Best game for a neutral this Saturday?

The real Dembele

With Larkhall Thistle being on the receiving end of an act of mercy this Saturday and not having a game, I'm looking for an alternative to go to.

I thought of Talbot v Cumnock but I've been a few times and it never really lived up to the hype when I've been there, especially at Auchinleck so probably not worth the trek. I also considered (believe it or not) St Roch's v Shotts as it's handy but they probably have Larkhall detectors fitted by now and would be able to spot me so possibly not. Troon v Pollok also appeals with the sea air factor added and possible upset.

Or should I just go and watch my other local team Royal Albert in the league?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The real Dembele said:

With Larkhall Thistle being on the receiving end of an act of mercy this Saturday and not having a game, I'm looking for an alternative to go to.

I thought of Talbot v Cumnock but I've been a few times and it never really lived up to the hype when I've been there, especially at Auchinleck so probably not worth the trek. I also considered (believe it or not) St Roch's v Shotts as it's handy but they probably have Larkhall detectors fitted by now and would be able to spot me so possibly not.

TrD, your very welcome to come along to JMP on Saturday for the cup game St Roch's v Shotts Bon Accord. I'll take it further and offer to pay your admission  and throw in a free Pie and Bovril. You can even wear a red and black scarf if you wish. A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet. Get yourself along to the Candy this weekend,  you know you really want to.

45 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

the most intriguing tie is Lanark Vs Kilsyth .
St Rochs handy tbh it's nowhere near Larkhall but if that is the case then 5 minutes along the road ais Rossvale Vs Cambuslang .

Would agree Chris, but I think Glens v Kilbirnie will be decent. Really fancy the Glens to win. We played Kilbirnie in a friendly and, I know it was a friendly, but on the basis of that I would fancy the Glens to win. Won't be surprised if they are the bookies favourites 

Would agree Chris, but I think Glens v Kilbirnie will be decent. Really fancy the Glens to win. We played Kilbirnie in a friendly and, I know it was a friendly, but on the basis of that I would fancy the Glens to win. Won't be surprised if they are the bookies favourites 
Fancy a Glens win myself Dan
Kilbirnie not in any kind of form
Be interesting to see what kind a odds mcbookie and Ladbrokes offering this weekend

12 hours ago, The real Dembele said:

I thought of Talbot v Cumnock but I've been a few times and it never really lived up to the hype when I've been there, especially at Auchinleck so probably not worth the trek. I also considered (believe it or not) St Roch's v Shotts as it's handy but they probably have Larkhall detectors fitted by now and would be able to spot me so possibly not. Troon v Pollok also appeals with the sea air factor added and possible upset.

Or should I just go and watch my other local team Royal Albert in the league?

Mate let us know if you are coming to St Roch's and as Glenconnor has indicated you will be treated as our guest. Think it will be a very good game against a Shotts team who are in great form.

Contrary to popular myth St Roch's and Larkhall Thistle have a great working relationship and you would be made very welcome - I will even lend you my St Roch's scarf (or is that too far :)

54 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Get yersel along tae a Lowland League game, may as well see whit the future looks like lol

East Kilbride v Gretna  :thumsup2

You'ld be better going to Edinburgh Zoo. Better class of cage there

Archived