Royal Rumble 2019

JamieStevenson

The road to WrestleMania 35 starts here with Royal Rumble! It will take place on Sunday January 27th 2019 and will be following the 2 hour Kickoff Show (10PM), 4 hour main card format (Midnight). This year it is the 32nd instalment of Royal Rumble and held at the Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona. As I'm sure everybody is aware, the winners of the Royal Rumble matches will be awarded a Championship match at WrestleMania 35. R-Truth and Carmella won the right to be #30 in their respective Rumble matches as a result of winning the Mixed Match Challenge.

Confirmed Matches:

Rusev (C) vs Shinsuke Nakamura for the WWE United States Championship (Pre Show).

Buddy Murphy (C) vs Akira Tozawa vs Kalisto vs Hideo Itami for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship (Pre Show).

The Bar (C) vs The Miz and Shane McMahon for the WWE SmackDown Championship.

Ronda Rousey (C) vs Sasha Banks for the WWE Raw Women's Championship.

Asuka vs Becky Lynch (C) for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship.

Daniel Bryan (C) vs AJ Styles for the WWE Championship.

Brock Lesnar (C) vs Finn Balor for the WWE Universal Championship.

2019 Women's Royal Rumble match.

2019 Men's Royal Rumble match.

Confirmed Men's Royal Rumble Entrants (20/30):

R-Truth #30

Drew McIntyre

Big E

Kofi Kingston

Xavier Woods

Seth Rollins

Jeff Hardy

Dean Ambrose

Bobby Lashley

Samoa Joe

John Cena

Elias

Baron Corbin

Jinder Mahal

Apollo Crews

Andrade "Cien" Almas

Mustafa Ali

Rey Mysterio

Titus O'Neil

Randy Orton

Confirmed Women's Rumble Entrants (23/30):

Carmella #30

Ember Moon

Natalya

Bayley

Ruby Riott

Liv Morgan

Sarah Logan

Mandy Rose

Sonya Deville

Alicia Fox

Zelina Vega

Naomi

Mickie James

Billie Kay

Peyton Royce

Charlotte Flair

Tamina

Dana Brooke

Lana

Nia Jax

Nikki Cross

Alexa Bliss

Lacey Evans

20190109_RoyalRumble_temp_MurphyKalistoTozawaHideo--cee395661bbd57b75237585e7f12d56f.thumb.jpg.cd4f20576dd36aa808cb1b24b165c9a1.jpg20190110_RoyalRumble_TheBarMizShane--eebd85370f417b50cea2bce2f4e07876.thumb.jpg.c32a78081bf61cf10463e791bd7e2ef2.jpg20190110_RoyalRumble_RouseyBanks--e7411bfb6f20cdf1aaafbb18f09c87cf.thumb.jpg.520ef8193af0a44dcd6abbc3ea4565e2.jpg20190110_RoyalRumble_AsukaLynch--6b634c44fa859ec4fa05da2acc66b1c3.thumb.jpg.54db87b3ba407b433dd524d491e24e84.jpg20190110_RoyalRumble_BryanStyles--73da8a4ed2624e3ebd472ac8c7756fd3.thumb.jpg.c6f0c5605ef8a41ccbb17b881ba8351f.jpg20190114_RoyalRumble_BrockFinNB--348566e0d8d822f54b90df4605e24828.thumb.jpg.fba8378d304fd72e6a16be66a47e388b.jpg

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coulsd just be to spin the wheels, but I wouldn't be surprised if they won via shenanigans to take the titles to WM.  Or maybe the fabled Miz face turn so he can face Shane at WM?

Whatever way, Baracus is going to be seething.

I am not a fan of Shane McMahon.

He can get so far to f**k. He was only entertaining years ago when taking an absolute kicking and doing mad shit.

He just ruins everything he's in as he simply isn't believable. Those punches. Fucking hell. 

There's probably certain people that could get a good spectacle out of him, with the mad shit etc.  But Miz?  I like him, he's a solid worker, but he's not going to be someone that brings out this sideshow match kind of stuff that Shane's at least passably good at.

Any c**t gawn to Walkabout?

Just paid 6 quid for the privilege. Was decent a few years back but don't remember paying that the last time. I'm expecting a handy aff Paige included in this price.

3 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Surely the men’s rumble goes back on last this year? Can get the woman closing last year since it was the first one but just doesn’t feel right when the traditional rumble doesn’t close the show.

Unless the story calls for something else, I'd always have the men's on last.  Like, I can understand why the women's was on last year - it's the historic first, and they planned on having Ronda R. Rousey come out at the end.  And I could understand if they've got a huge title match that sets up something brilliant with the Rumble winner from earlier in the night.  Otherwise though, has to be the banner match on last.

Having said that, I could see them putting women's on last if the winner is either Lynch or Charlotte (which it will be) and sets up the big match for WM.  It's all about that final visual in the end, and although it's always going to be a good match, there's probably better stories leading out of the women's match than the men's.  

EDIT: Just listening to the WC podcast, and pitching the "final 4" to be set before number 30 comes out.  Then after everyone expects Carmella, out comes Becky, stealing the spot.  Place would go fucking mental, and if they do that I can easily see them have it on last.

After Carmella's showing in the triple threat on Smackdown doing that to her would be absolute shitebaggery.

(Unless down the line Carmella gets her own back on Becky either winning the title from her or costing her it)

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

R-Truth is number 30.

R-Truth.

^^^ DA doesn't ken what's up.

1 hour ago, cdisaaccie said:

After Carmella's showing in the triple threat on Smackdown doing that to her would be absolute shitebaggery.

(Unless down the line Carmella gets her own back on Becky either winning the title from her or costing her it)

Yeah, that's true.  It was a really poor decision in the long-run to offer that 30 spot to the MMC, particularly when everyone kept dropping out.  Only thing I can imagine is that they've always had something planned with this, although I know it's always dangerous ground crediting WWE with any kind of planning.  You can't even say that doing that to Carmella would garner her a face reaction, because the reaction to Becky getting it would be so huge that it'd be like when Mysterio took 30.  

Fantasy booking here, but if they're planning on going down that route, have Carmella give up her 30 spot in a segment backstage for "some reason".  Make it a complete mystery as to what's going on so no-one really knows what's going to go on at 30.  Then Becky comes out.  Carmella gets a later title-shot post WM, said she did it for da rock,for da people, or just to get it right up Rousey.  Or something.  

I know, I know. What's really going to happen is that Carmella and Truth will take up their respective spots, and lose.  Truth probably with some hilarious spot.

13 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Titus O'Neil confirmed for the Rumble. Please don't try and recreate THAT spot.

That's exactly what they'll do. They always kick the arse out of things.

They might tease it then have Titus stop and do a wry shake of the head, which would at least be amusing, but they'll probably go full on and ruin any humour.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

They might tease it then have Titus stop and do a wry shake of the head, which would at least be amusing, but they'll probably go full on and ruin any humour.

This is exactly what they should be doing. 

Watch them go to the ultimate extreme having Titus do the slide and as he's trying to get back out from under the ring Kofi lands on top of him and uses him to stay in the match. 

24 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Can see them doing a tease, chuckle chuckle chuckle, then go into the ring and get immediately eliminated.  The Santino spot.

18 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

This is exactly what they should be doing. 

Watch them go to the ultimate extreme having Titus do the slide and as he's trying to get back out from under the ring Kofi lands on top of him and uses him to stay in the match. 

This!  Let the mad b*****d try and flip out and land perfectly on Titus' back.  

Archived