Scottish cup last 16 draw

leftfootwand

Its supposed to be 2pm. Both teams can agree otherwise though and make SAFA aware. If 2 morning teams draw each other then they’ll just play in morning.

My team is an afternoon team but if we are playing a morning team I often offer 12pm KO as a compromise.

We played a friendly against a Saturday morning slide last week with a 10am Kick off.A few boys moaned about the early start but after the game showered and changed for 12pm all agreed it was a great time to play just wish was an early local league in the central area.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, JBAFC said:

I see Oban Saints were beaten on penalties today by Rothie Rovers, has to go down as a big shock in my opinion. Well done to Rothie.

Yes well done Rothie. 

Pretty even first twenty. Saints scored, missed a couple of half chances, pretty comfortable. 1-0 half time. Second half Rothie continued with their long ball game hoping for set pieces. Saints again comfortable but only creating half chances. Rothie scored from set piece. All saints after that. 1-1 full time.  Rothie again scored from set piece at beginning of extra time. All saints after that. Saints denied a stonewall penalty. Ref judges it a dive and sends the saints player off who had already been booked. Another saints player has a go at the ref and gets sent off. Down to 9 men with a couple of minutes to go. Managed to equalise again at the end. Brilliant. Penalties ended I think 9-8 to Rothie. 

It's not always about having the best team, or individual players. Hard work, a system, and a bit of luck can go a long way sometimes as Rothie proved today.

Took in the bridgewater v cambria game. Great cup tie.  Bridgewater 1-0 at half time, keeper gets injured with a popped shoulder in second half  and the left back having to go in goals. But I’ll tell you what, some great saves and then last 20 a cross from the right from Cambria has ended up over the stand in keeper into the far side of the net.  Cambria over all played better football but Bridgewater battled. Extra time Cambria stepped it up and piled the pressure on and the stand in keeper kept Bridgewater in the game and then the killer goals game along with 2 sending offs for Bridgewater. Not really many players to say played well apart from the stand in keeper.   All the best to Cambria in the last 16. They’ll certainly be no mugs but neither will castlemilk. 

17 hours ago, 8 Bit said:

Yes well done Rothie. 

Pretty even first twenty. Saints scored, missed a couple of half chances, pretty comfortable. 1-0 half time. Second half Rothie continued with their long ball game hoping for set pieces. Saints again comfortable but only creating half chances. Rothie scored from set piece. All saints after that. 1-1 full time.  Rothie again scored from set piece at beginning of extra time. All saints after that. Saints denied a stonewall penalty. Ref judges it a dive and sends the saints player off who had already been booked. Another saints player has a go at the ref and gets sent off. Down to 9 men with a couple of minutes to go. Managed to equalise again at the end. Brilliant. Penalties ended I think 9-8 to Rothie. 

It's not always about having the best team, or individual players. Hard work, a system, and a bit of luck can go a long way sometimes as Rothie proved today.

Saints were well ontop in the first half but Rothie were well in the game after that. Actually spoke to a few Oban fans after the game and they thought Rothie were the better side yesterday but I think Oban probably were.  They didn’t create a massive amount of clean cut chances. Can remember 1 especially they really should have scored.  Rothie really should of won comfortably in the previous game but missed 5 or 6 clean cut chances. 2 really good cup games though that went right to the end! Nail biter for both sides. 

1 hour ago, BrendanGalloway said:

Saints were well ontop in the first half but Rothie were well in the game after that. Actually spoke to a few Oban fans after the game and they thought Rothie were the better side yesterday but I think Oban probably were.  They didn’t create a massive amount of clean cut chances. Can remember 1 especially they really should have scored.  Rothie really should of won comfortably in the previous game but missed 5 or 6 clean cut chances. 2 really good cup games though that went right to the end! Nail biter for both sides. 

Yes was a great ending to the game. Great cup tie.  Honestly I only thought Rothie would only score from a set piece yesterday as they unfortunately did twice.  

On a positive note for Oban they lost neither game in 90 nor 120 minutes and they have a particular philosophy in trying to play attacking football on the ground that they stick with regardless of the opposition. They just get undone at times by the size and strength of other teams. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 13:15, List_of_Jericho said:

Last 16 Draw

Alba Thistle v  Rothie Rovers

Castlemilk BC v  Cambria

Colville Park v Bannockburn

Craigshill Thistle  v Southside (SSMAFL)

Eastfield v Cupar Hearts

Glasgow University v Murieston

St Joseph’s v Stewarton

Tynecastle v Hurlford Th

This is where it gets interesting.

Colville v Bannockburn too close to call.  Tynecastle and Hurlford should be another tight game.

Wins for Rothie, Cambria, Eastfield and Glasgow Uni.

Good luck to all involved.

On 08/01/2019 at 13:15, List_of_Jericho said:

Last 16 Draw

Alba Thistle v Rothie Rovers

Castlemilk BC v Cambria

Craigshill Thistle v Southside (SSMAFL)

Eastfield v Cupar Hearts

St Joseph’s v Stewarton

Tynecastle v Hurlford Th

Alba Thistle

Castlemilk v Cambria Replay Required

Bannockburn

Craigshill v Southside Replay Required

Eastfield

Glasgow Uni

St Joes v Stewarton Replay Required

Hurlford

my picks for this weekends games, DG10 to fire Bannockburn into the quarter finals

Castlemilk BC v Cambria

Eastfield v Cupar Hearts

St Joseph’s v Stewarton

Tynecastle v Hurlford Th

Last 16 Draw

Alba Thistle v Oban Saints or Rothie Rovers

Castlemilk BC v Bridgewater or Cambria

Craigshill Thistle or Pittenweem Rovers v Southside (SSMAFL)

Eastfield v Cupar Hearts

Newshot or St Joseph’s v Stewarton
Tynecastle v Hurlford Th

Alba

Cambria after replay

Colville

Southside

Eastfield after replay

Glasgow Uni

St Joe’s after replay

Some tight ties in there. Getting to the serious stage now!

Fancy Colville to perform when it’s down to the big one!

Castlemilk BC v Cambria

Eastfield v Cupar Hearts

St Joseph’s v Stewarton

Tynecastle v Hurlford Th

Alba Th 2 v 1 Rothie R

Castlemilk 0 v 2 Cambria

Colville 1 v 2 Bannockburn

Craigshill 1 v 1 Southside