Supporting yer local

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 17:22, King Kebab said:

If that's your thing, next time your mob is at the Nou Bayview, come a bit earlier and head through Leven and onto Largo and check out the "Local" Pictish Cross!!!
https://senchus.wordpress.com/2012/11/27/largo-pictish-stone/amp/

King Kebab - as you seem to have a fondness for steam locomotives, why not try to schedule in a visit to the Caledonian Railway next time you visit Brechin!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Old Diamond said:

King Kebab - as you seem to have a fondness for steam locomotives, why not try to schedule in a visit to the Caledonian Railway next time you visit Brechin!

Do they "CHOO-FUCKIN'-CHOO"???

@L. Brilliant

Loved your post, after 5 years I still get a tear in my eye when The Rovers come out at Starks Park, as I know my dad isn’t there with me.

Put a tile up for him, and even my son and I’s ritual of touching the tile before and at half time is emotional.

All hail the lost dad’s/mums/uncles/other influential adults that started us on our football supporting journeys.

Brilliant thread.

I can remember hanging around in Miller St, with my pals, 4 o'clockish until the gates opened & we'd run in to catch the 2nd half at Boghead. If the game was crap we'd run around the place, probably annoying hell out of folk. My uncle would take me to matches if he was free on a Saturday, if not it was a case of a group of us trying to 'juke in' via gardens in Dumbuie Avenue.

Some things really stick with you, if there was a decent crowd - the old guy walking round the ground selling "spearmint chewing gum...macaroon bars!" Those wee square packets of Beechnut Chewing Gum.  Pies dripping with grease. Always had an affinity with Sons' goalkeepers for some reason, Lawrie Williams was a god to me, invincible at times, later Tam Carson was decent too. Certain players also, big Donald McNeil, Graeme Sharp, the Whitefords Derek & Jocky, the Coyles.

Sir Hugh Fraser, Alex Wright.

I never had a season book at old Boghead, just paid when I could afford to go, usually with pals.

Happy memories

Seems like this thread is probably coming to an end soon unfortunately.

I just want to give a big shout out to everyone sharing their stories and their love for their club. I started this due to being bored at work tbh but all these stories are touching. I’m a wee bit younger, only 22, but can feel through messages people’s emotions at certain times in their clubs history that I really didn’t know much about or know any of the players mentioned.

Huge respect to everyone!

Mon the wee teams!

I lived a couple of hundred yards from Old Bayview and have vague recollections of standing at our front gate with my dad and him asking  neighbours as they passed how the Fife had played. 

My dad only went occasionally So when old enough I started the sneaking in/lifted over/half time route but as someone wrote earlier probably spent more time running around the terracing than watching the game.

So many memories but a couple at random are firstly, when a bit older, meeting at the Tower Bar, having a couple of pints then being able to go into the game with a half bottle and not having to hide it. Secondly taking my daughter to her first game around 35? Years ago. EF were at Alloa and memory fails me but the Fife needed a result to either avoid relegation or stay in the promotion race. We were standing  near a group of younger Fife supporters when an equivelant group of Alloa supporters passed squaring up and shouting get into these Methil b******ds  etc etc.  It was amusing rather than scary but  my daughter was terrified, started crying and I had to take her home.

She never wanted to go back but when she went to Uni she started watching Aberdeen but fortunately she has got over that illness but doesn’t go to football.

Archived