Royal Rumble 2019

JamieStevenson

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The roster is more stacked with talent than it's ever been, but that rumble match showed the real lack of stars. Cena is semi retired and Reigns might never be back, they need to start building new believable main eventers asap.

I've no idea why Mustafa Ali had to take that humiliating elimination in a match that had Curt Hawkins and No Way Jose in it.

A show that started off very well but went downhill, length of it didn’t help either. I’m fine with Rollins winning, it’s probably the best option at the minute, but it did feel very meh. As said above, WWE’s roster is stacked, but the number of main event stars is very, very low and they’re going to be in trouble unless they fix that soon. 

Anyway, Becky Lynch won and that’s all that matters.

Literally anyone else could have took R-truths spot. KO or Sami? AJ? Even fucking EC3 or something and he’s not even said a word yet. That was the drizzling shits.

ETA could have even dealt with it if they had given Becky that spot if she hadn’t won the woman’s one cause it would have made sense why Nia?

Don’t normally do full reviews as i tend to have a minority opinion but I don’t know what to make of the show and feel let down in the majority again by WWE. 

First pre show match did nothing for me. Don’t like Roode and Gable at the best of times though so a biased opinion. 

Decent second bout but Nakamura winning the title again is pointless in my eyes. Lana getting in the way sets up the Becky Lynch spot later but I’m tired of watching Rusev get wasted and tired of Lana. Him and Nakamura on the pre show is evidence enough of just how bad WWE are at booking their talent. 

Next up the fatal four way. I never watch the cruiserweights much but oh my what a treat. I loved that and have to say they are fantastic. That and NXT are miles ahead of the main roster in terms of what they deliver. 

Women’s championship match up first on the main show. Fantastic match and Asuka was the correct woman to win regardless of what was happening later in the night. Only thing I didn’t like was Lynch being submitted. Felt it deflated me a little (didn’t make her weaker as such) but after the last few months and knowing what was likely to come I felt it doesn’t exactly make her look strong in the face of Rousey (hopefully makes sense). 

Up next lets waste arguably two of the best wrestlers and a cracking tag team in the bar to further set up a match that absolutely no one wants. Such potential to get Bryan and Miz at Mania in a incredible story line. Fast forward a few months and the miz is wasted with this pish when he was arguably at his hottest too. Scunnering.

Sasha v Rousey was a good match and again highlights how far the womans division has come. Rousey getting a pinfal victory was unusual first one I have seen her get. Happy with the match and will see where the story develops from here. Maybe in the minority but down the line the 4 horseman of NXT v MMA could be good. 

Women's rumble up next. Quite a decent rumble thought it was a lot better than last years. There is some fantastic talent coming through from NXT too. Disappointed in Nikki Cross. Got a great reaction but I just don’t buy her character. Maybe because we had a few years of her here but it needs a lot of work. As soon as Lana hobbled her way out we knew what was happening. Crowd are delighted and it sets up a few weeks of her and Flair arguing as she wasn’t an official entrant before we potentially get the triple threat an mania. Good booking for a rare change. 

As per Styles and Bryan put on a quality match followed by one of the most underwhelming finishes and underwhelming returns I have ever seen. Probably because it came after the Women's rumble but this finish just seemed to suck the life out me. 

Lesnar had one of his best matches for me in a long time. Once or twice I actually thought Balor was going to get the win. I know plenty people won’t be happy Lesnar steamrollers on but I felt Balor looked and great whilst Lesnar winning was the best outcome. Not fantastic but better than I expected for sure.

Mens rumble. Was going to write so much more about this but instead its simple just to sum it up as absolute garbage with a few key points for me. Mcintyre wasted to feud again with Ziggler is sickening his booking at the rumble was a travesty. Black hopefully stepping up is good news but don’t waste him with Ambrose please. Strowman continuing to fade into a nothing. No idea what is in store for him at mania but what waste (again). No returns, no surprises really, no........f**k all to get remotely excited about tbh. If it wasn’t Becky Lynch to enter at 30 then it had to be a star act to take out R-Truth. No its Nia fucking Jax. The shite thing is this will get loads of positive attention because its the women's revolution and it further develops the equality aspect but for me it was a total let down. Not the time to do it. Stupid booking save it for another time when it will mean something. Done for the sheer sake of it. Save it for when it would really matter. No one gives a f**k after watching Becky Lynch. Rollins winning.......obvious winner and a shite ending to a shite main event. 

I did enjoy a lot of things. I loved the cruiserweights match pre show but other than the womens  matches and the womens rumble It further reinforces my view that WWE needs a major creative overhaul. 

Does beg the question what’s going to happen to Harper when he comes back? Bludgeon Brothers gimmick dead and buried?

Honestly surprised we didn’t get a betrayal by the Miz to set up Miz vs Shane at Mania.. still time, I guess

Surprised none of Undisputed Era or Sanity were in the Men’s Rumble

2 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

If it wasn’t Becky Lynch to enter at 30 then it had to be a star act to take out R-Truth. No its Nia fucking Jax. The shite thing is this will get loads of positive attention because its the women's revolution and it further develops the equality aspect but for me it was a total let down. Not the time to do it. Stupid booking save it for another time when it will mean something. Done for the sheer sake of it. Save it for when it would really matter. No one gives a f**k after watching Becky Lynch. Rollins winning.......obvious winner and a shite ending to a shite main event.

The whole Nia thing struck me as the writers thinking they were Vince Russo. "They're expecting Becky, so let's do that but SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERVE!!!!!!!!"

2 hours ago, Tap in 94 said:

Imo it would have been better for Lars Sullivan to help Bryan rather than Eric Rowan. 

He went AWOL and has only just started getting in contact with folk again. There was literally no chance of that happening, and I imagine he'll be out a bit longer.

1 hour ago, Dave1875 said:

Does beg the question what’s going to happen to Harper when he comes back? Bludgeon Brothers gimmick dead and buried?

Honestly surprised we didn’t get a betrayal by the Miz to set up Miz vs Shane at Mania.. still time, I guess

Surprised none of Undisputed Era or Sanity were in the Men’s Rumble

I think Harper might be one of the ones to benefit from being a guy that AEW would love to sign. He'll probably end up with Bryan's new crew or back with Wyatt for the 100th time though.

Archived