Scottish cup last 16 draw

leftfootwand

4 hours ago, Donza said:

Straight forward route to the quarter finals for Castlemilk against either a poor bridgewater or worse cambria especially after putting out the mighty famous pennies 

Yes looking like that based on Sat result. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bridgewater said:

Don't say that- I've just text the boys from Cambria and the SAFA  and told them to not bother with the game this weekend and let Castlemilk have the next round tie- all because Donza had spoken.

Personally I think the winner of this tie will beat Castlemilk.

Daft question, are all Scottish Cup games played in the afternoon or do the Saturday Morning teams if home get to pick their 10am slot. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Would be good to catch the Tynecastle v Hurlford Th before our game if so. Some cracking ties in the big cup.

24 minutes ago, joe hunter said:

A lot of decent sides , but only a few good ones still in it. To win it, you will need to beat Colville Park.

Bannockburn will fancy their chances, been tight affairs in the games this season. Hoping for another enjoyable game and Colville to win by four. 

Daft question, are all Scottish Cup games played in the afternoon or do the Saturday Morning teams if home get to pick their 10am slot. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Would be good to catch the Tynecastle v Hurlford Th before our game if so. Some cracking ties in the big cup.

Its supposed to be 2pm. Both teams can agree otherwise though and make SAFA aware. If 2 morning teams draw each other then they’ll just play in morning.

My team is an afternoon team but if we are playing a morning team I often offer 12pm KO as a compromise.

9 hours ago, Ampie said:

Its supposed to be 2pm. Both teams can agree otherwise though and make SAFA aware. If 2 morning teams draw each other then they’ll just play in morning.

My team is an afternoon team but if we are playing a morning team I often offer 12pm KO as a compromise.

Yeah thats fair. The official time is 2pm tho and im sure u would only offer the compromise if it suited ur players , if key players were working to say 12 that would be off the table??

Sick of seeing on twitter stuff about a wee saturday morning team doing well in the scottish. Saturday morning teams got a big chip on there shoulders. Nobody disrespects saturday morning teams anymore and I am sure one will get to a major final in the near future. 

A Saturday morning team got to the final of a major just last year. Lots of very good players play Saturday morning as it suits them. There is no bigger number of crap Saturday morning teams than there is Saturday afternoon. Some people are very disrespectful.

Guest Mick Kennedy
2 hours ago, Cocopop50 said:

No Saturday morning team will be winning a major anytime soon. Oban saints are my dark horses but really can see past big spending Colville park. top side 

Surely we aren’t going to spoil this chat with this nonsense. I think there will be a few who fancy their chances 

The Caledonian league teams don't seem to have performed well in the Scottish this year at all. How many of them are left, 2? 1 in a replay?

Would you say the overall strength of the teams in the Caledonian league has dipped recently?

No Saturday morning team will be winning a major anytime soon. Oban saints are my dark horses but really can see past big spending Colville park. top side 

How are Oban Saints dark horses? They are an almost permanent fixture in the later stages of the Scottish.

You’ve basically just posted that for something to bolt on to a snide dig about Colville Park. Get a grip and let people enjoy the thread FFS!

3 hours ago, Ammy12 said:

The Caledonian league teams don't seem to have performed well in the Scottish this year at all. How many of them are left, 2? 1 in a replay?

Would you say the overall strength of the teams in the Caledonian league has dipped recently?

It doesn’t help that Thorn and Cambria were paired in the 1st Round, Dumbarton Accies drawing Hurlford last round also.

Archived