Shafted again with the bookies.

7 minutes ago, Loki said:

In terms and conditions (and in stats compiling) a shot that hits the frame of the goal is off target.

After the keeper saved it. Thats a shot on target. So many people appear to be complaining but the official stance is because the referee gave a goal kick then they are treating it as a shot off target. 

37 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

After the keeper saved it. Thats a shot on target. So many people appear to be complaining but the official stance is because the referee gave a goal kick then they are treating it as a shot off target. 

I just assumed it hit the post unaided when I saw it.  Replay shows the faintest of touches,  Hopefully they see sense and pay out.

3 minutes ago, Loki said:

I just assumed it hit the post unaided when I saw it.  Replay shows the faintest of touches,  Hopefully they see sense and pay out.

I wouldn’t mind if it was something like that mate tbh. Can’t guarantee a touch so its void. Something like that would have left me pissed off but accepting it. To say because the referee gave a goal kick its not a shot on target. So going by that logic if the referee gave a corner and the keeper was no where near it they would pay out as a shot on target. Would they f**k

Refusing to pay out to customers. Actually scunnered now. As if its a big pay out im due. Sickened. 

C85600BA-CF9F-47DE-9AF7-085CCBB3A65E.thumb.png.20b3aa85be629cb90967a422f9800f12.png
2531EB61-77DF-48E6-97A0-D8E3AA0DDDAA.thumb.png.86212584663ddcc209e5ad1b9a188163.png
E82EE0FB-D004-45A0-85D3-EFA19B752946.jpeg.edb1d5de683b9ac06e89b98d9c07a9e5.jpeg

I had the same bet on but can’t see them paying out. Similar thing happened last season with a corner for PSG which they did eventually pay out after originally saying the ref blew for FT before the corner was taken.

Bet 365 classed it as a shot on target and even sky sports news reported it being a save so they may change their minds in the morning but I wouldn’t hold my breath

It's pretty poor when their own commentary has it down as a save which of course means it's a shot on target.

Slightly off topic and I'm sure you're all aware of this, however one way you can sometimes gain revenge on the Bookie is by backing "No goalscorer" as opposed to a 0-0 draw or under 0.5 markets. Basically if there's an OG attributed to the goalscorer then your bet is still paid out and generally there's little to no difference in the odds on offer.

What it means is that you can theoretically win twice on the same result, ie backing a 1-0 scoreline and a no goalscorer bet would get you both bets up in the event of an own goal being scored.

Apologies if I'm boring anyone !!

It's in the terms and conditions that they go with OPTA stats and that's final and tbh it's a fair way to go as at least everybody knows where they stand and as the ref gave a goal kick then it wasn't a save.  

So technically it was the ref that screwed this up for them but it would have been good PR for sky if they had came out and said the ref had made a mistook and paid out on the bets but it must have been going to cost them a few bob

On 09/01/2019 at 12:43, gameofthrones said:

It's in the terms and conditions that they go with OPTA stats and that's final and tbh it's a fair way to go as at least everybody knows where they stand and as the ref gave a goal kick then it wasn't a save.  

So technically it was the ref that screwed this up for them but it would have been good PR for sky if they had came out and said the ref had made a mistook and paid out on the bets but it must have been going to cost them a few bob

You need to go to IBAS mate and let SkyBet know that you intend to do so. Informing them of this along with letting sky know you plan on sharing it on social media platforms will ensure you get paid out, even if they do so as a gesture of good will. They can hide behind opta stats all they want, but the screenshots of their own commentary will see them pay out on this if you do decide to use IBAS. It's free to use and normally gets resolved quickly. Have used them myself on three occasions and have had my bet settled every time.

https://www.ibas-uk.com/

Edited by LincolnHearts

1 hour ago, LincolnHearts said:

You need to go to IBAS mate and let SkyBet know that you intend to do so. Informing them of this along with letting sky know you plan on sharing it on social media platforms will ensure you get paid out, even if they do so as a gesture of good will. They can hide behind opta stats all they want, but the screenshots of their own commentary will see them pay out on this if you do decide to use IBAS. It's free to use and normally gets resolved quickly. Have used them myself on three occasions and have had my bet settled every time.

https://www.ibas-uk.com/

Thank you very much mate i will do that cheers. 

2 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

Thank you very much mate i will do that cheers. 

Bookies boil my piss when they welch on bets like yours mate. Imagine how many folk might have slung a fiver on a bet like that. They shouldn't be allowed to run bets like these if they continue to get out of paying a winner using a technicality on opta-stats (which I'm sure they have something to do with).

It is fucking scandalous. They should be paying out and not hiding because their liabilities on an outcome might lose them a few quid.

13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'm all on Diamond's side here obviously, but do bookies ever rule against the referee when deciding bets?

If a goalie tipped the ball over the bar and the ref didn't give a corner for example, then sadly there is f**k all a punter can do if they had a bet on corners.

In this bet though, it would appear that Shaqiri DID have a shot on target in the bet timeband and THEIR OWN text commentary (skybet) would back this up.

The bet that Diamond has placed is a winner all day long and skybet should be settling it as such.

4 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

If a goalie tipped the ball over the bar and the ref didn't give a corner for example, then sadly there is f**k all a punter can do if they had a bet on corners.

In this bet though, it would appear that Shaqiri DID have a shot on target in the bet timeband and THEIR OWN text commentary (skybet) would back this up.

The bet that Diamond has placed is a winner all day long and skybet should be settling it as such.

Don't know if there is such a thing, but what if other people had bet on shots off target? Should the bookie go with the ref or the guy doing the text commentary?