Aberdeen FC vs Stenhousemuir FC, Scottish Cup Revenge

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to this and having been there in 1995, am taking nothing for granted - despite the smart money being on the "big team" normally winning these replays comfortably.

We could do with freshening up the team from the last few games - Mackay-Steven in particular is way off his game, and may be better as a bench option.  Guys like McLennan and Wright may do us a turn in this one. 

Cosgrove seems to play better with May next to him - which wasn't the case in the first match, where the Ballon d'Or candidate had his quiestest game in months.

23 hours ago, tarapoa said:

I am going to this and having been there in 1995, am taking nothing for granted - despite the smart money being on the "big team" normally winning these replays comfortably.

We could do with freshening up the team from the last few games - Mackay-Steven in particular is way off his game, and may be better as a bench option.  Guys like McLennan and Wright may do us a turn in this one. 

Cosgrove seems to play better with May next to him - which wasn't the case in the first match, where the Ballon d'Or candidate had his quiestest game in months.

Think GMS is a confidence player and needs games to get that back so would like to see him start. Think we lacked width on Saturday with Stewart, May and Cosgrove playing. I would be tempted to drop one of them (probably Stewart as agree with your comments on May and Cosgrove) to allow McLennan, McGinn or Wright to play.

I had to drink a lot to wipe 95 game from my memory.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Hoban was a cert. to start because we have no other defenders.

McGinn was almost personally responsible for the game being played in 1st gear last week. Wright is just a weakling and is feckin pish into the bargain.

We desperately need to avoid slipping into the pattern of easy oasy 10 yard passes across the midfield, which has really cost us over the last 2 games.

52 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Hoban was a cert. to start because we have no other defenders.

McGinn was almost personally responsible for the game being played in 1st gear last week. Wright is just a weakling and is feckin pish into the bargain.

We desperately need to avoid slipping into the pattern of easy oasy 10 yard passes across the midfield, which has really cost us over the last 2 games.

AC485C8B-4364-4EF8-A74A-BCC12E2DF3A9.png

Archived