LL Relegation

Baxter's Nutmeg

Aye, and if the current bottom 8 clubs all resigned tomorrow, that would put the Shire in 7th and last place. 
Does that mean we get relegated? 
Considering there would be 9 places up for application in that scenario, it's very unlikely that the Shire wouldn't stay in the LL.

6 minutes ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

Aye, and if the current bottom 8 clubs all resigned tomorrow, that would put the Shire in 7th and last place. 

Does that mean we get relegated? 

In that unlikely circumstance probably not, given how far on the season is, the remaining results may be awarded as wins to the opponents and the playing record allowed to stand, unlike Selkirk's.

It's a poorly worded rule, but it shouldn't have been changed mid-season to save someone's bacon.

Doubt automatic relegation from SPFL2 will become reality until the Lowland league becomes stronger. The more relegation places from the Lowland league the quicker it will become stronger. That's assuming they sort out the issue with the West juniors joining.

Doubt automatic relegation from SPFL2 will become reality until the Lowland league becomes stronger. The more relegation places from the Lowland league the quicker it will become stronger. That's assuming they sort out the issue with the West juniors joining.

Irony is that if Albion Rovers drop in and then struggle, it’ll show the strength of the LL that shire and Rovers (potentially) weren’t in the mix up for promotion at any stage. But would you vote for that as an League two side? Think the reality is that it would probably get more votes if it was essentially shootie in for a relegated team to come back up.

21 minutes ago, surely not! said:

Irony is that if Albion Rovers drop in and then struggle, it’ll show the strength of the LL that shire and Rovers (potentially) weren’t in the mix up for promotion at any stage. But would you vote for that as an League two side? Think the reality is that it would probably get more votes if it was essentially shootie in for a relegated team to come back up.

It’s almost like a great big game of self preservation ... 

These things open up more once you get a few teams that have experienced both sides of it. If you can get 3/4 ex Tier 5 clubs(even if that includes returning sides) in the spfl then that would start discussions at that level about the difficulty of returning.

30 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

1 relegation spot in  16 team league is a nonsense. It should be a minimum of two, probably a third in a playoff of some sort.

FWIW the SPFL should be relegating two teams with the HL and LL champions both being automatically promoted.

Tell that to the Premiership clubs. 

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

1 relegation spot in  16 team league is a nonsense. It should be a minimum of two, probably a third in a playoff of some sort.

But  0 relegation slots in a 16 team league is ludicrous so why is abody picking on the LL  ?

Like I said before get the geographical lines and boundaries and the west juniors sorted before any talk of opening up a 2nd LL relegation. I'd say they're more important at present. 

1 hour ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Tell that to the Premiership clubs. 

Just now, newcastle broon said:

But  0 relegation slots in a 16 team league is ludicrous so why is abody picking on the LL  ?

Like I said before get the geographical lines and boundaries and the west juniors sorted before any talk of opening up a 2nd LL relegation. I'd say they're more important at present. 

Two Whitehill Welfare fans posting irrelvant nonsense in response to my post, quelle surprise

52 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Two Whitehill Welfare fans posting irrelvant nonsense in response to my post, quelle surprise

:lol:  So 2 leagues at tier 5, one has NO relegation the other ONE relegation yet you want TWO and a play off  from the LL who at least opened it up a bit. what part is irrelevant ?

If their are 2 leagues playing at the same level surely the same relegation places AND promotion should be the same for BOTH leagues. 

As much as below the LL is rapidly expanding it looks awfy lop sided to me.

And for what it's worth yes I'm a ww fan but I'm sure it's no just ww looking over their shoulders  ? 

Do you think the likes of the Shire,Spartans,BSC etc i.e top 4 or 5 LL are welcoming the threat of former top Junior sides coming up,it's bound to affect their ambitions as well so whether we like it or not  as someone else pointed oot self preservation seems to be the key here but not just from clubs looking to get relegated though  ?

Edited by newcastle broon

14 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

:lol:  So 2 leagues at tier 5, one has NO relegation the other ONE relegation yet you want TWO and a play off  from the LL who at least opened it up a bit. what part is irrelevant ?

If their are 2 leagues playing at the same level surely the same relegation places AND promotion should be the same for BOTH leagues. 

You will get absolutely no argument from me on that.

Is even worse- it’s an 18 team league

Highland League clearly should have relegation.  Separate issue to this discussion.

Lowland League will have a very strong EoS Premier below it hopefully with many licensed clubs.  Many of the clubs will be stronger than some of the weaker Lowland League clubs.  There will be pressure for more relegation spots in the future.  

The Highland League currently has no league below it and apparently no clubs desperate to get in.

I don't think you can argue against more relegation spots in the LL by saying HL has no relegation spots.  Very different situations below the HL and LL currently.  HL issue needs to be fixed but that's not a justification to keep the LL at one spot.

Edited by stanley

Even when the Highland League gets relegation there's a chance it's more likely to be 2 leagues of 10. Why does it matter?

At the moment the main cost difference between Highland and Lowland League area clubs is that the 17th and 18th placed clubs in the Highland League get into the Scottish Cup proper. And who knows how the early rounds of the Scottish Cup will be changed to account for new members.