LL Relegation

Baxter's Nutmeg

Just now, selfassemblyshire said:

Ah fair play. Are the likely EoS winners unlicensed?

I would imagine that Whitehill would get back in but you never know.

I'd imagine Linlithgow would be strong candidates.

At the moment Linlithgow Rose are the only licensed club that have a license and challenging for the Championship. A number of the other contenders are going through the licensing process, some may have even had their applications approved by the SFA Board yesterday. Unfortunately, that board meeting was cancelled due to a funeral.

There's now uncertainty over when the next SFA Board meeting would be and if it be in time for 31st March.

Just now, RampantFM said:

I think the most likely team to win EoS - Bonnyrigg Rose - are going through licensing now like some others. 

Should be confirmed before the deadline of the end of March.

Clubs with licenses are -

6 clubs in the East of Scotland Football League: Burntisland Shipyard, Coldstream, Hawick Royal Albert, Linlithgow Rose, Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale, and Preston Athletic
4 clubs in the South of Scotland Football League: Newton Stewart, St Cuthbert Wanderers, Threave Rovers, and Wigtown & Bladnoch
2 Junior clubs: Banks O' Dee and Girvan

Banks O'Dee won't be getting in unless they move their ground :)

13 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Ah fair play. Are the likely EoS winners unlicensed?

I would imagine that Whitehill would get back in but you never know.

I would have my reservations on that one selfie. Floodlighting could be an issue here.

You'll see for yourself how close Bonnyrigg are when you play them soon. 

I don't foresee any problems wi their licensing. 

I think the most likely team to win EoS - Bonnyrigg Rose - are going through licensing now like some others. 

Should be confirmed before the deadline of the end of March.

Clubs with licenses are -

6 clubs in the East of Scotland Football League: Burntisland Shipyard, Coldstream, Hawick Royal Albert, Linlithgow Rose, Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale, and Preston Athletic

4 clubs in the South of Scotland Football League: Newton Stewart, St Cuthbert Wanderers, Threave Rovers, and Wigtown & Bladnoch

2 Junior clubs: Banks O' Dee and Girvan

Minor note but Golspie Sutherland of the North Caledonian League are licensed too. Obviously not joining the LL anytime soon.

Glasgow uni too

2 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

The Lowland League today have posted looking for applications to join the league to return it to a 16 team league.

Going by the article it would suggest that 15th is getting relegated and possibly 14th.

http://slfl.co.uk/applications-for-membership/?fbclid=IwAR2Gf5IvRzkt_tDMl8SEqiMEd-5MYCZtpROmnAwfiPz4KBbAKbQnjGy1P-w

Why dont they just use the existing/developing  Pyramid for teams to enter and not invite applications?

I might have picked this up wrong from a recent EOS meeting - but Whitehill are effectively safe from relegation as Selkirk are considered to be the bottom club.

There is still a scenario where Whitehill could get relegated, however, and that is where say Albion Rover played Cove Rangers in the Playoff - and Cove won. Albion Rovers would be relegated to LL and Whitehill to EOS.  In the event that none of the playoff winners from EOS were licensed then applications would be needed to fill the space.  Hence the advert now.

I think.

1 minute ago, jaggywaggy said:

I might have picked this up wrong from a recent EOS meeting - but Whitehill are effectively safe from relegation as Selkirk are considered to be the bottom club.

There is still a scenario where Whitehill could get relegated, however, and that is where say Albion Rover played Cove Rangers in the Playoff - and Cove won. Albion Rovers would be relegated to LL and Whitehill to EOS.  In the event that none of the playoff winners from EOS were licensed then applications would be needed to fill the space.  Hence the advert now.

I think.

It's changed since if you go wi Burnieman s minutes on the EOS thread. 

2 hours ago, jaggywaggy said:

I think.

That may well be the case. The Lowland League still need applications in case there is no licensed Tier 6 champion or if the SPFL Playoff involves a second relegation.

At this particular moment in time the only club with a license before March 31st that is contending for a Tier 6 championship is Linlithgow Rose.

So starting to ask for applications now will save them scrambling around in May.

Clearly you couldn't wait until all scenarios were clear as that may not be until Saturday 18th May when the playoff final 2nd legs happen. Not enough time to organise an application process.

An argument could be made that gaps should be filled with the next highest placed licensed club rather than by application.

However you've got 2 immediate problems: what if the next 2 both finished (say) 3rd in EOSL & SOSL respectively - or even if its clear-cut, what if they objected to being unexpectedly promoted from mid-table?

EDIT:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/lowland-league-membership-application-update/?rid=13929

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 13:31, jaggywaggy said:

I think.

From what I heard this afternoon - SFA wouldn't endorse such a rule change at this stage of the season, as it would materially effect what people thought they were playing for.

As outlined it may be academic, but as you were afoot LL, or alternatively:

this-is-not-a-drill-fire-alarm-emergency

Edited by HibeeJibee

On 15/02/2019 at 15:51, FairWeatherFan said:

That may well be the case. The Lowland League still need applications in case there is no licensed Tier 6 champion or if the SPFL Playoff involves a second relegation.

At this particular moment in time the only club with a license before March 31st that is contending for a Tier 6 championship is Linlithgow Rose.

So starting to ask for applications now will save them scrambling around in May.

At last, somebody talking sense!