Aberdeen FC vs Stenhousemuir FC, Scottish Cup Revenge

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very easy night for Aberdeen. barring a sloppy start to the second half where they'd clearly taken the foot off the pedal. Could have been a bit hairy if Stenny got a second but that own goal- wow. A superb header.

Stenny were utterly outclassed in the opening 45 but did show some positive stuff in the second. Enjoyed watching Andy Munro's performance at the back and Graeme Smith squeaking instructions to his teammates.

What a brainless own goal, in the top five of all I've seen.

Aberdeen were very professional, and easily deserved to go on to play Dundee, er, QoS, in a live televised match :rolleyes:

Thought the Warriors started well, but Aberdeen showed the huge positional difference between the clubs with the first half display. However, Cosgrove should have been penalised for a penalty, after being warned, at a home corner first half. Think it was 2-0 at the time.

Stenhousemuir started well in the second, and it was no surprise when they scored. However, the o.g. made certain, if there was any need, that an unlikely comeback wasn't going to happen. The Dons themselves should have had a second half penalty, and then, well before the end, the warmer pub beckoned.

Enjoyable night in Stenhousemuir.

Positives from tonight:

Superb first half. Good performances from Shinnie, Ferguson, Wright, Mackay-Steven, Stewart and nice to see Ethan Ross get a few minutes.

Brilliant og right in front of me.

Good hot dog.

Negatives from tonight:

Some of our fans. Particularly those singing a disgusting song about Ryan Jack and the Ian Durrant song, get over it lads, particularly when we’re not even playing Rangers.

And two or three idiots right behind me who thought it funny all night to say “oh, it’s Sh*tey on the ball again” every time Scott Wright got the ball. Also pretty constant abuse for Shinnie, Logan, Mackay-Steven and McGinn. Who needs your support guys? Stay away.

But nice to be in the next round in a comfortable manner, apart from letting Stenhousemuir play with us for 15 minutes or so at the start of the second half. Let’s make sure Stephen Debbie is kept quiet at Pittodrie.

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Enjoyable night in Stenhousemuir.

Positives from tonight:

Superb first half. Good performances from Shinnie, Ferguson, Wright, Mackay-Steven, Stewart and nice to see Ethan Ross get a few minutes.

Brilliant og right in front of me.

Good hot dog.

Negatives from tonight:

Some of our fans. Particularly those singing a disgusting song about Ryan Jack and the Ian Durrant song, get over it lads, particularly when we’re not even playing Rangers.

And two or three idiots right behind me who thought it funny all night to say “oh, it’s Sh*tey on the ball again” every time Scott Wright got the ball. Also pretty constant abuse for Shinnie, Logan, Mackay-Steven and McGinn. Who needs your support guys? Stay away.

But nice to be in the next round in a comfortable manner, apart from letting Stenhousemuir play with us for 15 minutes or so at the start of the second half. Let’s make sure Stephen Debbie is kept quiet at Pittodrie.

Why not man up & tell them there & then?

Archived