LL Relegation

Baxter's Nutmeg

2 hours ago, surely not! said:

Btw, if the clusterfuck that is the east junior super league joining at tier 6, I’d 100% be wanting into that if I was whitehill. Only 9 sides and some are bang average- best chance of getting into play offs

Have you seen Whitehill.....

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The end to a miserable season for WW  

Given the off field turmoil and player turnover its no surprise to anyone that its official now

Good luck to the club and all those who have tried to keep the club going on and off the pitch for the future  in what ever league they end up in

• 3 weeks later...

Probably been said many times already, but why aren't the three EoS league winners simply promoted to the Lowland League and make it 18 teams. At least on this occasion anyway.

7 minutes ago, PELE said:

Probably been said many times already, but why aren't the three EoS league winners simply promoted to the Lowland League and make it 18 teams. At least on this occasion anyway.

Daft thing is the league is doon to 14 teams now and the powers that be keep delaying the dates (licensing) on the 3 teams in contention to come up. They're making a right dugs dinner of the licensing situation  ?

2 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Daft thing is the league is doon to 14 teams now and the powers that be keep delaying the dates (licensing) on the 3 teams in contention to come up. They're making a right dugs dinner of the licensing situation  ?

Small leagues are terrible, especially in four main leagues. Why 14? Is one of the teams quoting the Lowland League?

2 minutes ago, gogsy said:

34 league games +Scottish/South challenge/league/either EOS/SOS cups plus top teams playing in SPFL League and Challenge cups. Maybe we could add eight Lowland league  teams to SPFL 2 and make it an eighteen team league;)

Ok by me. I hate the ten team leagues.

7 minutes ago, PELE said:

Small leagues are terrible, especially in four main leagues. Why 14? Is one of the teams quoting the Lowland League?

Season started wi 16. Selkirk folded ww then become bottom club get relegated = 14. Could be down to 13 if Cove win the play off I believe but Albion or Berwick would bring it back to 14.

10 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Season started wi 16. Selkirk folded ww then become bottom club get relegated = 14. Could be down to 13 if Cove win the play off I believe but Albion or Berwick would bring it back to 14.

Aye but it would be back up to 16 with the EOSL champion if licensed and an other of the licensed clubs who I would take a stab at being Preston.

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye but it would be back up to 16 with the EOSL champion if licensed and an other of the licensed clubs who I would take a stab at being Preston.

Of course, I will see your Preston and raise you Linlithgow Rose though  ? 

They really are making such an arse of the licensing situation though having clubs including my own hanging on. 

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

Of course, I will see your Preston and raise you Linlithgow Rose though  ? 

They really are making such an arse of the licensing situation though having clubs including my own hanging on. 

I just have a hunch about Preston. Have Lithge even applied for the wildcard?

37 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Whitehill shouldn't be relegated. When Selkirk ceased to exist, that should have accounted for the bottom spot. That's what happens in four senior leagues.

1 minute ago, PELE said:

Whitehill shouldn't be relegated. When Selkirk ceased to exist, that should have accounted for the bottom spot. That's what happens in four senior leagues.

I thought that as well, only way ww should've been relegated was if Cove won the play off but got slated on some of the threads. 

4 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

I thought that as well, only way ww should've been relegated was if Cove won the play off but got slated on some of the threads. 

I would say your right with Selkirk going tits up that should have accounted for the relegation spot as Pele mentioned that's what would have happened in the SPFL.

9 hours ago, PELE said:

9 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I would say your right with Selkirk going tits up that should have accounted for the relegation spot as Pele mentioned that's what would have happened in the SPFL.

I hope the powers that be read this forum and take this into consideration. I very much doubt it though. 

10 hours ago, PELE said:

Seems perfectly logical. It's what would happen in any league anywhere. If Dundee went into liquidation today, would StMirren be in the relegation position and Hamilton, the play offs? 

16 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

I hope the powers that be read this forum and take this into consideration. I very much doubt it though. 

You already know that the Lowland League tried to change the rule to account for Selkirk being the bottom club, and were told no as they left it until too late into the season. Maybe if people kicked up more of a fuss back in September when the Lowland League announced they were sticking with their rule book intrepretation, things would be different.

20 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

You already know that the Lowland League tried to change the rule to account for Selkirk being the bottom club, and were told no as they left it until too late into the season. Maybe if people kicked up more of a fuss back in September when the Lowland League announced they were sticking with their rule book intrepretation, things would be different.

Still does nae make it right though,as the lads stated the SPFL would nae have that. Are we no all under the same governing body  ? I'm only accepting relegation if Cove go up Maybe a court case is the direction to go :thumsup2

Not aware of a mid-season going bust scenario happening in the spfl/spl/sfl.

Gretna and livi(demotion for 2nd admin) it resulted in both play-off finalists staying/going up. 10th were still relegated

When rangers went 2nd placed Dundee got promoted, pars were still relegated.

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

Still does nae make it right though,as the lads stated the SPFL would nae have that. Are we no all under the same governing body  ? I'm only accepting relegation if Cove go up Maybe a court case is the direction to go :thumsup2

SLFL and SPFL I can see the confusion :lol:

Archived