Royal Rumble 2019

JamieStevenson

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Why would Becky come out after she won the women's rumble? Makes no fucking sense.

I’m assuming this is about my post. Apologies If not but I didn't say she she should have came back out. I said she should have been the only woman considered to take the number 30 spot. As soon as it was decided she was taking the women’s rumble then a star name should have been lined up at number 30 not Nia Jax. Still stand by that.

Ach you're taking it too seriously. Or adding logical thinking to an illogical situation.

In fairness, I think it'd have been great to see Charlotte come out and win it, if they somehow got Strowman out the way beforehand.

Women's Rumble:
Winner - The Naitch

Least time spent in the ring - westcoastfifer

Men's Rumble:
Winner -  CEMSFC

Least time spent in the ring - Lyle Lanley

Congrats to both The Naitch and CEMSFC for winning the royal rumble pool. 

Are folk still seriously saying that a woman should have won the men's Rumble? Incredibly moronic stuff. Also having Lynch in the spot that Jax took is stupid as Jax was only in it for her size, but was still eliminated easily. Lynch being eliminated easily would have killed a lot of her heat.

Anyway, men's Rumble was average. Probably the right winner, although I would have had no complaints over McIntyre or Strowman winning it. Crowd were pretty dead. Re 'legends' in it, I'm struggling to come up with any who would add any value. Oh and in the second Kofi spot he quite clearly had his feet on the ground!

Woman's was good and much better, helped by a crowd who were still awake. Glad that they went with the obvious winner here.

Enjoyed both woman's title matches. Banks/Rousey probably just shaded it, but both were really good bouts. 

Bryan/AJ was fairly dull, not helped by a crowd that was very quiet. The Rowan stuff seems like a typical Vince move. I mind Jericho was forever getting a 'heater'. This will be the same thing I expect, although going by how they had him dressed he's obviously someone who buys in to Bryan's message.

Brock vs Balor was good. Lesnar is looking increasingly vulnerable given his match with Bryan and this showing here. Hopefully this will fit in to the narrative for his Mania match with Rollins. Comically he appeared absolutely gassed as usual.

Saw someone mention the commentators pretending to forget that Strowman and Rollins were still in.

Ugh. I hate that stuff and it happens every year. Overused pish, just like every wrestler running in and hitting their big moves right away.

it’s all set up for seth rollins to deliver a curb stomp
Called it.

Haven't watched this for months but enjoyed it for the most part. Lynch losing set up her rumble win, I seen that having kept up to date through Jamie Stevensons posts on here. She is a cut above though so it makes complete sense for her to headline the women's match at mania. Tag match and surprisingly aj Bryan match I skimmed through. Aj is one of the only things I enjoyed before I stopped watching. Lesnar did a good job with balor who is vastly overated but has a good entrance. Was obvious lesnar wouldn't lose though so a pointless match. Was stuck between laughing and cringing at hornswoggle coming out, makes you wonder if they are snuck in or lying watching the matt come toward them for hours. Typical vince move having Titus reference last year and follow it up in similar fashion. Mens rumble seemed obvious as soon as rollins took the table spot. Strowman going out like that and the commentators saying about it so much without following it up confirmed it. Nia jax was done poorly, is she not meant to be a heel? Her stupid smile the whole time fucked that for me. Truth coming in at 30 would have been worse though. Good ppv, but I won't watch raw or elimination chamber next month. The best stuff they had all involved the women. The story's seem brutal though!

Guest bernardblack

Bugged me that Cole said something along the lines of “what an embarrassment it would be to be eliminated Gargano”

Way to bury him straight away

16 hours ago, grumswall said:

Called it.

I posted this absolutely hammered as well. Woke up yesterday morning and saw my request a bet on Rollins/ Lynch to win, Lesnar/ Styles to retain and McIntyre most eliminations came through so 215 quid as well. :lol:

Rewatched the Rumble matches yesterday as I couldn't remember anything past Lana's attempted entrance and thought they were both fine. The Women's was probably the better of the two and made Charlotte look class and a proper monster. Ace pop for Becky at the end as well. The Men's Rumble was worse than the last couple of years but made up for it having good showings from Gargano and especially Dunne and Black. Dunne with the nasty looking joint manipulation and Ambrose selling the Black Mass like Shawn Michaels selling a Hogan Big Boot.

1 hour ago, JamieStevenson said:

There's absolutely no way Drew McIntyre had most eliminations. Strowman had 4 solo eliminations and Drew had 3. Then they had a joint one on Jeff Hardy.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh before they realise :lol:i got paid out from Sky Bet too. Certainly got away with one. At best I was hoping for dead heat rules .

826622B0-B911-4350-A9C0-7886C72CA1C5.jpeg

1A5ED243-D3A0-45AD-96BE-7F359114EDF9.png

5 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh before they realise :lol:i got paid out from Sky Bet too. Certainly got away with one. At best I was hoping for dead heat rules .

6 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

There's absolutely no way Drew McIntyre had most eliminations. Strowman had 4 solo eliminations and Drew had 3. Then they had a joint one on Jeff Hardy.

The thing is it settled as a loser for at least 6 hours before it resettled as a winner. Obvs I emptied my account as soon as it came up saying there was 215 in. :lol:

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

The thing is it settled as a loser for at least 6 hours before it resettled as a winner. Obvs I emptied my account as soon as it came up saying there was 215 in. :lol:

hahaha yup same mate couldn’t lift it out quick enough. They settled mine 1 at a time every 20 mins or so. 

On 28/01/2019 at 21:06, bernardblack said:

Bugged me that Cole said something along the lines of “what an embarrassment it would be to be eliminated Gargano”

Way to bury him straight away

That bugged the f**k out of me. Buries both guys.

9 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

Had the same bets mate but a fiver on each. :thumsup2

Archived