This time with Alan Partridge

Billy Rubin

26 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

As much as I like Sidekick Simon's character, that whole bit doesn't sit well with me. Why would a temporary presenter have been allowed to bring along his own sidekick for that role?

Either the screen was aliways part of the show, but someone else used to use it (in which case, where did they go?) or it has been introduced to the show purely at the behest of Alan despite him originally only being scheduled to do the show for a couple of weeks.

It makes the character seem shoehorned in a bit too much, as funny as those segments are.

Can't read this post without hearing it in the voice of Alan Partridge - lovely touch that sets it apart.

Didn't laugh much on first viewing with the third episode (putting that down to being in the throes of a hangover at the time)  but laughed a lot more on a rewatch - think some of the jokes didn't set in right first time around but it helps to try to build a mental picture for some of the jokes in order to appreciate more fully (cats hissing at noel edmonds, chicken head ripped off in car park etc.)

Gets better with every viewing, much like The One That Got Away by Chris Ryan.

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
25 minutes ago, Of Average Intelligence said:
Got a soft spot for Partridge but this is a lost cause. Just isn't working out at all. 

How do you feel being a boring troll on a football website is working out?

Not great.

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

As much as I like Sidekick Simon's character, that whole bit doesn't sit well with me. Why would a temporary presenter have been allowed to bring along his own sidekick for that role?

Either the screen was aliways part of the show, but someone else used to use it (in which case, where did they go?) or it has been introduced to the show purely at the behest of Alan despite him originally only being scheduled to do the show for a couple of weeks.

It makes the character seem shoehorned in a bit too much, as funny as those segments are.

I'd have thought the fact he's back on prime time TV after killing a guest would be more of an issue.

I thought it was tremendous last night. Absolutely went at: "Originally titled a different kind of abuse at the BBC, and then in brackets, not sexual" :lol: Can't believe they got away with putting that in tbh :lol:

Edited by Ross Forbes