.

Yer last post was all aboot criticising ww though. 

I'm only a fan who has nothing to do wi the running of the club so ye must've got yer info from somewhere. 

Theres a good chance if they are EOS next season they'll go doon again going by the competition, do you no think I have a right on here to fight their corner.

Edited by newcastle broon

13 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Yer last post was all aboot criticising ww though. 

I'm only a fan who has nothing to do wi the running of the club so ye must've got yer info from somewhere. 

Theres a good chance if they are EOS next season they'll go doon again going by the competition, do you no think I have a right on here to fight their corner.

I wasn't criticising Whitehill Welfare, I never even mentioned them at all. I was talking about your whataboutery with the Highland League and now using the SPFL as well. I said you should blame Selkirk and the LL clubs who all collectively voted to change the rule in 2019 which turned out to be too late for the SFA.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I wasn't criticising Whitehill Welfare, I never even mentioned them at all. I was talking about your whataboutery with the Highland League and now using the SPFL as well. I said you should blame Selkirk and the LL clubs who all collectively voted to change the rule in 2019 which turned out to be too late for the SFA.

Ah right like I say I am just a normal fan sticking up for my team. Right or wrong we all have opinions :thumsup2

13 hours ago, PELE said:

Whitehill shouldn't be relegated. When Selkirk ceased to exist, that should have accounted for the bottom spot. That's what happens in four senior leagues.

Its certainly unfortunate.

Apparently: (1) a club resigning ceases to be a member of the league, but (2) the rules currently say the club finishing 'bottom' of the league - not '16th' - is relegated.

New wording was voted on, in February (IIRC), but wasn't then granted the necessary approval.

14 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Ah right like I say I am just a normal fan sticking up for my team. Right or wrong we all have opinions :thumsup2

We're of the same opinion. I've always been of the personal opinion that Selkirk having started the season should be classed as the bottom club.  I thought whoever finished 15th should be voted back in unless the scenario happened where the would of been relegated by the SPFL playoff. The fact the Lowland League voted to change the rule eventually suggests there's the possibility that could still happen.

Now at the end of things though with Whitehill Welfare having a poor season I think they might have a split opinion between what candidate to take.

I love WW but you can’t help thinking if it was Dalbeattie and Vale of Leithen marooned to the bottom, there wouldn’t be the same scramble to tinker with the rules...

Tough one as WW has been a very good member for years... but so have DS, VoL and you could even say Selkirk in years gone by

3 minutes ago, Spyro said:

I love WW but you can’t help thinking if it was Dalbeattie and Vale of Leithen marooned to the bottom, there wouldn’t be the same scramble to tinker with the rules...

Tough one as WW has been a very good member for years... but so have DS, VoL and you could even say Selkirk in years gone by

I think there would of been the same moves made. Keep in mind the Lowland League never really pushed Selkirk too hard.

4 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Wheres the scramble  ?

It's only a fans forum  ?

5 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Wheres the scramble  ?

It's only a fans forum  ?

Mid-season rule changes to make sure the 15th team aren’t automatically relegated...

That’s no defence of Selkirk btw, they are the ones who have ballsed this up and caused the problem.