Irvine Meadow 2018/19

Shannon

Not been a thread on Irvine Meadow this season. Since the Kilwinning Rangers game where we won 1-0 after 1 point from our first 8 games we have turned our season around and up to respectable 9th place from bottom. A few defeats in a row and any team from mid table could get sucked back into relegation zone so hopefully we can keep picking up points.

I reckon we still need 3 or 4 more wins in 10 games to guarantee safety. 40 points is total I would like to see Meadow to get to hopefully.

Remaining Fixtures subject to change due to Scottish Junior Cup and postponements.

Saturday 12th January

Ardagh Group West of Scotland Cup 2nd Round

Beith v Irvine Meadow (1.30pm)

Saturday 19th January

McBookie West Region Premiership

Kilwinning Rangers v Irvine Meadow (1.45pm)

Saturday 26th January

Irvine Meadow v Petershill (1.45pm)

Saturday 2nd February

Irvine Meadow v Cumnock (2pm)

Saturday 9th February

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy v Irvine Meadow (2pm)

Saturday 16th February

Irvine Meadow v Renfrew (2pm)

Saturday 23rd February

Irvine Meadow v Largs Thistle (2pm)

Saturday 2nd March

Glenafton v Irvine Meadow (2pm)

Saturday 9th March

Irvine Meadow v Cambuslang Rangers (2pm)

Saturday 16th March

Auchinleck Talbot v Irvine Meadow (2pm)

Saturday 23rd March

Irvine Meadow v Beith (2pm)

Current Playing Squad:

Goalkeepers:

Shaun Newman

Michael White 

Defenders:

Mark McLennan  

Callum Gow

James Latta

Darren Miller

Jared Willet

Midfielders

Rhys Devlin

Ben Carson 

Reece Pearson

Ryan Carnwath

Colin Spence

Jordan McGuire

Andy McLaughlin

Strikers

Graham Boyd 

Eddie McTernan 

Ciaron Smith 

Aaron Connolly

Darren Jones 

Roddy Paterson

Brendan Sharpe (on loan from Queens Park)

Dual Contracts with under 19 team

Liam Wells 

Paddy Woods

G3wPy-RV_400x400.jpg

I was speaking to Brian McGinty's dad quite a few times at the start of the season (he was coming to our Walking Football sessions) and he was quite pessimistic at the time about the season so far. I remember saying to him that one positive result could turn things round, though, and your win away to Troon seemed to do exactly that.

Is Div Mackay still with Irvine Meadow ? I notice he's not on your squad list.

The turnaround in the league cannot be understated.

First 8 games were W 0 D 1 L 7

The next 12 were W 8 D 1 L 3

Definitely a season that can be built on for the the future and from the hell of the 5 - 1 @  Renfrew and 7 - 0 @ Largs to wins over Hurlford and Troon and despite the lose the performance against Talbot all make the season far more positive

It is Dan McKay (striker) from Meadows team last season that moved to Troon.

Div MacKay (David MacKay) Meadow left back has not got a new club as far as I know but not been at games / training or in our squads since about September. Jared Willet is our current first choice left back.

David MacKay put in some very good performances for few games last season in particularly v Glencairn away but Jared established himself at left back position and been very consistent there.

• 3 weeks later...

3rd in the table. Fair enough the league is topsy turvy with a lot of teams playing a different amount of games but what a turn around indeed. From losing 5-1 to Renfrew, 4-0 to Cumnock and 7-0 to Largs. Amazing medda!

I’d be able to take you more serious if you actually claimed to support a club.

As much as we were loving getting shagged every week, it’s a bit of a weird statement to make about the timing of the thread. There’s been a meadow thread every year on P&B basically since it started but never too much discussion because we have our own forum.

The bubble has burst before if you remember, a couple of times in my lifetime. The fans stuck by.

You’ll have to explain the ‘typical meadow fans’ thing to me. You should cast you mind back to 3/4 years ago when the club was almost out of the game (a bit like your local junior team now) when a group of 50/60 Meadow diehards got together and bought shares in the club to get them out the mess that the previous committee had left us in. The club is only now getting back on our feet.

Edited by .Stuart.

Find the timing of this thread interesting to say the least, Why wasn’t it started when the 4-0, 5-1 and 7-0 losses were occurring?

The worst kind of football supporters that only sing when there winning is pathetic.

What will happen when the bubble bursts?

Typical Irvine medda fans.

I started the thread after we got beat by Talbot. If your not interested in Meadow then don't reply it's clearly a thread on Irvine Meadow.

The support have stuck by our team, was a healthy away support at our big losses and been rewarded with watching Meadow climb the table but cause we didn't come on here to create a thread greeting about it we are pathetic [emoji23] [emoji23] . There was plenty of moaning on our Facebook page and forum etc if you wanted to read Meadow fans moaning to get your kicks batter in on there.

Personally I don't see point coming on to a public forum and slating my own team every week, rather go and continue to watch them every week and get behind the team as every team in the top league can turn there season around with a few wins in a row like we have. Been an enjoyable turnaround after watching a few big losses at start of season, massive credit to all our players and management for turnaround plus the promotion last season too after another great run of form for 5/6 months at end of last season too.

You guys are something else, I can see through your commitment like glass. The fact you’ve reacted and wrote your “Facts” like a book just shows its hit a nerve, Therefore the truth hurts.

Always think your a big club it’s embarrassing without the Golf mans money.

I do support a team - F.C. Anyone but the medda.

39 minutes ago, Offside lino said:

You guys are something else, I can see through your commitment like glass. The fact you’ve reacted and wrote your “Facts” like a book just shows its hit a nerve, Therefore the truth hurts.

You need to get out more. 

3d golf went bankrupt nearly 10 years ago.

Meadow were a successful and much respected Junior team for many decades before and since have still managed to get promotion last season and then be competitive in the Premiership after a poor start. We have a great team spirit and a squad of players who have given 110% every game for last couple of seasons.

We probably still need a win or two for safety but hoping we can finish in top half of table.

There's no denying the Medda have pulled off a superb turnaround after their appalling start to the season when they seemed to be everybody's favourites for the drop. Very well done to them. Some folk need to get out more, or consider a full frontal lobotomy with their unwarranted criticism. 

5 hours ago, tombo said:

Watched you guys last week at Abbey Park as our game was off. Best team won IMO felt 2-1 flattered the Buffs, definitely massive turnaround from your early season stuff. Fair play to you.
T

I echo this post by tombo! Medda were better organised than Buffs, closed us down pretty quickly, and although it's a wrench admitting it, to our closest rivals, deserved their victory.  Credit where it's due though,on the  massive turnaround ,and great run of results! All the best for the rest of the season guys, and look forward to Buffs getting revenge next season! ;)

Edited by The Bluebells Are Blue