8 minutes ago, Mission said:

Let's just forget him then and focus on Roberts. I agree it is maybe too early to call for him to go. But the facts are, we look poor and we are not only losing, we are getting hammered. If Rovers had not be so bad, we could well have been heading out of the league.

let's hope for signs of improvement and Roberts gets the summer to re-build his own team. But, we need some signs surely. We cannot risk being left to have a poor start next season and go out of the league. Hopefully a few wins coming and we can start to get some positives back. No one wants to see a new manager under pressure or sacked, so yes, he needs more time. But like any club and any supporter, we want something in return for our entrance fee.

Fair and balanced Mission. If the results were the same after two months with all our key players playing then it would be no contest. Even Mick1867 with his extraordinary memory of every ball kicked can't remember a time with more injury problems.  Confidence is gone and what's more worrying we've returned to last season's disease of starting very cold.  I've no doubt that Gibby and Gerry in front of Jordan will sort that almost instantly.  We won't compete with the top 3 but we should be doing better against the rest. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For clarity, I'm not calling for him to go. I'm saying we should now look at it at the end of the season. If there's no marked improvement, then we'll have a decision to make. I don't see how anyone could see that as unreasonable. 

Three players in hospital in 8 days. Add the longer term injuries to Foy, Gibby and both Kindlans and it's shaping up to be the worst season I can remember for serious injuries.

Yesterday was another fairly calamitous day. Mortimer's great cross at 1-0 found no takers and 2 minutes later we were 2-0 down. Sums it up.

Hard to know how to judge Mark Roberts with all these injuries and his relative difficulty in bringing in new players.

Gus did sign well but getting the best side on the park at one time is looking increasigly impossible; TNS seems like a lifetime ago.

Galt? I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

Thankfully Rovers and Berwick are a fair few points away....

26 minutes ago, an86 said:

I'm saying we should now look at it at the end of the season. If there's no marked improvement, then we'll have a decision to make

Totally agree, but for me he does not install any confidence in our players. Don't think we need to worry about relegation spot. But cannot see where our next win is coming from.

We need reinforcements but that is easier said than done. 

My issues come from no challenge to guys and they nrealise no matter how bad they are playing they still get a start.

I think young James needs a rest he is making mistakes every week and it is turning to goals.

Jambo needs a kick up the a--- he is too busy along with Gow blaming other players rather than encouraging when things go wrong. Can't remember when he last played well. 

Mark seems to have kicked Dean out of his plans and the other 2 midfielders guys left due to not playing so he really has no options to leave Jambo out. 

I was glad he left Gow out but did not understand the 3 he played behind Lewis. 

He does not know how to motivate players in my opinion. Coming out in the interview and saying these guys need to take it more seriously not as a hobby is his job to install professionalism in his squad. 

We need a couple of quality players to boost the squad but does he have the contacts to get them. 

Kindlan, Osadolor, Mcgrory, and Millar are all candidates who have shown some skill and in my book are worthy of runs in the 1st team. East and Moore are also worthy. It could be said that they don't have the experience but no better way to get it than by playing. Due to Albion's sorry state of affairs I do not think that we are in any danger so why not give these lads a decent opportunity now? I agree that McKernon is not on form  at all but perhaps the return of Gibby might help him. If the Galt speculation is serious then even on one leg I would have him in. It is the apparent lack of ideas that worries me. I just don't think the lads know what they are supposed to be doing.

18 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Adam was taken away in an ambulance unfortunately. Hope it was precautionary. Thanks to EC support team for attending to Magee whilst our Doc was with Adam.

Unfortunately Adam Martin has a broken ankle/fibula and is going in for an operation tomorrow, so won't play again this season.

All the best to the lad for a speedy recovery.

21 minutes ago, macclyde+ said:

Unfortunately Adam Martin has a broken ankle/fibula and is going in for an operation tomorrow, so won't play again this season.

All the best to the lad for a speedy recovery.

That's a real shame. Hope his recovery goes well. 

It was good to see us start to bang the City players about a bit towards the end. No doubt down to frustration. Best was Euan East's clattering of Thomson just after he had done the same to the youngster. Thomson's bleating about it was priceless.

There was another daft booking for backchat, and it could have been more. That needs to be sorted out.

5 hours ago, an86 said:

I don't see how anyone could see that as unreasonable. 

Perfectly reasonable.

4 hours ago, spider1867 said:

Jambo needs a kick up the a--- he is too busy along with Gow blaming other players rather than encouraging when things go wrong. Can't remember when he last played well. 

This. With Gibby coming back the armband will go to him. I'd have Jordan Hart as back-up. Let Jambo focus on his A-game.

4 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Yesterday was another fairly calamitous day. Mortimer's great cross at 1-0 found no takers 

Peculiar that didn't make the highlights.

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

There was another daft booking for backchat, and it could have been more. That needs to be sorted out.

And Jambo's ridiculous wrestling match with plenty of player's behind him. Not the first time he's been booked for daft fouls.

Definite lack of experience in the team and some of the young guys who started off well are now struggling and way too much expected of them...Mgr allowed some experience walk out the door which is criminal when reinforcements at this time of year is virtually impossible with the exception of the odd youngster on loan.

His tactics are one dimensional and afraid he is now being found out which is very worrying...we are now shipping goals and unable to convert.

Even making allowances for the injuries some of his team choices and tactics have been extraordinary and don't seem to have recognised that during this difficult period we need to attempt to close the back door and retain possession for longer periods.Elementary and basic stuff when resources are stretched and may have resulted in picking up the odd point here and there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/01/2019 at 00:06, an86 said:

Yeah. I hate picking up points. 

..and promotion. Don't forget that. I hated every minute of that. Especially that 6-1 midweek win at Montrose. Boring and dreadful 

Archived