Dundee United v Dunfermline

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think we were that bad. Played with good intensity and Vincent should of had us ahead.

Fell out of the game later on and we all know clark is a real danger in the box.

Craigen got caught at the goal, both giving away the free kick and then caught sleeping. He has been at fault for a few recently and I'd be quite keen to get Martin in there. Anyone know why he wasn't in the squad?

Aye some folk need to calm the f**k down.

Pretty average game that either team could have won. No one was great, no one was shite.

United deserved the win for taking their chance. 

But nothing today suggested we should be discouraged. f**k sake, we made 3 subs! 

We were poor and I am amazed we managed to get the goal and then hang on but I felt that after Dunfermline made their changes they totally fell out of the game. A pretty dull affair from both teams Dunfermline probably had a couple of clearer chances (one very good one in the first 45). I thought that taking Keena off was the wrong call as he was causing problems for us.

A great day in terms of the league table but it was pretty turgid stuff today.

Cammy Smith struggled in a team bereft of ideas.

Safranko is in a different spectrum from any player on the park today, the guy could play any position on the park and do justice.

The Pars could have got a point but for Clark's goal, and doubt anyone could complain.

Alan Muir was, like the rest of the referees, one of the the worst performers on the pitch.

3 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:
3 hours ago, DAFC. said:
Very, very poor day for us. We’re in a relegation scrap now, make no mistake.

With Patrick falkirk improving and alloa doing well we could quite easily be bottom after the next few tough games.

:lol:

You'd fucking love that

I don't get why folk don't understand how all this works.

You give a player, like Clark, loads of abuse. Fine, no problem.

However, he then scores. Ok, no issue. What you don't do though is go mental at him and scream loads of abuse and show him how visibly seething you are.

Play it cool for f**k sake 

Just now, DA Baracus said:

I don't get why folk don't understand how all this works.

You give a player, like Clark, loads of abuse. Fine, no problem.

However, he then scores. Ok, no issue. What you don't do though is go mental at him and scream loads of abuse and show him how visibly seething you are.

Play it cool for f**k sake 

^^^^ Seething.  :bairn

Awful game. We tried to build from the back but there wasnt enough movement and alot of pish passing. Ended up playing ourselves into a corner and hoofing up to the isolated Safranko, as usual. Till Clark came on and played closer to the big man.

Matty Smith is horrendous.

Safranko would be on 15-20 goals if we had a decent winger and could get players up to support him.

Right back badly needed.

Left winger badly needed.

Nesbitt isnt a left winger.

Jimmy Gomis apparantly still has a major dislike for our rivals accross the road.

I actually cant believe we are joint 2nd.

Guessing United fans like this Safranko fella as I didn't even notice he was playing...

Worst you could say about that was you really couldn't tell we'd got rid of AJ, apart from the fact we used three subs. Never looked like scoring and yet another defeat. That's nine for the season; the same number we lost in the whole of last season.

Clark and Nesbitt got a ton of stick after the came on which made it a certainty one of them was going to score the winner. The folk running to the front of the stand to shout at him are all absolute goobers.

An absolutely abysmal game of football,with two sides working hard but not a speck of quality between them.  A turgid slog for the most part, although it did mark the first time I've seen something in Hippolyte. He held up the ball well at times and was trying to get on the front foot. His seal dribble in the second half was incredible, even if he probably didn't mean it.

Uninspiring stuff but hopefully with a full week of training we can be a lot better for the Cup tie with the wee team.

Fair play to Nicky Clark, always likely to score and deserved the chance to get it up us. 

The game itself was a non-event. We played better in the first half but still not a lot of quality chances.

Honestly dont think there is much to read from this one. 

41 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Guessing United fans like this Safranko fella as I didn't even notice he was playing...

Safranko is an excellent player, but maybe many opposition fans fail to recognise strengths and weaknesses of the opposing team’s players.

Earlier in the season we played Falkirk and their fans claimed our best player was Loemba who had been awful.  Deceived by a couple of step overs.

Think I should just copy and paste my stuff from almost every time we've played this bunch in the last few years. Better team in the first half, slightly poorer in the second, changes didn't quite work for us, United scored from one of their few chances but still look like a pile of utter dung. Knew Clark was going to score as soon as he came on although I thought we'd dodged a bullet when he put that chance wide from 6 yards.

I agree with@stumigoo that Keena was causing all sorts of problems and he shouldn't have been taken off. One thing is for sure, Connolly shouldn't have came on. What a waste of a signing. I'd have moved Hippolyte or Smith wide and brought el Bakhtaoui on tbh.

I also agree with@Dundee Hibernian although possibly not for the same reasons - I don't want to sound like a paranoid Celtic fan but we got absolutely nothing from Muir today. The two fouls on Higginbotham by Murdoch were arguably yellow cards on another day yet neither were given as fouls. Hippolyte was having two hands wrapped round his shoulders every time he went for a ball but I don't think he was awarded any foul in the game. Even before the goal I think there was a fairly clear shove on Beadling which went unpunished. I won't moan too much about letting the United players stay on the field for ages for treatment even when next to the touchline but I will that he didn't book Nesbitt (who I thought was poor, assist for the goal aside) for punching the ball away from Craigan when he was about to take a throw in. We need to be more streetwise though, and hopefully Crawford and Shields can do something about that.

Archived