2019 NFL Draft

lichtie23

• 2 weeks later...
Kyler Murray has measured in 5' 10.1" with 9.5" hands for the draft, which is bigger than some people had thought.  This should alleviate size concerns about him in the draft.
More importantly weighed in at 207lbs. Everyone knew he was short but the fear was how durable he would be. Russell Wilson weighed less than that I think. GMs will be in a frenzy, can't wait for draft night.

23 hours ago, Fife Saint said:
On 28/02/2019 at 16:26, ICTChris said:
Kyler Murray has measured in 5' 10.1" with 9.5" hands for the draft, which is bigger than some people had thought.  This should alleviate size concerns about him in the draft.

More importantly weighed in at 207lbs. Everyone knew he was short but the fear was how durable he would be. Russell Wilson weighed less than that I think. GMs will be in a frenzy, can't wait for draft night.

That's Murray bulking up for the Combine though his natural weight is about 190 and that's what he'll probably end up playing at. Wilson cut down for the combine, he plays at like 220lbs.

I'm not really sure why he cut down, i just read somewhere the other day that he had been about 220 before the combine and lost some weight for it, better athletic scores is probably the best guess for it though. Wikipedia has him at 215 now.

As for Murray he might keep the weight on but i'm thinking because hes a naturally smaller guy he'll probably be better at his normal size. Maybe if he thinks he'll get hurt he'll try and stay a bit heavier

One thing that worries me about Kyler Murray is his personality. Seems like a child and not someone ready to lead a franchise. He's also only played 1 year which gives me pause. I think the Cardinals would be silly to pick him and trade Rosen. Dwayne Haskins is the QB I would be targeting.

RB class is horrific this year but WR's are deep. DK Metcalf probably go top 10 now and is a massive boom/bust prospect. I really like Hakeem Butler who also tested well, and Metcalf's more productive college teammate AJ Brown will be a good pro as well. 

TE Noah Fant tested historically great and will be a 1st rounder too. TJ Hockensen did relatively well based on expectations. Patriots are definitely going to draft one of these guys.

Seen bits of the TE and WO drills. Metcalf stole the show for the receivers and Fant had the best TE showing.

RBs aren't great.

DL has some absolute freaks and lots of them. Montez Sweat ran the 40 faster than OBJ did and he's fucking enormous.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Rumours are that the Giants are slipping on Haskins but who really knows.

Seems to be a lock that Kyler Murray is going first to the Cardinals.  From all the analysis I've seen it's a very strong defensive draft, particularly for linemen.    Certainly compared to the five QBs that went in the first round last year it's shorter on QBs but these guys often end up moving up.