Relegation

The Ilford Drummer

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cumnock, Rob Roy (and possibly even Meadow?) aren't quite out of danger yet, but realistically yes the bottom 5 are there for a reason, and it is any 3 from us 5 I think.

No coincedence I don't think that 4 of the 5 are promoted teams, we all knew it would be an achievement to come 4th bottom, and we'd all snap your arm off for that right now!

Kilbirnie are the odd ones out there so maybe their plight is more precarious, I'm sure a relegation fight wasn't in their plans?

None of us can confidently predict we'll be OK, Frew are on a decent run just now unbeaten in 3 with two more HUGE games next up away at Petershill and Kilbirnie, after that we've got a run of games where any points we can pick up will be a bonus, others in the mire will feel similar.

So who do I think will go down, haven't a clue,

but I know who I hope doesn't!

7 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

I'm hoping the Bankies move east and Lang get a 12pt deduction and it then becomes 1 from 4  :)

I'd be surprised if Cambuslang get any more than a 3-point deduction for the cancellation of the Talbot game.

2 hours ago, Frew Fan 2001 said:

Cumnock, Rob Roy (and possibly even Meadow?) aren't quite out of danger yet, but realistically yes the bottom 5 are there for a reason, and it is any 3 from us 5 I think.

No coincedence I don't think that 4 of the 5 are promoted teams, we all knew it would be an achievement to come 4th bottom, and we'd all snap your arm off for that right now!

Kilbirnie are the odd ones out there so maybe their plight is more precarious, I'm sure a relegation fight wasn't in their plans?

None of us can confidently predict we'll be OK, Frew are on a decent run just now unbeaten in 3 with two more HUGE games next up away at Petershill and Kilbirnie, after that we've got a run of games where any points we can pick up will be a bonus, others in the mire will feel similar.

So who do I think will go down, haven't a clue,

but I know who I hope doesn't!

I still think we need some points to be completely safe,we’ve 10 games left 4 away and 6 at home so it’s in our own hands 

3 hours ago, glensmad said:

I'd be surprised if Cambuslang get any more than a 3-point deduction for the cancellation of the Talbot game.

I can't see them getting any points deducted for that. The abandoned game against Glenafton is the one they have to worry about.

9 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

I can't see them getting any points deducted for that. The abandoned game against Glenafton is the one they have to worry about.

It depends on what the real reason for the cancellation of the Talbot game was.

It's not necessarily the reason that has been widely rumoured.

Time will tell.

Archived