Dundee United v Dunfermline

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, dafc_lee said:

the Lizzie bus isn't running

Wow, times are really grim if they're not doing a bus for United away.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

We're poor but not as bad as many of our fans make out

I think considering we do actually have some good players, our performances and results are even worse than they look on paper. Much of the frustration of fans is they can see the squad has potential to be doing so much better. Again, that's a failure of the coaching staff to get the best out of them. Only two of our wins this season have been against sides currently ahead of us in the table.

If our home record was at least as good as our form away from EEP, we'd be in the top four with an outside shout of a title push. Instead we have two wins out of 10 and have scored seven goals. Utter pish.

Genuinely got to the point where I won’t spend another penny on the club (minus rovers away) while Johnston is still in charge. It’s like the board are happy to write this season off already.

2-0 home win. aird and Clark to laugh at us. Johnston will still be in charge next week.

7 minutes ago, OwenDAFC said:

Genuinely got to the point where I won’t spend another penny on the club (minus rovers away) while Johnston is still in charge. It’s like the board are happy to write this season off already.

2-0 home win. aird and Clark to laugh at us. Johnston will still be in charge next week.

Clark's injured so you're unlikely to have to suffer his laughter.

Listen to the fucking state of you though. I want change too but jesus.

22 minutes ago, OwenDAFC said:

This fella makes me seem like a happy clapper, jesus.

3 hours ago, OwenDAFC said:

I won't spend another penny on the club, aside from the really big derby they've got coming up. Cool story

4 hours ago, OwenDAFC said:

Rest assured that night your money to get into Tannadice or Starks will be taken to the bank by Dunfermline. I would doubt the board are happy to write off this season, even if they did I certainly won't be - its not always brilliant being a pars fan

1 hour ago, Adam101 said:

its not always brilliant being a pars fan

Sadly, this seems to be the mentality of the board; "Oh well, sometimes you'll get a shite season!" That's fine if there's a good reason for it but I don't think we should be doing anywhere near as bad as we are with the budget and squad available to us.

The attitude that we should just be happy to have a club is such a defeatist one. No one is saying spend recklessly again, just make the obvious change. Saturday will be especially sobering, remembering back to how buzzing we all were leaving Tannadice on the opening day.

I'm not sure about this good players stuff, if you asked any top four side if they would prefer any of our players to theirs you would be struggling.

Jackson Longridge, Higgy and Beadling maybe but I can't see them knocking the door down to get them. United and County took our best players at the end of last season. We let another one walk away and now he's at Thistle. It's been a shite season tbh.

Fans should turn up and support the team though because imo we are looking at relegation unless we improve at home. Falkirk and Patrick will improve at Alloa are no mugs. If it wasn't for the collapse of Thistle and Falkirk we would be second bottom.

Are you sure Falkirk and Partick will improve? I see absolutely nothing to say that they will do so significantly enough to overtake us. Agree that Alloa are no mugs but they've yet to beat us over 90 minutes in 4 games this season. 

If we end up bottom 2 it will be due to our own failings rather than a miraculous recovery.

I would concur about the good players thing. It's not like we're filled with shite but rather too many mediocre players. 

Archived