LL Relegation

Baxter's Nutmeg

3 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

I couldn't care less if it was WW or Dalbeattie who finished bottom,   I want the LL to treat applications for the vacancy on merit, not an auld pals act. That's all.

Got to disagree don't think Linlithgow should be getting it there's no merit for that to send Whitehill down. Only way Whitehill should go down is if cover go up and Berwick or albion come down

Got to disagree don't think Linlithgow should be getting it there's no merit for that to send Whitehill down. Only way Whitehill should go down is if cover go up and Berwick or albion come down
You need to understand what the LL are looking for in the applications. All applications should be treated equally and on merit with the best candidate getting the nod.

Who that is remains to be seen.

In any league, the bottom club should go down.

The clubs have met all the deadlines.  It's the SFA who have messed up.  I hope they don't punish the EoS clubs for this.  Would be farcical if clubs moved to EoS from juniors to get licensed and try to get promoted to LL (although obviously not all clubs had this as a realistic aim) and then they were denied promotion because the SFA didn't get round to giving out licences.

9 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

I couldn't care less if it was WW or Dalbeattie who finished bottom,   I want the LL to treat applications for the vacancy on merit, not an auld pals act. That's all.

Aye sound pal, you treat the lowland league with contempt from it's inaugural season, and now 4 seasons in everyone has to jump to your tune, if Whitehill have built up a relationship with fellow founder remembers of the lowland league so be it, but you crying what's right and what's wrong and the lowland league should be doing this,that or other is amusing to say the least

2 minutes ago, magoo said:

Aye sound pal, you treat the lowland league with contempt from it's inaugural season, and now 4 seasons in everyone has to jump to your tune, if Whitehill have built up a relationship with fellow founder remembers of the lowland league so be it, but you crying what's right and what's wrong and the lowland league should be doing this,that or other is amusing to say the least

I very much doubt anyone jumps to my tune magoo,  just posting an opinion and I don't think an auld pals act to save someone from relegation would reflect well don't you agree? not that I think it will happen.

Still, as long as it cheered you up.

9 hours ago, Golum said:

True , 

Just the best example of ,

no ground 

no fans 

no success no plans etc 

Hopefully all this will be cleared up sooner rather than later as teams need to plan  for the future 

As for Welfare not sure how they are meant to build for the future without knowing what league they will be in or not ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,same for EOS winners 

How is this different to any club who are fighting for promotion or to avoid relegation?

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:

How is this different to any club who are fighting for promotion or to avoid relegation?

In any other league a team would know what the options were already 

18 minutes ago, Golum said:

In any other league a team would know what the options were already 

The teams in this league know what the options are too. At the start of the season the Lowland League clubs knew that only a finish of 14th or above guaranteed their safety, and the clubs in the East of Scotland League knew that only winning their conference would give them a chance of promotion.

Selkirk's resignation (which was way back in August) changed that slightly since it meant (under the Lowland League rules) that the club finishing 14th could be in danger, and that there would be an election for the extra vacancy.

Edited by craigkillie

10 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

I very much doubt anyone jumps to my tune magoo,  just posting an opinion and I don't think an auld pals act to save someone from relegation would reflect well don't you agree? not that I think it will happen.

Still, as long as it cheered you up.

You seem obsessed by this "auld pals act" any chance you could elaborate a bit further.

19 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Based on the criteria the application process asks for,  Fair way to do it, no?

19 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Not seen it but I believe it is quite detailed and covers stuff like facilities, average attendances,  on field success, future plans etc.

One minute your ranting aboot the application criteria next minute you haven't even a clue What s in  it yet you do seem to come over all high and mighty over the various forums  :blink:

What will be will be bud just let the officials get on wi it. 

Edited by newcastle broon

23 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

You seem obsessed by this "auld pals act" any chance you could elaborate a bit further.

One minute your ranting aboot the application criteria next minute you haven't even a clue What s in  it yet you do seem to come over all high and mighty over the various forums  :blink:

What will be will be bud just let the officials get on wi it. 

You seem obsessed by me again Broony :lol:   I wasn't the one who raised the possibility of the LL looking after one of their own if it came down to a vote of member clubs.  I'm sure the LL board are more professional than that.

As for the application criteria, what I posted is fairly accurate as I have now seen the form. May the best applicant win.

40 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You seem obsessed by me again Broony :lol:   I wasn't the one who raised the possibility of the LL looking after one of their own if it came down to a vote of member clubs.  I'm sure the LL board are more professional than that.

As for the application criteria, what I posted is fairly accurate as I have now seen the form. May the best applicant win.

So who are you this week then Hamish the goalie or Black and red socks do make yer mind up :whistle

Who said the LL should look after their own  ? 

Funny how every fecker wants a piece of it now though al give you that :thumsup2

I did read  (might've been on here) that the LL might no want these  clubs in it too soon as it would not just affect the teams that are in relegation trouble but the whole league in general which I believe could be a fair assessment. 

That's not auld pals act that's protecting yer club whether ye like it or no  ?

As you say and I don't even know if my club will even apply may the best applicant win  ?

Edited by newcastle broon

16 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

You need to understand what the LL are looking for in the applications. All applications should be treated equally and on merit with the best candidate getting the nod.

Who that is remains to be seen.

In any league, the bottom club should go down.

I agree ,

but 

Div 2 is a play off not relegation

5 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

So who are you this week then Hamish the goalie or Black and red socks do make yer mind up :whistle

Who said the LL should look after their own  ? 

Funny how every fecker wants a piece of it now though al give you that :thumsup2

I did read  (might've been on here) that the LL might no want these  clubs in it too soon as it would not just affect the teams that are in relegation trouble but the whole league in general which I believe could be a fair assessment. 

Do you think the top end LL will vote for it. That's not auld pals act that's protecting yer club whether ye like it or no  ?

Jeezo Broony,  it's hard enough dealing with all my pals as it is without inventing other user names and attracting more, I leave that to the trolls.

My only point on this thread is that whoever is voted in as "club 16" is done so solely on merit to find the best candidate to replace Selkirk.

46 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Fair point, but it should be automatic relegation. One day.

Agreed the sooner the better 

Bottom relegated 

2nd Bottom Playoff with loser off LL V HL now that would be a step forward  ( never going to happen but we can but dream )

Reaction from WW?

On 01/04/2019 at 14:41, newcastle broon said:

Na but I'd expect some kind of leniency regards getting the funding since we are one of the few clubs that actually  own their park  ? 

If you get to keep your licence along with CSS and VOL, then there's no reason why Bonnyrigg (who I think own their park as well) and others without lights who applied in 2018 shouldn't be awarded a licence. Whatever happens it doesn't really help in terms of relegation either way as there's enough clubs with lights who would be better applicants for your position.