Berwick Rangers v Clyde.

10 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Only a matter of weeks ago, a lot of Berwick fans were on here claiming he was the messiah. Where has it gone wrong?

Genuine question, no wind up intended as I though, like us, you’d turned a corner.

I don’t understand the hype that surrounds him from a lot of the Berwick support. He didn’t exactly come with an outstanding CV. He won promotion from the diddy junior league, then a a cup win with Penicuik nothing outstanding. Penicuik got there arses handed to them any time they played 1 of the bigger junior teams yet he thinks 4 of that squad ( and I believe he wants to bring in another couple) are going to be good enough and better the current team!! I dare say if u compared his record to Robbie a this season he would probably be worse off! 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Looking forward to hearing Johnny Harvey’s post match comments. They are usually very entertaining. #deluded #fantasyland

His interviews are brilliant... and fans get suckered in with it thinks we are the better team and play better football most weeks! Not sure if he’s aware but football is an objective sport where u have to score goals and try an prevent you opponents from doing the same. Seen 1 fan comment last week that cowden where a gang, I would much rather be a gang and in Cowdens position pushing for a play off spot that in our getting pumped every week and not even competing!! 

We are stuck in the traffic just now.

Easy win today. Very comfortable and could have scored a few more. Whole team played well but thought Rankin was outstanding. His free kick for the 3rd goal was a beauty.

Goodwillie had an ice pack on his arm after clashing with the keeper for his goal. Hopefully nothing that will keep him out the team.

Berwick were awful just as bad as Albion Rovers when we played them just before Xmas. Today's game was almost a carbon copy of that game.

Hope the journey ain't too long [emoji45]
We have two weeks till next game so gives
DGW a time to recover , another good result and 1 goal conceded in 5 games look like we have sorted out losing goals and with midfield chipping in with goals strong bench good times [emoji106]

Really enjoyed that today, team playing really well & clear to see full of confidence. Rankin was probably our best player but a tough decision as so many played really well. 

Ps. Great to have a wee chat with Eric Tait(?) and he saw the funny side of his post match interview when we beat them 1-0 from that Goodwillie penalty. A sound lad who is clearly very passionate about his club. Respect. 

1 hour ago, Fergie1 said:

I don’t understand the hype that surrounds him from a lot of the Berwick support. He didn’t exactly come with an outstanding CV. He won promotion from the diddy junior league, then a a cup win with Penicuik nothing outstanding. Penicuik got there arses handed to them any time they played 1 of the bigger junior teams yet he thinks 4 of that squad ( and I believe he wants to bring in another couple) are going to be good enough and better the current team!! I dare say if u compared his record to Robbie a this season he would probably be worse off! 

Just for you Fergie:)

Robbie Played 14 Won 2 Drawn 0 Lost 12

Johnny Played 12 Won 3 Drawn 2 Lost 7

So Harvey has a slightly better record so far although his "extra" win was in the Scottish Cup against Gretna.  He had a decent start I suppose  with 3 wins in his 1st 5 games but hasn't won in the last 7. Best result would probably be their comeback against Edinburgh City a few weeks back.

Well done Clyde, a very fair result. I don’t think Clyde have the same strength and depth as Edinburgh City and Peterhead but they have the best manager of the three. Setup of your team was excellent today, used the width of the pitch superbly well and very well organised.

The difference between that game and our comeback against EC was Rankin, he killed the game for you at 0-2 with his controlled possession. 

Its hard work right now and a tough one next week for us. We need to stick together and support the team through these extremely tough times. 

Thought Barr was excellent once again and It’s great to have Healy back. 

1 minute ago, Only one David Marsh said:

Anyone else get stuck on the A1 for over an hour? atleast the win makes it worth it! 

Thankfully the police van went past us with their hazards on & then blocked off the road. First car to be sent up the sliproad so avoided any queues. Feel for all the supporters who would have been just in front of us but that got stuck. Hopefully nobody was injured although think it was a bad one sadly. 

7 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Wit?

Think EC and Peterhead have more depth to their squads. 1-11 not a lot between you. 

Its a long time since I have seen three teams as strong as EC, Peterhead and Clyde in this league. Streets ahead of the rest. 

Exciting times for all three clubs. 

Anyone else get stuck on the A1 for over an hour? atleast the win makes it worth it! 
Yeah we got stuck for an hour. Looked a bad one, multiple cars involved at least 4 of which were totalled. Hopefully everyone got out of it OK.

Think EC and Peterhead have more depth to their squads. 1-11 not a lot between you. 
Its a long time since I have seen three teams as strong as EC, Peterhead and Clyde in this league. Streets ahead of the rest. 
Would say Edinburgh have the least strength in depth of the 3. Peterhead have the strongest squad. We aren't too bad for most positions but could with another striker though.

9 minutes ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

Thankfully the police van went past us with their hazards on & then blocked off the road. First car to be sent up the sliproad so avoided any queues. Feel for all the supporters who would have been just in front of us but that got stuck. Hopefully nobody was injured although think it was a bad one sadly. 

Stuck for over an hour. Happened about 300 yards in front of me.Looked really bad from the aftermath.

Hope none of our lot were involved in it.

Can't remember a more one sided game. So many positives but it is a bit of a worry that we aren't converting more of our chances. That could hurt us badly in a tighter game.

Still let's not worry about that just now, just enjoy the continuing winning streak.

3 minutes ago, Disc Potato said:

I'd say that, in terms of depth, we are pretty close to Peterhead. What they do have as an advantage is a raft of experienced players who can do a job in several positions. Edinburgh are a bit behind both, in my opinion. Their recent signing of Galbraith has added a bit of depth but they're lean outside of that. I think that the January dealings of each club, along with the standard rub of the green with injuries, suspensions and postponements, will go some way to deciding which comes out on top at the end of the season.

46 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Just for you Fergie:)

Robbie Played 14 Won 2 Drawn 0 Lost 12

Johnny Played 12 Won 3 Drawn 2 Lost 7

So Harvey has a slightly better record so far although his "extra" win was in the Scottish Cup against Gretna.  He had a decent start I suppose  with 3 wins in his 1st 5 games but hasn't won in the last 7. Best result would probably be their comeback against Edinburgh City a few weeks back.

Slightly harsh to take betfred cup matches into consideration with 2 premier league teams on group. So based on league games ...

Robbie - played 9 won 2.   drawn 0.    lost 7

goals for - 8   Goals against 21   Gd -  -13

Johnny 

played 10 won 2    drawn 2    lost 6 

goals for - 11. Goals against - 27    GD -16  

So nothing in it really with Robbie playing game less, apart from the amount of goals conceded, with 3 of the new back line the new managers from Penicuik ...

3 minutes ago, Disc Potato said:

Interesting you say that. Was listening to Sportsound today and was quite disappointed in the lack of coverage of League 2, especially with no Premiership games on. They devoted a lot of time to the "title race" in League 1. Eleven points between 1st and 2nd compared to five points between 1st and 3rd in League 2. 

Just now, Fergie1 said:

Slightly harsh to take betfred cup matches into consideration with 2 premier league teams on group. So based on league games ...

Robbie - played 9 won 2.   drawn 0.    lost 7

goals for - 8   Goals against 21   Gd -  -13

Johnny 

played 10 won 2    drawn 2    lost 6 

goals for - 11. Goals against - 27    GD -16  

So nothing in it really with Robbie playing game less, apart from the amount of goals conceded, with 3 of the new back line the new managers from Penicuik ...

I just worked out a list of all the games maybe would have been better just comparing league games.

Archived