• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
CD1953

Players with many clubs in 1 Season?

Hearing from a pal on facebook there may be an oversight from a team in the South playing a boy that has already featured for two other teams this season.

I know we were warned off signing someone last season for this reason.  The SFA rules mention you can sign for 3 but play for 2 - pro terms?

Anyone care to advise?

Yes there is a current player who has already played with upper Annandale and Newton Stewart and currently pitched up at creetown

The rule must be relaxed now I’d imagine because the Kenny lad played with Upper Annandale, Newton Stewart and also Creetown yesterday all in this current campaign, but he’s also done it on previous seasons so the ruling must have been changed within the last 2 seasons, because I’m sure clubs do their due diligence before signing players and with no disrespect this lad has previous and is widely known for this, so surely clubs have done their homework before fielding him

22 minutes ago, neily1690 said:

Sour grapes?

Not at all.  Ive already mentioned the better team won Neil.  

Merely asking if the player in question is eligible or not as we were advised last season they would not be. 

You checked he was fine to play, yeah?

1 hour ago, CD1953 said:

Hearing from a pal on facebook there may be an oversight from a team in the South playing a boy that has already featured for two other teams this season.

I know we were warned off signing someone last season for this reason.  The SFA rules mention you can sign for 3 but play for 2 - pro terms?

Anyone care to advise?

I'd suggest if there are concerns regarding a players eligibility it is referred to Sandy Bryson and the guys at the SFA rather than raising it on a Football Forum.

Not at all.  Ive already mentioned the better team won Neil.  
Merely asking if the player in question is eligible or not as we were advised last season they would not be. 
You checked he was fine to play, yeah?

Yes we checked and he was fine to play

These supporters from CD need to worry more about their own club rather than the great work going on at Creetown. Looks like the new manager at threave hasn’t had the same impact as the new manager at Creetown. Standard threave though. Been chewing on sour grapes for years 

I think the Threave manager Sam Warren has experience at South level as a player but this always doesn’t make for being a good manager, I think since he’s took charge I think more quality has left the club than what has been brought in, by listening to rumbles going around it looks like he’s brought in friends rather then players to take the club forward, the Houston lad that seems to have stepped up to the plate a bit recently has significant qualifications but unfortunately all the badges still doesn’t give you the minerals to lead a dressing room, i think he’s maybe  out of his depth, but it’s back to the same old cleeks at clubs and not always the best candidates are in charge of these clubs, a club like Threave who are the biggest at south level and arguably the area including Dalbeattie and Gretna should have personel in charge that warrants that, looks like there’s more progress now going on off field rather than on, but this is maybe the plan.

Neil are you trying to take some of the reserves to creetown to spoil their chances of league title 

Neil are you trying to take some of the reserves to creetown to spoil their chances of league title 

???

Threave won't win the league and getting pumped from Creetown didn't affect that. Great to see Creetown on the up again. Great people down there.

Think you are being a bit unfair. Surely no club is above the rules and CD 1953  is entitled to inquire if a rule has been broken?

I am sure he will be the first to apologise if the club is in the clear.

On 06/01/2019 at 15:21, CD1953 said:

Anyone care to advise?

According to the present rules, I believe the only restriction now is a player can only play a max of five times as a trialist in a season. Think the 3 clubs think has disappeared.so it looks like a fuss over nothing.

23 hours ago, neily1690 said:

???

Buff and few others away to creetown from the reserves