Players with many clubs in 1 Season?

Hearing from a pal on facebook there may be an oversight from a team in the South playing a boy that has already featured for two other teams this season.

I know we were warned off signing someone last season for this reason.  The SFA rules mention you can sign for 3 but play for 2 - pro terms?

Anyone care to advise?

The rule must be relaxed now I’d imagine because the Kenny lad played with Upper Annandale, Newton Stewart and also Creetown yesterday all in this current campaign, but he’s also done it on previous seasons so the ruling must have been changed within the last 2 seasons, because I’m sure clubs do their due diligence before signing players and with no disrespect this lad has previous and is widely known for this, so surely clubs have done their homework before fielding him

22 minutes ago, neily1690 said:

Sour grapes?

Not at all.  Ive already mentioned the better team won Neil.  

Merely asking if the player in question is eligible or not as we were advised last season they would not be. 

You checked he was fine to play, yeah?

1 hour ago, CD1953 said:

Hearing from a pal on facebook there may be an oversight from a team in the South playing a boy that has already featured for two other teams this season.

I know we were warned off signing someone last season for this reason.  The SFA rules mention you can sign for 3 but play for 2 - pro terms?

Anyone care to advise?

I'd suggest if there are concerns regarding a players eligibility it is referred to Sandy Bryson and the guys at the SFA rather than raising it on a Football Forum.

Not at all.  Ive already mentioned the better team won Neil.  
Merely asking if the player in question is eligible or not as we were advised last season they would not be. 
You checked he was fine to play, yeah?

Yes we checked and he was fine to play [emoji106]

These supporters from CD need to worry more about their own club rather than the great work going on at Creetown. Looks like the new manager at threave hasn’t had the same impact as the new manager at Creetown. Standard threave though. Been chewing on sour grapes for years 

I think the Threave manager Sam Warren has experience at South level as a player but this always doesn’t make for being a good manager, I think since he’s took charge I think more quality has left the club than what has been brought in, by listening to rumbles going around it looks like he’s brought in friends rather then players to take the club forward, the Houston lad that seems to have stepped up to the plate a bit recently has significant qualifications but unfortunately all the badges still doesn’t give you the minerals to lead a dressing room, i think he’s maybe  out of his depth, but it’s back to the same old cleeks at clubs and not always the best candidates are in charge of these clubs, a club like Threave who are the biggest at south level and arguably the area including Dalbeattie and Gretna should have personel in charge that warrants that, looks like there’s more progress now going on off field rather than on, but this is maybe the plan.

Think you are being a bit unfair. Surely no club is above the rules and CD 1953  is entitled to inquire if a rule has been broken?

I am sure he will be the first to apologise if the club is in the clear.

On 06/01/2019 at 15:21, CD1953 said:

Anyone care to advise?

According to the present rules, I believe the only restriction now is a player can only play a max of five times as a trialist in a season. Think the 3 clubs think has disappeared.so it looks like a fuss over nothing.

Archived