Is it safe to come out from under the bed yet? After two horrendous home fixtures, it's time to take to the Home of Fitba once again.  QP are always reticent to publish team news, so we'll probably have to wait until Saturday until we hear who's in and who's out.  Kurtis Roberts will likely be out for a while and Gerry might require a biker's helmet to protect the big gash on his head.  Sundry others may also be missing.

We're not scoring and confidence must be rock bottom, but City are struggling a bit....comparatively!  A quick goal might rattle them.  

We'll see how they cope with the big grass park.  I'd love to see us approach this with a bit of confidence and start on the front foot.  I'd get Moore back in for starters; he seems to have so much energy about him; maybe he'd galvanise the others.  It pains me not to say "home win" but I'm going for us to get a draw.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are a very good side and have been by far the best we've faced, particularly in the first game. Passed the ball around well and showed no real sign of weakness. We were better at Ainslie Park, but they killed it in the first half and felt they were happy with their lot in the second half, albeit it might have been different if we'd taken one of the number of chances we had. 

It's a struggle for positives just now. Can't score and are making it ridiculously easy at the other end. We've been far too nice, this season. We need some big serial killer at the centre of the park alongside Jambo. I'm all for playing nice stuff, but the best QP sides have always had guys who weren't afraid to dish it out a bit as well as playing good football. 

We caught Peterhead on an off day earlier this season, so hopefully Edinburgh have a similar episode and we can find a wee spark. I'd just load the team with pace and hopefully try and give them something to think about. 

Well the reserves beat east Kilbride 5-2 last night with quite a lot of the boys who don't play getting minutes.   Agree we are struggling for confidence. Big Hawke makes a huge difference as he knows we're the goal is but he has to be supplied.  Think Kurtis will be out for a while. Don't know what line Mark will go down this week. Who partners Jambo in midfield or does he go back to Dom Jambo and Lewis at the back. Don't think Gerry will play either. Young Kieran was good when he came on last week supply good crosses and plenty of energy  as was young Calvin who  looked  composed on the ball. I would give Adam a run in the team.  We need to make a change at left back as Summers is out. I would leave Gow out this week, You have to tell me what he has done to deserve a starting slot.  I don't expect to win but I think we have to show something as we have been really poor for a number of weeks now.  

15 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

We'll see how they cope with the big grass park.  

They coped with it earlier in the season when they beat us easily unfortunately. It seems to be more of an issue for us at the moment rather than the opposition. Things can only improve but god knows what our line up is going to be. Never known a season like this for injuries    

They coped with it earlier in the season when they beat us easily unfortunately. It seems to be more of an issue for us at the moment rather than the opposition. Things can only improve but god knows what our line up is going to be. Never known a season like this for injuries    

That is, of course, a very good point!!! That's another game that I've banished from my memory. We were struggling to find our feet back then.

A wee bit like now, sadly.

35 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

I'll play your game...

Hart  

Grant   McLaren   Gibson   Miller

Kindlan (De)  McKernon

McLean     McGrory    Martin

Hawke

Magee for Gibson if he's not fit enough yet.

49 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I'll play your game...

Hart  

Kindlan (De)  McKernon

Hawke

Magee for Gibson if he's not fit enough yet.

Won't argue with that line up should it run out at kick off. Might prefer Magee instead of Gibson and would rather have Smart on the right instead of McLean who is not an impact player for me.

5 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Won't argue with that line up should it run out at kick off. Might prefer Magee instead of Gibson and would rather have Smart on the right instead of McLean who is not an impact player for me.

I want to show Smart the love but he's just so hot and cold. McLean can be the same but maybe after a few weeks out he'll be hungry again. Either would be a better option than Gow at the moment.

We've a number of problems, but when you look at our goals tally and break down the goals we've actually scored, it's a huge concern. 

15 in 18 games in the league. Five against the poorest Albion Rovers team I've ever seen, two crosses against Peterhead and two penalties. That our most dynamic performance, in my opinion, was a 0-0 draw at home to Cowdenbeath sums up the season. Could and should have been five or six that day. Mortimer missed about four one on ones and I'm sure the woodwork copped it a couple of times. They weren't the only chances either. 

I actually think it's the final ball as much as the front men. We know Hawke can take a chance when it comes his way. The rest need to do more. Smart has scored two or three and hasn't really been playing every week. Would be tempted to go with him for a couple of weeks. 

Actually the poorest GF in the league. Shows how good the defence has been. Bizarrely only 8 points off the play-offs with a game in hand. There's room for heroes here if somebody wants it enough. 
image.png.7f2ffdcbe549bc0ed87d09389418bd50.png
I want it enough....sadly, I'm pish at football.

On 10/01/2019 at 15:02, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I'll play your game...

Hart  

Kindlan (De)  McKernon

Hawke

I agree with most of it but I would also play Smart or Moore instead of MacLean. 

Don't think Gibby will play came to early for him. Lewis back in.

I think he will put McGrory in beside Jambo and play Gow in front of them. He seems to be blinkered on the Gow front. 

a photo posted in the spirit of friendship and brotherhood... you Spiders b*****ds...! :lol:

5c3920c508dba_queenspark.thumb.jpg.d6c95ef5f6351a3f9643ae30ee4abe3e.jpg

This is the Queen's Park team who won the Stuart Black Memorial Trophy about 20 years ago. A 4 team tournament was organised in memory of Big Stu who was tragically killed in a work accident. Shettleston, Queens Park, Newtongrange Star and Edinburgh City  played over a weekend with the Spiders coming out on top . QP were invited as Big Stu had played for the Meadowbank supporters football team who often played Queens Park supporters in games and it seemed appropriate to involve them. 

(Photo by Tam the Bam's late dad who didn't like football but was dragged along to take action photos!)

Think there's only a couple of those players I don't recognise. Mention of the supporters games brings back loads of memories for me Tam as I played in most of them, and although I can't specifically remember Stuart Black I did know stalwarts like David Baxter & Colin McPherson.  By the mid 80's those games were held in sufficient regard that I can even remember Alan Lawrence and Darren Jackson coming to watch one and present a trophy to the tournament winners (I think there were three games all played at the same time that morning - A teams, B teams & U-16s which shows you how many supporters got involved) who were QPSA of course :) .

The relationship didn't end there as "Cheers" was the inspiration for "The Web" and Alec Milne used to do the cover for our annual Xmas special "Off The Ball". If any of those guys are at today's game it would be good to see them again. Blobby out!

Not sure if we’re having a wobble or not but would be lovely to pick up 3 points here. We were tremendous last time out at Hampden something close to that will do I’d imagine.

We’ve got a fair bit of pace in the final 3rd so the big pitch should suit us.

Not making it through today but I hope everyone has a lovely time xx

2 hours ago, qpfc said:

Sack the manager please. Totally and utterly clueless. Absolute no plan whatsoever with lineup and tactics 

I agree with your comments on tactics. Not my selection but it could have been more effective with a different formation. I could not see the point of Mortimer, Martin, and MacLean in the same lineup. When the young lads came on and we played the ball on the ground I thought we were more effective although Edinburgh had switched off by that time. We just cannot give goals away in the manner we did. Lewis and Dom should have been the central back two with Gibby, who sadly did not look fit from the word go, on the left. He had only an hour or so of reserve football before this and to pick him from the word go in the same week was foolish. I hope his injury is not serious. Feel for Adam. Wish him a speedy recovery. Whether sacking Roberts now will make much difference at this stage I don't know, but I do not think he will be there for the long term unless he can show more knowledge of the game.

Archived