Aberdeen FC vs Stenhousemuir FC, Scottish Cup Revenge

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Just a technicality, as I wasn't at the game but am interested having attended the Stenhousemuir win in the last round: a player cannot be "offside when he gets the ball".

I think that 99.9% of people going to football matches know that the offside law applies when the ball is kicked, and in this case the Stenny player was offside when the ball was kicked.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The fact we have folk trying to call the Stenny equaliser as offside it just underlines how much of a poor result this was. 

I don’t think anyone is hiding behind the fact it was a terrible performance from Aberdeen and we got what we deserved

9 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I think that 99.9% of people going to football matches know that the offside law applies when the ball is kicked, and in this case the Stenny player was offside when the ball was kicked.

starryfish must be in the 0.01% then :rolleyes:

On the highlights it looked as though Duthie may have been offside in the build up, but the time which elapsed thereafter makes any complaint about the Stenhousemuir goal a bit weak.

Bit of a mute point to be honest.

Should really have all been irrelevant and we should have had the game in the bag a long long time before they scored. For clarity, I'm not saying we deserved to be out of sight, just that in all honesty a professional preformance would have had us cruising.

Anyone any idea what the ticketing position is likely to be for the replay ?

17 hours ago, starryfish said:

How far offside was the Stenhousemuir striker in the build up to their goal? Laughable from MP Douglas Ross

At least a yard. I was pretty much in line (although for the avidance of doubt  I am neither Scott McKenna nor Andy Considine).

But we can't really point to that as an excuse , as we regained comfortable possession through Ferguson , before he and McLennan contrived between them to give it away again.

12 hours ago, Menzel said:

The fact we have folk trying to call the Stenny equaliser as offside it just underlines how much of a poor result this was. 

Eh  ?....if we'd been 3 or 4 up at the time , like we probably should have been , I'd still have called out the linesman for missing the offside in the passage of play leading up to their goal

2 minutes ago, A96 said:

Eh  ?....if we'd been 3 or 4 up at the time , like we probably should have been , I'd still have called out the linesman for missing the offside in the passage of play leading up to their goal

1. I doubt it. If so, that's pretty tragic; regardless it looks like people are trying to complain about a goal to spare blushes of a team we should have humped and now make us look even worse.

2. It's onside.

10 minutes ago, Menzel said:

1. I doubt it.

2. It's onside.

1.  If you're at a Dons game , do you not shout for offside , foul etc if you think the situation arises ?....... I know I do ...and did on Saturday just before their goal, like many others round about me.  And if we don't get the decision and the opposition score soon afterwards , I'll definitely mention it

2. I don't think you undesrtand where it was the offside situation arose.  It wasn't on the cross in for the goal. It was the initial lump up up the park from inside their own half.

9 minutes ago, A96 said:

1.  If you're at a Dons game , do you not shout for offside , foul etc if you think the situation arises ?....... I know I do ...and did on Saturday just before their goal, like many others round about me.  And if we don't get the decision and the opposition score soon afterwards , I'll definitely mention it

2. I don't think you undesrtand where it was the offside situation arose.  It wasn't on the cross in for the goal. It was the initial lump up up the park from inside their own half.

You are not at a dons game, you are on a forum crying about a goal after it has taken place.

6 hours ago, RiG said:

Not even close to being offside.

Stenny.png.c80c93e4673add2955efb6676d7c94e9.png

This is not the offside ball. It was the move that broke down to allow this cross to be made. Look, no one, not me anyway, is saying that we should be jumping up and down like Craig Levein and demanding the match be replayed. Stenhousemuir got the draw that they deserved, it’s simply a point of fact that the previous ball in that led to the cross for the goal, was offside. Not looking for retribution, just pointing out a fact.

Archived