Environmental sustainability of football questionnaire

Hi guys,

You're probably bored of these questionnaires by now but if anyone could fill this questionnaire (below) in for my dissertation for Uni it would be greatly appreciated. It's around the environmental sustainability of Scottish football and the clubs in general. Should take 5 minutes max.  Don't feel obliged to fill it out though. Thanks in advance!

https://app.easyquest.com/q/t3AXp

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Alexton said:

Hi guys,

You're probably bored of these questionnaires by now but if anyone could fill this questionnaire (below) in for my dissertation for Uni it would be greatly appreciated. It's around the environmental sustainability of Scottish football and the clubs in general. Should take 5 minutes max.  Don't feel obliged to fill it out though. Thanks in advance!

https://app.easyquest.com/en/Page/ecfbee68-36b8-4fd6-b52d-0b1cef1f2aa1/first/9bc4c798-f275-4076-9641-eb3ebfde6c14

It's an odd survey on several levels.  Is it for your O Grade?  You also missed out that many fans come to Glasgow for matches by plane and ferry.

I did vent my spleen about Scotland's public transport.

Public transport in Scotland is utterly abysmal.  I'd reckon it's the worst in western Europe.

In London I can use my contactless card to make a journey from, say, Amersham to Croydon and use bus - train - tube - tram - bus and never have to physically buy a ticket.

Try doing the same length of route from, say, Pollokshields to Leith.  Similar length of journey and broadly similar journey time.  The steps you'd have to go to:

Subway from Shields Road to Buchanan Street - 1 ticket
Train from Queen Street to Haymarket - 1 ticket
Tram Haymarket to York Place - 1 ticket
Bus York Place to Leith - 1 ticket

Scotland is a transport backwater.

6 minutes ago, German Jag said:

You need to change the link. Just takes you straight to a "thanks for doing doing the survey" page.

That means you've taken the survey before.  Delete cookies and try again.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

It's an odd survey on several levels.  Is it for your O Grade?  You also missed out that many fans come to Glasgow for matches by plane and ferry.

Public transport in Scotland is utterly abysmal.  I'd reckon it's the worst in western Europe.

In London I can use my contactless card to make a journey from, say, Amersham to Croydon and use bus - train - tube - tram - bus and never have to physically buy a ticket.

Try doing the same length of route from, say, Pollokshields to Leith.  Similar length of journey and broadly similar journey time.  The steps you'd have to go to:

Why would you get a train to Haymarket then a tram to York Place instead of getting a train to Waverley and walking to York Place? 

13 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Tbf it's only 3, you can buy a dayticket for the tram/bus. Contactless payments also being rolled out this year. 

52 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Your point is generally right - if a wee bit  exaggerated. Could you not get 1 rail ticket from Pollokshields to Waverley, then a tram down to Leith?  Of course, if the public subsidy for transport infrastructure in Scotland was remotely as generous as it is in the South-East, then I'm sure we could iron out some of these wrinkles. A good argument for Scottish independence, wouldn't you say ? No ?

18 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Your point is generally right - if a wee bit  exaggerated. Could you not get 1 rail ticket from Pollokshields to Waverley, then a tram down to Leith?  Of course, if the public subsidy for transport infrastructure in Scotland was remotely as generous as it is in the South-East, then I'm sure we could iron out some of these wrinkles. A good argument for Scottish independence, wouldn't you say ? No ?

Naw.  Oh and don't get me started on 'exact fares only' buses and other operators on the same route with buses declaiming 'we give change'!

It's like a third world country.  Still, at least you've done the right thing and blamed it on Westminster.

3 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

ScotRail disagree.

Screenshot_20190106-211107.png

Good stuff.  BUT show the 'tram down to Leith' bit.  Don't tell half a tale.

Also show why I should go from Pollokshields East to the Central and then walk to Q Street rather than Shields Road to Buchanan Street then to Q Street with a much shorter walk.

15 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Naw.  Oh and don't get me started on 'exact fares only' buses and other operators on the same route with buses declaiming 'we give change'!

It's like a third world country.  Still, at least you've done the right thing and blamed it on Westminster.

House of Commons Briefing Paper 12 Feb 2018 says overall transport public spending 2016/17 is £33.3bn for London's 8.8m pop and £15.5bn for Scotland's 5.4m pop. I reckon, pro-rata maybe another £5bn due for Scotland ? That would cover almost 4 new Queensferry Crossings per year.

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Is Kincardine really comparing a major metropolitan city with billions of pounds of UK taxpayers money spent on transportation infrastructure to a journey from Glasgow to Edinburgh?

Don't be even more stupid than you are.  Amersham - Croydon and  Pollokshields - Leith are comparable journeys and the length of time is comparable.  The difference is ticketing.  I can do the former with a contactless card and the latter with 4 (or maybe 3) physical tiickets.

Nothing to do with any of what you said unless you like buying tickets.

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Don't be even more stupid than you are.  Amersham - Croydon and  Pollokshields - Leith are comparable journeys and the length of time is comparable.  The difference is ticketing.  I can do the former with a contactless card and the latter with 4 (or maybe 3) physical tiickets.

Nothing to do with any of what you said unless you like buying tickets.

Utter nonsense. 

Distance has nothing to do with this  You're travelling across a transport network which has to deal with millions of journeys on a daily basis compared to a few 10s of thousands at most.  Are you suggesting that the UK's transportation infrastructure priority is similar between Glasgow-Edinburgh as it is travelling across London?  

A better comparison would be in a similarly populated area (some of the outer urban networks in Northern England for example where you have more than 1 train company and numerous bus companies running the system).

As mentioned above, contactless is finally coming to Scotland this year I believe so will allow Scotland to be upgraded to a Second World country, much like most of London and its surrounding environs, 

House of Commons Briefing Paper 12 Feb 2018 says overall transport public spending 2016/17 is £33.3bn for London's 8.8m pop and £15.5bn for Scotland's 5.4m pop. I reckon, pro-rata maybe another £5bn due for Scotland ? That would cover almost 4 new Queensferry Crossings per year.

London is massively over-funded compared to the rest of the country, it's an utter pisstake what westministsr will spend on infrastructure close by whilst ignoring everywhere else.

9 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

London is massively over-funded compared to the rest of the country, it's an utter pisstake what westministsr will spend on infrastructure close by whilst ignoring everywhere else.

And then expense a large chunk of it on every other region's accounts as 'national' spending.

Archived