Brechin City -vs- Dumbarton

On 14/01/2019 at 14:24, squeezeboxson said:

We weren't signing a 1st choice and couldn't give any guarantee to Dougie Hill that he would be getting game time. It came down to who we could afford. Hill spent most of last season on the bench because we had others ahead of him. I actually thought early last season that Hill was better than Mango and I'd have had Barr on the bench but as the season progressed CB really came onto his game and proved to be an asset to the team. Aitken got a lot of things wrong but I don't think this was one of them.

Dougie hill was excellent at us the season before he signed for you, I think early season you probably seen the best of him, a good preseason and all players on a level playing field, I seen he was in and out all seasons( 25 starts) that must effect your fitness and sharpness over a season being part time, he’s been a bit up and Down this season as has Jacko , but not really had a bad game ,  since airdrie he’s been excellent and even at 33 I wouldn’t swap him or Jacko for another in this league 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived