Relegation

The Ilford Drummer

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, thelangonline said:
10 hours ago, glensmad said:
It looks like Glenafton have been awarded the match 3-0, from the West Region website club scores lists and the league table.

Awarded 3 points, game won't be replayed and CRFC fined £200

Wow that huge sanction will certainly prevent a recurrence.

2 hours ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

What was the score at the time?

13 hours ago, thelangonline said:
14 hours ago, glensmad said:
It looks like Glenafton have been awarded the match 3-0, from the West Region website club scores lists and the league table.

Awarded 3 points, game won't be replayed and CRFC fined £200

After the trail of carnage this season I can imagine some high fiving going on.

22 hours ago, glensmad said:

I copied the league table yesterday for tomorrow's programme, and that had Glenafton having played 20 games and Lang 18, but today they are back to 19 and 17 respectively and the 3-0 has been removed from the goals for and against. Glenafton still have the 3 points though.

I copied the league table yesterday for tomorrow's programme, and that had Glenafton having played 20 games and Lang 18, but today they are back to 19 and 17 respectively and the 3-0 has been removed from the goals for and against. Glenafton still have the 3 points though.
Yeh, that's a bit weird, as there is now a text line at the bottom of the table saying that the points have been awarded to Glenafton. If you go into the two clubs' results list, they have played 20 and 18 games respectively (including the abandoned match). Perhaps Kennie will be able to clarify for us ?

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 20:28, peasy23 said:

wI copied the league table yesterday for tomorrow's programme, and that had Glenafton having played 20 games and Lang 18, but today they are back to 19 and 17 respectively and the 3-0 has been removed from the goals for and against. Glenafton still have the 3 points though.

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 21:39, glensmad said:
On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 20:28, peasy23 said:

Yeh, that's a bit weird, as there is now a text line at the bottom of the table saying that the points have been awarded to Glenafton. If you go into the two clubs' results list, they have played 20 and 18 games respectively (including the abandoned match). Perhaps Kennie will be able to clarify for us ?

A wee glitch in the software apparently.

I originally had it right with the proper games played and points. The text line was added later to explain the award of points.

When the text line was added it gave the games played as 19 & 17. 

I then re-adjusted the table to reflect the games played and somehow Glenafton ended up with 40 points and second place in the league. I had to remove the text line to correctly show the true position.

Sorry, if it caused any confusion. 

2 hours ago, Kennie said:

A wee glitch in the software apparently.

I originally had it right with the proper games played and points. The text line was added later to explain the award of points.

When the text line was added it gave the games played as 19 & 17. 

I then re-adjusted the table to reflect the games played and somehow Glenafton ended up with 40 points and second place in the league. I had to remove the text line to correctly show the true position.

Sorry, if it caused any confusion. 

My apologies once again.

It seems that I got it wrong. Glenafton were awarded the 3 points only. There was no score appointed to the game. The website does not allow for a no-score input, therefore the league table has now been put right to show the proper information. It will, however now show that both Glenafton and Cambuslang have played 20 and 18 games respectively. The note at the foot of the table explains that the game will not be replayed. Glenafton have 9 games left to play and Cambuslang have 11.

My apologies once again.
It seems that I got it wrong. Glenafton were awarded the 3 points only. There was no score appointed to the game. The website does not allow for a no-score input, therefore the league table has now been put right to show the proper information. It will, however now show that both Glenafton and Cambuslang have played 20 and 18 games respectively. The note at the foot of the table explains that the game will not be replayed. Glenafton have 9 games left to play and Cambuslang have 11.
Couldn't you just trick the league table software by changing the result of the match at Somerville (which CAR won 3-2) to 3-1 and then add the postponed match as as 1-0 Glenafton victory. I think that would get the table to reflect the status needed.

Of course, it doesn't help if the same database is used for displaying the match results on other pages, although looking at them I don't think that's the case.

18 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Couldn't you just trick the league table software by changing the result of the match at Somerville (which CAR won 3-2) to 3-1 and then add the postponed match as as 1-0 Glenafton victory. I think that would get the table to reflect the status needed.

Of course, it doesn't help if the same database is used for displaying the match results on other pages, although looking at them I don't think that's the case.

It's all connected.

On 2/15/2019 at 20:28, peasy23 said:

When is the next installment of Peasies stripgate fiasco?

Archived