Berwick Rangers v Clyde.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A 3-0 scoreline does point to a one sided affair. However this was an off the scale pumping. Chance after chance after chance. Clyde building up a head of steam. Definitely title contenders.

That’s what I particularly enjoyed about yesterday, it’s quite a rare experience to go and watch us dominate a match so completely. We were miles ahead of Berwick all over the park.

The only concern remains the number of chances we pass up. Against better sides that won’t concede as many opportunities we need to be more clinical.

24 minutes ago, haufdaft said:
34 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan said:
Don’t think I’ve enjoyed a Clyde goal less than our second yesterday after Goodwillie stayed down. Was terrified 

I was the same. It was the realisation that we don't have any reserve striker of quality on the books.

You didn't know this until then? 

You undersell yourself, Haufdaft. 

How did you think Lang played, in the flesh, by the way? Not from a defensive viewpoint but as an overall footballer? 

You didn't know this until then? 

You undersell yourself, Haufdaft. 

How did you think Lang played, in the flesh, by the way? Not from a defensive viewpoint but as an overall footballer? 
Up to that point you hoped Goodwillie wouldn't get injured.

For a few minutes it looked like Goodwillie was seriously hurt. Reality was biting in.

That was a really worrying few minutes.

Now I can again get back to hoping Goodwillie doesn't get injured.

As for Lang, he wasn't particularly challenged by the poor Berwick attack.

His passing was fine, positioning was good, had a decent amount of pace, he was beaten in a couple of aerial challenges but that's always going to happen against a big target man. I thought he looked good.

Competent would describe his performance. 7/10

I look forward to seeing him against a decent strike force. His positive attributes should set him in good stead.

14 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Up to that point you hoped Goodwillie wouldn't get injured.

For a few minutes it looked like Goodwillie was seriously hurt. Reality was biting in.

That was a really worrying few minutes.

Now I can again get back to hoping Goodwillie doesn't get injured.

As for Lang, he wasn't particularly challenged by the poor Berwick attack.

His passing was fine, positioning was good, had a decent amount of pace, he was beaten in a couple of aerial challenges but that's always going to happen against a big target man. I thought he looked good.

Competent would describe his performance. 7/10

I look forward to seeing him against a decent strike force. His positive attributes should set him in good stead.

Fair enough. Personally i felt he helped move us further up the pitch when in possession, helping to nullify their attack further still. Not easy to judge i agree, but at least one other CB would cede that space, especially after losing possession himself. 

If it were me, I’d probably play Lang and Cogill as our partnership there. Very harsh on McNiff who’s been very good this season too. In fairness to Rumsby too, whilst I think he’s the weakest out of the four centre backs we have, he’ll still do an able job the majority of the time.

5 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

If it were me, I’d probably play Lang and Cogill as our partnership there. Very harsh on McNiff who’s been very good this season too. In fairness to Rumsby too, whilst I think he’s the weakest out of the four centre backs we have, he’ll still do an able job the majority of the time.

Rumsby, on current form is arguably 1st choice. Lang has almost always played 'right' CB, and is slightly over to the left to accomodate him, that to me suggests McNiff is the one facing a fight just to get a seat on the bench as Cogill is simply far better than him. 

I have wanted a three for ages, i'm clearly not going to get it, but i can see DC coming in at LB. 

We were outclassed yesterday. Absolutely outclassed all over the pitch. 

There is some individual skill and plenty of effort & spirit, but unless we get some experience and nous in the defensive part of midfield, this won't change. 

Good win yesterday. Irrespective of whether Berwick's no having the best of seasons, it's always tricky down there and they had enough about them to take a point against Edinburgh

Our boys seem to be going for the win from the kick off, that's the right attitude, that's what it'll take. 

We don't need to sign anyone in the window except a striker. If DGW were to get injured, that's a potential season changer. Appreciate it could be a difficult ask, but I'd be trying everything to get a little extra 'insurance' in there if possible

Been impressed with Lang. From video clips of yesterday and last week, watch him when opposition breaks on us.  Doesn't just lunge in, seems to have the presence of mind to take up good positions to cut out dangers. That kind of thinking's a better standard than League 2

Hopefully a fortnight break helps clear up a few injuries

I think the biggest problem if Goodie getting injured for any period of time would be the amount of work he does holding the ball up, creating spaces etc more than losing his goals at this point would be. In fairness to him, he hasn't been in his hottest goalscoring spell recently but even just watching the highlights shows how much we rely on him and how he has helped create a lot of the goals coming from other players. There is no way at this point in the season we would be able to get a forward that does everything he does for the team. Thankfully, he has two weeks to get over what happened to him yesterday but it really is scary to consider what might happen if he was to go out.

4 minutes ago, scot-gcar709 said:

I think the biggest problem if Goodie getting injured for any period of time would be the amount of work he does holding the ball up, creating spaces etc more than losing his goals at this point would be. In fairness to him, he hasn't been in his hottest goalscoring spell recently but even just watching the highlights shows how much we rely on him and how he has helped create a lot of the goals coming from other players. There is no way at this point in the season we would be able to get a forward that does everything he does for the team. Thankfully, he has two weeks to get over what happened to him yesterday but it really is scary to consider what might happen if he was to go out.

That's what I mean.  We don't seem to have another 'target man' type striker who could be used to link up play and create the space for others. I'm not suggesting we'd get the same quality, but at least something that could fill that role if need be

Good win yesterday. Irrespective of whether Berwick's no having the best of seasons, it's always tricky down there and they had enough about them to take a point against Edinburgh
Our boys seem to be going for the win from the kick off, that's the right attitude, that's what it'll take. 
We don't need to sign anyone in the window except a striker. If DGW were to get injured, that's a potential season changer. Appreciate it could be a difficult ask, but I'd be trying everything to get a little extra 'insurance' in there if possible
Been impressed with Lang. From video clips of yesterday and last week, watch him when opposition breaks on us.  Doesn't just lunge in, seems to have the presence of mind to take up good positions to cut out dangers. That kind of thinking's a better standard than League 2
Hopefully a fortnight break helps clear up a few injuries

Agree a striker would be the priority as you say DGW being injured is a season changer even although you get people on here telling us he needs to up his game ( bizzare) I doubt many teams if they loaned us a striker would want him sitting on the bench so would need to complement DGW upfront As for Lang has came in and done really well looks good with the ball at his feet and gives us a presence my choice would be cogill and Lang but with 4 shut outs in the last 5 games is impossible to argue against Rumbsy starting. I think mcniff is now 4 choice CB

I kind of agree that McNiff may be 4th choice now, last month he was probably our number 1 choice but through no fault of his own .it is testament to the guy who have come in and stepped up , not a bad problem to have with 4 very competent centre halfs. Things are going along nicely atm, 2 good wing back in Cuddihy and Stewart, midfield seems to have a good balance  with the added bonus of a reborn Rankin running the show, DGW up front  is a nightmare to any defence and so many players on the sidelines who would most likely start for most teams in this division  itching to get involved, good times. Would still like another striker brought in though.

Archived