Brechin City -vs- Dumbarton

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The awful part is, Stenny look absolutely gash, so chances are we get an extra 2 games before going down, perhaps even 4....
Stenny have taken 4 points from us, we don't look any better than them IMO.

Duffy really didn't do us any favours today with that mind boggling lineup. Lets hope his post match interview is less accepting of the defeat this week.

That was a must-win for Brechin, and if they hadn’t been able to get it under those circumstances (against an absolute ramshackle of ten men) I think it might’ve broken them. I don’t see anything other than relegation for us now.

3 minutes ago, Jumbo Muir said:

And they want people to spend their hard earned on season tickets ?

It's horrible. The only way we can fund new players is through season ticket sales, but nobody is going to touch them with our form and results this season.

We have relegation written all over us. Just think about the amount of farcical things that have happened to us this season.

If Duffy was to just walk away I wouldn't blame him at all.

He made a mistake with his lineup today (Forbes at LB, Spencer into CM should've been the change, playing Paton at RB was an unnecessary gamble that backfired big time). But he's having to work under ridiculous circumstances. 

He's been able to name one or two outfield subs on a number of occasions and, with the best will in the world, any team who are reliant on such a small number of players would struggle. 

If I could turn back time I'd go back to that sunny mid-May afternoon and hand Aitken his jotters. I suspect that our board would probably do the same too.

We've got plenty of issues. But they all stem from some kamikaze recruitment in the summer. A tiny squad where almost every player has suffered a major injury in recent seasons. I bought into it, blinded by guys like Forbes, Ballantyne and Loy, but Jesus Christ was I wrong.

Scrape 8th place this season and rebuild in the summer and I'll be relieved. Finish 9th and we'll go down. 

Stenny have taken 4 points from us, we don't look any better than them IMO.

Duffy really didn't do us any favours today with that mind boggling lineup. Lets hope his post match interview is less accepting of the defeat this week.
I suppose the other option would have been Forbes at left back from the start to keep cammy at rb and push Paton up.

I'm sure Jim would have thought of that.

The new boy looks an improvement on every other striker so should start each week. Carsy played well again, cammy was solid at lb and then rb, hutts and Barr done well for most of the game. Paton had played reasonably well in the 1st half, just got caught and made the 2 sort of tackles you'd expect a player out of position to make.

I read that Spencers contract expires soon, I wonder if he 's on his way out and that s why he's not been preferred.

Spencer's here til the summer apparently. I can't really get my ahead around why we haven't played him more. Forbes and Hutton really can't play together as a duo, neither of them have the legs to cover for the other.

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=3766

Thought tapping done well at centre half; that s the first I've see what I assume is Calums brother. The contest between him and armour was pretty physical and it's reassuring to see our new young player put himself about.

That was gash. You could see the winner coming as soon as the corner was conceded and as a few others have said I'm getting that relegation feeling again.

On another note, I saw a guy wearing a Dumbarton/ICT half and half scarf. #Boak

Archived