LL Relegation

Baxter's Nutmeg

9 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

That would only be correct if all remaining matches were awarded as 3-0 wins for the opponents and Selkirk's playing record remained, however their playing record was wiped from the books, expunged, deceased.   They can't be bottom as they are not in the league.

A big problem for the Pyramid at the moment is the reluctance of the LL to open up at the bottom, it seems some people are getting twitchy.

The big problem with the pyramid is that tier 6 is a mess. 

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Their playing record was expunged, they effectively didn't exist this season and the rules state "bottom club" is relegated, so clearly 15th is bottom in a 15 team league.

The bottom club then has a chance to save themselves by re-applying for the vacancy, if they want to. It doesn't however set a great example IMO when the LL are trying to get the SPFL to open up more.

Are the rules not based on 16 teams being in the league...if so then there are flaws in.tge system

Currently it might not offer a licensed champion from the SoS or EoS. That's a problem.
Fair point, hopefully next season the EoS Premier is top heavy with Licenced clubs, it's on course to be, and we should be fine this season as well (floodlight derogation permitting)

So hypothetically speaking we could see say Penicuik win the play off and come up if licensing approved then Bonnyrigg apply to join league and say Whitehill bottom reapplying if it’s up to the teams in league to vote I'm afraid to say Bonnyrigg have no chance as pretty sure most would fancy chances against Whitehill  and I mean no disrespect to them with that comment 

21 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

So hypothetically speaking we could see say Penicuik win the play off and come up if licensing approved then Bonnyrigg apply to join league and say Whitehill bottom reapplying if it’s up to the teams in league to vote I'm afraid to say Bonnyrigg have no chance as pretty sure most would fancy chances against Whitehill  and I mean no disrespect to them with that comment 

Or perhaps they are of the opinion they knew at the start of the season only one club would be leaving the division and now that one has it’s unfair that Whitehill or any other club in that position should be relegated in this way.

3 hours ago, Kelheart said:

It could go the other way. A team demanding a change of rules during the season to save their own skin does nothing for the credibility of the league. I would imagine that point won’t be lost on the board and may stand against them if they lose the vote at the EGM and then have to apply for re-entry. 

The fact that a team who was involved in setting the rules when the league was set up is now complaining about them because it doesn’t suit them is bad enough. But why leave it until now to make an issue of the decision made by the board at the start of the season? I dare say had Whitehill been sitting mid table they would have been quite happy with the rules as they are.

5 hours ago, Golum said:

True but as said so were Selkirk 

You can debate and argue all you want but Selkirk were in the league so should be classed as bottom , last , relegated ( and as they resigned they should and have been dumped out altogether )

Question if Welfare resigned now where does it end ?

The main problem is promotion from the LL not the relegation from it 

Why would Welfare resign?

12 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

It could go the other way. A team demanding a change of rules during the season to save their own skin does nothing for the credibility of the league. I would imagine that point won’t be lost on the board and may stand against them if they lose the vote at the EGM and then have to apply for re-entry. 

The fact that a team who was involved in setting the rules when the league was set up is now complaining about them because it doesn’t suit them is bad enough. But why leave it until now to make an issue of the decision made by the board at the start of the season? I dare say had Whitehill been sitting mid table they would have been quite happy with the rules as they are.

Who mentioned Whitehill in all this??

16 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Why would Welfare resign?

He has a valid point though  ?

I take it there's nothing in the rules aboot teams playing 30 odd miles from their homebase as well though or was that changed to suit  ?

That does feck all for league credibility.

Edited by newcastle broon

13 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

I take it there's nothing in the rules aboot teams playing 30 odd miles from their homebase as well though or was that changed to suit  ?

so propose a rule change just like others have done

11 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Really that’s where you want to go. Imagine we must be the first club in the history of anything to play 30 miles from the hoose. Yeah but your right that’s what everybody in EoS & SoS leagues will be talking about, not the fact that we changed rules mid season just to save one club. Laying waste to any ambitions they had of being promoted. What was I thinking about.