Dundee United v Dunfermline

26 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Think I should just copy and paste my stuff from almost every time we've played this bunch in the last few years. Better team in the first half, slightly poorer in the second, changes didn't quite work for us, United scored from one of their few chances but still look like a pile of utter dung. Knew Clark was going to score as soon as he came on although I thought we'd dodged a bullet when he put that chance wide from 6 yards.

I agree with@stumigoo that Keena was causing all sorts of problems and he shouldn't have been taken off. One thing is for sure, Connolly shouldn't have came on. What a waste of a signing. I'd have moved Hippolyte or Smith wide and brought el Bakhtaoui on tbh.

I also agree with@Dundee Hibernian although possibly not for the same reasons - I don't want to sound like a paranoid Celtic fan but we got absolutely nothing from Muir today. The two fouls on Higginbotham by Murdoch were arguably yellow cards on another day yet neither were given as fouls. Hippolyte was having two hands wrapped round his shoulders every time he went for a ball but I don't think he was awarded any foul in the game. Even before the goal I think there was a fairly clear shove on Beadling which went unpunished. I won't moan too much about letting the United players stay on the field for ages for treatment even when next to the touchline but I will that he didn't book Nesbitt (who I thought was poor, assist for the goal aside) for punching the ball away from Craigan when he was about to take a throw in. We need to be more streetwise though, and hopefully Crawford and Shields can do something about that.

I think at the point you type that first sentence you might want to take a step back and query whether you're thinking clearly. 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought we done quite well in the first half. As the second half went on Utd came more into it, switched off for a moment and we’re punished. Clark’s great with his head, does my pan in how much our support didn’t acknowledge how good he was cause he didn’t run about.

Refreshing to see Crawford & Shields interact with the players during the match, we even had a folder with tactics FFS!

Massive game now next week, a good win at Raith will settle things. A defeat and the pressure will be through the roof.

10 hours ago, JFPar said:

Thought we done quite well in the first half. As the second half went on Utd came more into it, switched off for a moment and we’re punished. Clark’s great with his head, does my pan in how much our support didn’t acknowledge how good he was cause he didn’t run about.

Refreshing to see Crawford & Shields interact with the players during the match, we even had a folder with tactics FFS!

Massive game now next week, a good win at Raith will settle things. A defeat and the pressure will be through the roof.

That annoys me too re Nicky Clark. A proper centre forward who we haven't replaced.

9 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Can't imagine what ambitions you must harbour watching Safranko. 

Does not being able to recognise a quality player and being a Dunfermline supporter go hand in hand?

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Does not being able to recognise a quality player and being a Dunfermline supporter go hand in hand?

Certainly with a high percentage of Pars fans, yes ;)

Too often they mistake running about a lot to be the main attribute of being a player instead of actually being in the right place at the right time.

7 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Stephen Dobbie is probably the only thing even resembling a "quality" player in the entire division.

Since the only thing of quality at East End Park are the steak bridies your opinion doesn’t count.

Archived