Stenhousemuir V Arbroath

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having viewed Saturday's match TV again....that defence, wow, that musta been painful for you fans!!

Had to feel sorry for your Goalies especially as the "defence" were AWOL. Garcia, ???never ever a defender.:blink:

You'd be best served playing a 4 -5 -1, against Arbroath lads .......otherwise another 5 something.!!

It's disappointing to say but I can't see past an Arbroath victory on Saturday. I wasn't at the weekend's game (weirdly, I was Arbroath's match with Brechin City) but having watched the highlights, we looked terrible. Raith Rovers were good, and credit to them, but we didn't look comfortable and were being opened up with simple give-and-gos. Horrible.

The defence has been all over the place all season. Connor McBrearty is too rash, Alan Reid isn't good enough and goodness knows what happened to Jesus Garcia Tena after leaving Hamilton Academical because I haven't been impressed with him at all. Unless we're bringing in a completely new backline for Saturday, we're likely to struggle again.

Arbroath weren't too hot at the weekend but when you can bring guys like Ryan McCord off the bench, you're always going to be in a position to make something happen. Not playing well and winning, as the old adage goes, is the sign of champions.

Who knows! Maybe we might spring a surprise and get the three points. That would be a pretty cool way to go!

It's disappointing to say but I can't see past an Arbroath victory on Saturday. I wasn't at the weekend's game (weirdly, I was Arbroath's match with Brechin City) but having watched the highlights, we looked terrible. Raith Rovers were good, and credit to them, but we didn't look comfortable and were being opened up with simple give-and-gos. Horrible.
The defence has been all over the place all season. Connor McBrearty is too rash, Alan Reid isn't good enough and goodness knows what happened to Jesus Garcia Tena after leaving Hamilton Academical because I haven't been impressed with him at all. Unless we're bringing in a completely new backline for Saturday, we're likely to struggle again.
Arbroath weren't too hot at the weekend but when you can bring guys like Ryan McCord off the bench, you're always going to be in a position to make something happen. Not playing well and winning, as the old adage goes, is the sign of champions.
Who knows! Maybe we might spring a surprise and get the three points. That would be a pretty cool way to go!

How did you enjoy the hospitality?

Morgyn Neil will be available for Saturday. I think we all know Jesus isn't the answer but I'd rather have him than McBrearty, who has been getting exposed each and every week.

Saturday was the only time this season in the league that we have been hammered; although we lost 5 last time out against Arbroath, it was a completely different game to Saturday's.

Regardless, we have known since  day 1 that we needed another centre half so I'd like to think that someone will come in the door sooner rather than later, and certainly before we play Airdrie.

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

How did you enjoy the hospitality?

Good, on the whole. My table was treated well, the staff are all very friendly and the food was good. Dick Campbell spoke before and after the game and it was good to listen to him. There are one or two things I would have liked to have done differently on the day but a very decent experience all in.

Good, on the whole. My table was treated well, the staff are all very friendly and the food was good. Dick Campbell spoke before and after the game and it was good to listen to him. There are one or two things I would have liked to have done differently on the day but a very decent experience all in.

You should let the club know, they are always looking for ways to make the hospitality a better experience. A few of my pals were there on Saturday as well. I’m sure you would have heard them [emoji38]

21 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

You should let the club know, they are always looking for ways to make the hospitality a better experience. A few of my pals were there on Saturday as well. I’m sure you would have heard them emoji38.png

Got chatting to some of the younger guys towards the end of the evening and went over with them to Tutties. All good lads.

Our lineup this season has generally been quite settled but with Donnelly coming in midweek and a few other factors, I think we could see a few changes. Donnelly has apparently been playing off the left wing for Stranraer, so it’s possible he could come in as a winger. Kader has come off the back of a decent spell but is still not the answer and Denholm is 🤷‍♀️.

McCord has played well the last few times he’s come on I think, but can he play with Swankie, who it would be harsh to drop.

Wallace and McKenna up top for me tomorrow. Doris is doing the right things on the park but is just a yard off the pace, and will have to rely on cameo appearances for now I think (Especially if Spence signs). Oh and Kane Hester might be in with a shout of a start. Ochilview could be a good hunting ground for a good honest local laddie like himself.

Alright then guys, a couple of quick questions from Jonny Foreigner here.
1 Is Ochilveiw an easy ground to find. ( Not a satnav person)
2 Will there be space to park at or near the ground?

There's an Asda a 5 minute walk away, never had bother parking there.

Archived