Berwick Rangers v Clyde.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Adored said:

Stirling pub rumour. DGW broken arm. 3 months out

Now here's the thing. Normally, I'd dismiss this as unsubstantiated nonsense but this is the very chap who first broke the news that Goodwillie wouldn't be playing against Edinburgh back in August. I'm worried, frankly.

5 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Now here's the thing. Normally, I'd dismiss this as unsubstantiated nonsense but this is the very chap who first broke the news that Goodwillie wouldn't be playing against Edinburgh back in August. I'm worried, frankly.

Also told us Syvertsen was a "league-clinching" signing and that Cogill was on a 3-week trial with a club down south. Will take this with a pinch of salt for now. 

Could very well have done his arm in given the considerable pain he was in at the time but given he played a full half, and some, I would be extremely surprised if it’s to the extent he’d be out for that long. Four weeks or so is normally the timeframe given depending on severity. Approved casts now too etc.

Now- what if it is true? 

Get lucky with a good loan or someone able to step up and let us continue playing  the way we do currently..... with goals coming from midfielders?

It’s an outcome we’ve all been dreading and co-incidentally, recently been discussing-  what if?

Lets see if there is any substance to this- and if there is let’s hope we can deal with as best we can- won’t be easy.

10 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

Also told us Syvertsen was a "league-clinching" signing and that Cogill was on a 3-week trial with a club down south. Will take this with a pinch of salt for now. 

A) Syversten may yet be. With a sustained run looking likely, let's see.

B) Coggill indeed was on trial down South. 

Decent batting average from the OP, to be fair. 

If true then I'm sure Lennon must have had some plan for DGW getting injured don't know If We have budget to bring in players or hopefully Lennon can get a loan through his contacts
If not I'm quiete happy to go with kriss S and ally love up front
A big plus is we ain't conceeding goals so even scoring 1 or 2 now means we can win games

:( Time to see what we are made of.  Bit of luck and we can get him back for Annan away with one of those casts on.  Stirling away may be too soon, but who knows.    

We have goals in this team, Love and Rankin have more than decent returns for their positions.   

17 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

Because it is a load of p1sh.

Let's assume that it isn't, or at least an element of the revelation is true (we all witnessed his departure...) and, in interests of transparency to appease dunderheids believing club activity is their own intellectual property, the club put up on the site, "Goodwillie injured. Fucked his wrist on Saturday, we're not sure how long he's out for, as we're still in A&E. We'll update when we get him seen". 

Highly professional, eh? But then some arseholes would feel all important and cuddly, and inclusion isn't an illusion at our club.....

The club, very obviously, in the event he IS injured, are likely gaining expert medical advice so we don't f**k his return up, and severely damage it any further, or indeed our title prospects. 

Archived