• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How anyone can criticise what Gus did for us is beyond me. We won promotion and stayed in league one. Plus our position was a lot better when he left than it is now.

This is back to the latter days of Gardner Speirs reign, in fact we look even worse.

No offence to Mark Roberts, I am sure he is a decent guy. He looks a broken man in the interview after today' game. I hope he can turn things around but I fear he might be out of his depth.

Adam was taken away in an ambulance unfortunately. Hope it was precautionary. Thanks to EC support team for attending to Magee whilst our Doc was with Adam.

Still think the criticism is a bit harsh. Williebraveheart is right about Gibby but as skipper he would have had a say. Gerry was sluggish last week too. Both perfectly acceptable and inevitable. Hart too was caught cold for the first one today. Problem is we are so thin at the back we’re hoping for too much from guys out for weeks/months.

The reality is we’re not good enough, experienced enough or physical enough as a group to compete with most of the teams. I remain confident though that after a few weeks getting the spine of the team re-established we’ll pick up enough points for this league. It’s going to be a trudge though.

Best wishes to the Queens player who was taken off. I've seen medical staff from teams attend to injured players from other teams and its always good to see such co-operation. It's only a game after all. 

I can't say I've seen many teams I've supported win 4-0 at Hampden and that includes those bone idle shagbags of a men's national team. So that was nice. Some cracking goals as well. To be fair to the Spiders you should have had a consolation at the end but it would have been too little  too late. 

I'm not one for calling for change after someone's only been in the job for a few months, but there's something badly wrong if alarm bells aren't ringing loudly for every single Queen's Park fan. 

Yes, there's been injuries but it doesn't excuse the total lack of cohesion and scale of defeats. The new manager bounce is starting to look more and more like residual good habits from the previous incumbent. I said give the guy this season and next season to judge him, but if these results continue that's going to have to be looked at much earlier. If there's no improvement, we simply can't afford to gamble with our league status next season. 

34 minutes ago, an86 said:

I'm not one for calling for change after someone's only been in the job for a few months, but there's something badly wrong if alarm bells aren't ringing loudly for every single Queen's Park fan. 

Yes, there's been injuries but it doesn't excuse the total lack of cohesion and scale of defeats. The new manager bounce is starting to look more and more like residual good habits from the previous incumbent. I said give the guy this season and next season to judge him, but if these results continue that's going to have to be looked at much earlier. If there's no improvement, we simply can't afford to gamble with our league status next season. 

Wondered how long it would take you. "Yes there's been injuries". Six players injured in 2 games, three of them hospitalised. Remember when we got promotion? Muir in goals and Scouse and McGeever in central defence. Have a good study at all four goals yesterday from a QP perspective.

1. Hart well off his line gets mugged by a very good speculative volley

2. Gibby completey misses an easy clearance (later made 2 great ones), collected and rapidly finished before any other defender got close.

3. Simple overhit pass in midfiled loses possession. McKernon focusses on blaming Grant rather than retrieving the ball. EC push it forward and cross to the unmarked top scorer in the league and Magee and McLaren lie well behind. Miles behind. Too slow and out of position, as usual. How did henderson get there and they didn't.

4. Definitely offside, but that guy didn't score. Great save by Hart. Unfortunately it runs into the path of the scorer. Hang on though. Let's look at that guy's position when the forward pass was made. He was actually behind McLaren and yet got in front of him to score. Seems McLaren was busier claiming offside than marking his man.

So all the blame is on Roberts? Yet weren't all these guys signed by Gus who "has an eye for a good player".  And let's just ignore that of the eight defenders on the books only two have been regularly available. Your clear insinuation is that things would be better with Gus around. Here's another perspective on that. Gus does have an eye for a good player. Maybe that's why he bailed after just 4 league games - which he did- and left us with an imbalanced shell of a team.  He understood the impact of the amateur contracts, he knew the junior pond was getting shallower, he know the div 5 threat was coming. And he left. End of.

By the way, he's still enjoying QP hospitality as he sits in the Millenium Lounge scouting with his keen eye. I'd wager it wasn't any of his QP signings he was watching yesterday

10 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Wondered how long it would take you. "Yes there's been injuries". Six players injured in 2 games, three of them hospitalised. Remember when we got promotion? Muir in goals and Scouse and McGeever in central defence. Have a good study at all four goals yesterday from a QP perspective.

2. Gibby completey misses an easy clearance (later made 2 great ones), collected and rapidly finished before any other defender got close.

3. Simple overhit pass in midfiled loses possession. McKernon focusses on blaming Grant rather than retrieving the ball. EC push it forward and cross to the unmarked top scorer in the league and Magee and McLaren lie well behind. Miles behind. Too slow and out of position, as usual. How did henderson get there and they didn't.

4. Definitely offside, but that guy didn't score. Great save by Hart. Unfortunately it runs into the path of the scorer. Hang on though. Let's look at that guy's position when the forward pass was made. He was actually behind McLaren and yet got in front of him to score. Seems McLaren was busier claiming offside than marking his man.

So all the blame is on Roberts? Yet weren't all these guys signed by Gus who "has an eye for a good player".  And let's just ignore that of the eight defenders on the books only two have been regularly available. Your clear insinuation is that things would be better with Gus around. Here's another perspective on that. Gus does have an eye for a good player. Maybe that's why he bailed after just 4 league games - which he did- and left us with an imbalanced shell of a team.  He understood the impact of the amateur contracts, he knew the junior pond was getting shallower, he know the div 5 threat was coming. And he left. End of.

By the way, he's still enjoying QP hospitality as he sits in the Millenium Lounge scouting with his keen eye. I'd wager it wasn't any of his QP signings he was watching yesterday

Since Connah's Quay in November, we've scored three goals and conceded twenty. That's all the studying I require to do. Under *any* circumstance, that's unacceptable when playing in the bottom tier. Three of those were against a full time outfit, so we'll call it 17-3.

Ok, we get that you don't like Gus.

Let's just forget him then and focus on Roberts. I agree it is maybe too early to call for him to go. But the facts are, we look poor and we are not only losing, we are getting hammered. If Rovers had not be so bad, we could well have been heading out of the league.

let's hope for signs of improvement and Roberts gets the summer to re-build his own team. But, we need some signs surely. We cannot risk being left to have a poor start next season and go out of the league. Hopefully a few wins coming and we can start to get some positives back. No one wants to see a new manager under pressure or sacked, so yes, he needs more time. But like any club and any supporter, we want something in return for our entrance fee.

37 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

"Interesting. Like watching a drunk man trying to button his coat.":lol: Just knew those words would come back to haunt you, just didn't expect it to be so soon.

You've come close to losing it on a few occasions, but this tops the lot. Your final sentence is just pure petulance because the golden boy you've been bumming up for weeks is now proving to be as clueless as we were warned about by opposing fans weeks ago. Many managers coming in have an initial honeymoon period, but it's not until they encounter adversity that we see their true worth. I'm not going to hang Roberts out to dry because the injury position is indeed a factor, but if you can't see the tactical problem then I suspect you are in a very small minority.

20 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

If it’s any consolation your highlights package is tremendous and produced very quickly.

That looked much more like us. Going to be some run in.

Not really but your kindness is appreciated. The gulf between your players and the other two is significant, your team play and movement even more. All 3 teams are well ahead of the rest so it'll come down to the games between each other. Yours to lose from what I've seen.

Archived