This time with Alan Partridge

Billy Rubin

Also the way he sits really close to the other presenter like a lovesick schoolboy. "I'd like to tickle your pink!"
Susannah Fielding is excellent with her understated reactions to those sort of comments from Partridge.

56 minutes ago, printer said:
23 hours ago, GordonD said:
Also the way he sits really close to the other presenter like a lovesick schoolboy. "I'd like to tickle your pink!"

Susannah Fielding is excellent with her understated reactions to those sort of comments from Partridge.

As in last week's episode where he showed the pad to camera with the word COCKSUCKER written on it and she slapped it down without even pausing with what she was saying.

Additionally,  I'm loving this bit where he's skipping out of the door complete with shades and driving gloves first thing in the morning. 

Epitomises the character beautifully:

Gloves-wanker.JPG.46614726b0daa7325c09ae291b9615b2.JPG

Also, I only noticed this discrete bit on a second watching where he's clearly f***ed his scene up.  :lol:

School.JPG.5aee081c586d2f6c27de6b244231cb18.JPG

There was a running joke in the second series about something in his hotel room drawer that he didn't want anybody to see. It was never revealed on screen but Armando Ianucci later said it was a magazine called 'Fat Dutch Women on the Toilet'.

As much as I like Sidekick Simon's character, that whole bit doesn't sit well with me. Why would a temporary presenter have been allowed to bring along his own sidekick for that role?

Either the screen was aliways part of the show, but someone else used to use it (in which case, where did they go?) or it has been introduced to the show purely at the behest of Alan despite him originally only being scheduled to do the show for a couple of weeks.

It makes the character seem shoehorned in a bit too much, as funny as those segments are.