Aberdeen FC vs Stenhousemuir FC, Scottish Cup Revenge

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven’t seen the highlights, but can’t say I saw anything wrong at the time.
It was, in fact, a great goal.

As the ball is originally kicked up the park, maybe half a minute before the goal, their player is well beyond Max Lowe and so well offside when he gets the ball.

I was in line with that - he was miles offside, but a lot played out after that.

Logan out of position again, poor pass from Ferguson, McLennan waited for it (book one page one error) and the cross was a peach.

We go again - we were always fated to go back to Ochilview.

How far offside was the Stenhousemuir striker in the build up to their goal? Laughable from MP Douglas Ross
Were you at the game?
Nobody claimed offside and there was generous applause for a well worked goal.

Collective tourettes afterwards admittedly

Were you at the game?

Yes I was directly in line with the situation from my seat in the Main Stand, McInnes was raging with Ross after the goal although perhaps his ire should have been directed at his own team.

Yes I was directly in line with the situation from my seat in the Main Stand, McInnes was raging with Ross after the goal although perhaps his ire should have been directed at his own team.
Directly in line with the situation? You aren't in court giving testimony.
Constable, please try section W in the south for a view

1 hour ago, scoobles said:

Were you at the game?

I was at the game and the original ball up to their striker was definitely offside, which would have stopped the move and the goal wouldn’t have happened. It was still a great goal about 15 seconds later which was due to a poor Ferguson pass out and McLennan waiting for the ball.

I was at the game and the original ball up to their striker was definitely offside, which would have stopped the move and the goal wouldn’t have happened. It was still a great goal about 15 seconds later which was due to a poor Ferguson pass out and McLennan waiting for the ball.
Like I said, nobody around us was claiming offside.
We got exactly what we deserved.
The number 3 with the giruy gestures was a tad OTT.
No guessing his big team

Were you at the game?

Where we were sitting in the South plenty were going tonto at the lack of flag well before the ball ended up in the back of the net.

As we actually dealt with the initial threat, and then made an erse of clearing it, it’s probably not worth dwelling on though.

2 hours ago, naegoodinthedark said:

This competition is almost like a recap of our biggest Scottish Cup f**k ups

QOTS? Not again, thanks.

Possibly a repeat of our best ever cup run in 2008 beating Dundee then Aberdeen. 

3 hours ago, starryfish said:

As the ball is originally kicked up the park, maybe half a minute before the goal, their player is well beyond Max Lowe and so well offside when he gets the ball.

Just a technicality, as I wasn't at the game but am interested having attended the Stenhousemuir win in the last round: a player cannot be "offside when he gets the ball".

1 hour ago, scoobles said:

Like I said, nobody around us was claiming offside.
We got exactly what we deserved.
The number 3 with the giruy gestures was a tad OTT.
No guessing his big team

We did get what we deserved, but whether anyone around you was claiming it was offside or not, and plenty around me were, it doesn’t change the fact that it was offside and the game should have been stopped at that point..

Archived