Annan v Elgin

As it appears both sets of supporters are equally apathetic I thought  I would comment on Gavin Price's comments in the P& J today. In fairness to him I was not at the game but for the second week Gavin is blaming a sending off for the team losing. As with last week I suspect we lost the game simply because we were not good enough. The highlights certainly favour Annan but was anyone at the game who could offer a view.

2 hours ago, JimThorburn said:

From an Annan perspective I felt Elgin were very poor. I expected more from them.
After the sending off Elgin did have us on the ropes for 5-10 minutes but overall it was 3 well deserved points for Annan.

I agree with this, and would add that once Annan rode out that 5-10 minutes what you see in the highlights is a true reflection. 

Annan were already the better team before the sending off. The three upfront were threatening and the defence was solid throughout. OK the penalty could've changed things but it looked like justice was done as the guy had got his shot away anyway, didn't look like a pen.  

You could say it was only a matter of time before Annan sealed it, or they were risking getting punished for missing chances and not killing the game off, but it really didn't look like Elgin had the belief to equalise with 10 men and the 2nd goal was thankfully inevitable.

Archived